Want to meet up?

Silver Rose

Jungkook wasn’t as bad as Eunkyung had thought.

 

Turns out, he was just as bad at socializing as she was. 

 

Their teacher gave them a few minutes to get to know their lab partners while she ran down and got extra copies of their worksheet. Every group around them talked excitedly to each other and became friends with each other but she and Jungkook just sat there. She awkwardly looked down at her notebook and scribbled randomly in the margin. 

 

“S-So,” Jungkook spoke up after an awkward moment. “I’m Jungkook.”

 

“Eunkyung…” She murmured back. Why was talking all of a sudden so hard?

 

They were quite again for a second.

 

“What’s your favorite animal?” He seemed to blurt out the first thing he thought of before his cheeks started to get red once he got the words out of his mouth.  

 

“Wolves.” Eunkyung said as the wolf at her house flashed through her mind. Then it was her turn to blush. Wolves weren’t her favorite animal. She liked cats.

 

Jungkook’s eyes widened slightly. “Oh, I-”

 

But before he could finish his sentence, the teacher walked back in the room and called for their attention. As she explained the first lab they were going to do in that unit, she walked around the room and passed out magnets to the class. 

 

***

 

At the end of class, Jungkook and Eunkyung weren’t exactly the best of friends, but they seemed to at least have an understanding. They didn’t talk except for when they needed to but they had a comfortable kind of silence around each other. When Jungkook accidentally got some of the iron files up his nose when he leaned in close to look at the patter the magnet made in it, Eunkyung laughed at his expression as he wiggled his bunny like nose and sneezed cutely.

 

Jungkook looked awkwardly at her until she lightly tapped his arm. 

 

“I’m sorry, That was just really cute.” She smiled at him and his cheeks got slightly pink. 

 

At the end of class, they were given a research project for to do together so they quickly exchanged each other’s numbers before heading to their next class. Eunkyung wasn’t sure if they’d ever talk to each other after this unit, but at least it wasn’t going to be too awkward.

 

***

 

When Eunkyung got home that evening, the wolf was waiting for her at the threshold. He happily barked at her and nuzzled into her hand, begging for some attention. She gently scratched him behind the ears and squared down to be at his eye level.

 

“Aw… Did you miss me, wolfsie?” She held his face in her hand, making his look at her as she cooed. “Did you miss me?”

 

The wolf leaned forward and tried to her face.

 

“Ak! No! Stop that! No kisses!” Eunkyung covered her face as she laughed and tried to dodge the wolf’s tongue. 

 

A sharp chime rang out in the house, startling them both. Eunkyung reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone. She unlocked and read the text.

 

Jungkook: Do you want to meet at the library downtown to work on our project?

 

She quickly tapped out a reply with one hand as she kept petting the wolf.

 

Eunkyung: Perfect! I’m free all week so let me know when you want to meet up.

 

Almost instantly, she got a reply.

 

Jungkook: Can we work on some tonight? I have some other things I need to do later this week.

 

Eunkyung: Yeah, that’s perfect! Let me grab a quick snack and I’ll be right over.

 

Jungkook: Meet me on the second floor. I’ll be at the desks at the fantasy section.

 

 She quickly went to the kitchen and grabbed an apple. She ate it with one hand as she ran around getting ready.

 

“Sorry, wolfsie.” Eunkyung said as she pulled out some meat from the fridge for the animal’s dinner. “I have to work on a project with a classmate so I’ll be out late tonight. Here’s your food. I’ll be back!”

 

She quickly grabbed her purse from the closet by the stairs and threw her wallet and physics notebook in it.

 

The wolf whined at her and she gave him a quick peck on the forehead.

 

“It’s not the end of the world. I’ll come home soon.” 

 

Yugyeom watched her go and the click of the lock on the front door made his tail droop. His days were spent waiting for her to come home so his evenings could be spent spending time with her. But now he had to wait even longer for her.

 

Yugyeom huffed and slowly walked to a pile of old blankets that Eunkyung had given him to use as a bed. They were tangled together in front of the window and Yugyeom could spend his time watching the forest while he waited for her. Sometimes, he could see members of him pack running through the tress. He’d bark and try to get their attention, but they couldn’t hear him through the thick log walls of the small cabin. 

 

The hunter haunted Yugyeom. His pack was in danger and he couldn’t even warn them. The wound in his side was still bad and he had to move sparsely and with care around Eunkyung’s house. He was stuck in his wolf form and it was starting to wear him down. He missed his pack. Spending his days alone in the cabin was driving him crazy. He had been stuck in the same place for days now and the only thing that kept him from dying of boredom was the few hours he got to spend with Eunkyung before she went to bed.

 

But now she wasn’t here anymore.

 

Yugyeom rested his chin on the ground and stared out the window. He waited and watched until his eyes began to droop and he fell asleep.

 

He woke up a few hours later and sniffed the air hopefully but he couldn’t smell Eunkyung. He was still alone.

 

A/N: I'm thinking about dropping this story. As you can probably tell from the lack of updates, I haven't really been enjoying this story very much. It's just not the much fun to write and I haven't been getting a lot of comments so I can't really tell what people like about this story. Tell me what you guys think I should do with this story. Should I drop it and work on something else or should I keep going? Also, what sort of things would you like to see happen? I really just am at a lost with this story. I loved it at first but now it's just so dull.