Today's the Day

Silver Rose

Eunkyung stood in front of her closet and looked hopelessly at the vast amount of various shades of black in her wardrobe. She couldn’t remember the last time she had bought anything with any other color. Glancing out the clock, she sighed as she realized that there wasn’t much time left and she’d have to work with what she had. Going to the store wasn’t an option at this point. 

 

Today was Friday, the day Eunkyung was having dinner with the boys next door.

 

She’d be lying if she said she was terrified of messing everything up.

 

Today was the first time in over six years she was going to someone house of her own free will. Sure, she had gone over to some classmate’s houses to work on projects, but it wasn’t like she had tried very hard to be sociable. This was the first time she wanted to make a good impression and maybe even make this a regular thing. 

 

Eunkyung want to be friends with them.

 

She was tired of spending all her time alone.

 

Her days were a copy and paste of the previous in an endless cycle she was determined to break. 

 

Wake up. Eat breakfast. Go to school. Do homework. Eat Dinner. Knit. Read. Sleep.

 

Start again the next day.

 

It was time for her to take a chance and make a change in her life. 

 

It was time for her to live a little.

 

Taking a deep breath, Eunkyung stole some courage and pulled out her favorite sweater and jeans. 

 

She could do this. She knew she could.

 

***

 

Youngjae stood at the doorway to the kitchen and watched Jr running around the kitchen and barking orders at JB while they were cooking. Jr had outdone himself. The most delicious scent wafted through the kitchen from the Korean beef and the side dishes were lined up in covered bowls across the counter, ready to be served at a moment notice. 

 

The entire pack was anxiously running around the house, preparing for Eunkyung’s visit. 

 

Over the years they had lived in the small cabin in the woods, they had had many visitors. They had been visited by other werewolves, some witches looking for a place to brew their potions, a few leprechauns trying to play a few tricks, one very lost vampire trying to hid from the son, and even  few hunters before the pact had been established.

 

But Eunkyung was the first humans to ever visit the werewolves’ cabin.

 

They had to consider things differently and try to hid every evidence of the supernatural in the house.

 

Which was more difficult than they had anticipated.

 

The supernatural was a part of their major part go their lives and traces of it was everywhere in the house. Small bottles of glowing liquid witch doctor medicine in bright neon colors lined the small windowsill in the kitchen. In kitchen, there was an enchanted globe that showed the lunar cycle. When the moon rose, the part that was visible lit up as bright as the stars. Small potted plants that warded against unwanted supernatural visitors were in every room.

 

All of that had to go.

 

All of it was taken from it’s proper place and shoved in the corner of one of the bedrooms, were Eunkyung wouldn’t find it.

 

As it grew closer and closer to the time that Eunkyung would be arriving, the pack did more and more circles around the house to make sure that it looked as human as possible.

 

“Should we hide this? I think we should hid it.” Jackson held up a book and Bambam glanced over before making a face at him. 

 

“That’s a dictionary,” The younger wolf looked very done with his roommate.”Do you think Eunkyung is going to look through our bookshelf? And why would she think a dictionary is suspicious? It’s probably weirder if we didn’t have one.”

 

Jackson gave Bambam an offended look. “Okay, but I’m just saying, we’re a house of teenage boys and we have a dictionary. Isn’t that kind of weird?”

 

“I think it’s weirder that we keep you.”

 

Before Jackson could react and protect his dignity as a werewolf, a loud shattering sound came form the kitchen and JB came rushing out with Jr hot on his tail.

 

“I can’t believe it! How could you drop that platter? That was a really nice pottery dish!” Jr stomped as he followed JB to the closet to get a broom.

 

“I didn’t do it on purpose.” JB sighed. “I’m sorry. I’ll clean it up. And hey, at least you had already taken the food out of it.”

 

“Still,” Jr ran his hands through his hair. “We can’t exactly go run and get a new one. Money is pretty tight this month.”

 

“That’s fine.” JB brushed off his concern. “We’ll just have to do without.”

 

The pair went back to the kitchen and JB began to sweep up the shattered pottery while Jr watched to make sure he didn’t miss anything.

 

 

In the living room, Mark was straightening the pillows on the couch of the hundredth time while Youngjae sat on the arm of the love seat, swinging his legs in a way that made him look like a little kid.

 

“Do you think Eunkyung want to be friends with us?” Youngjae asked his eldest hyung. 

 

Mark hummed in responce. “She is coming over for dinner so probably. Why do you ask?”

 

“I want to be her friend. She’s really nice.” Youngjae said shyly.

 

Mark smiled. “Yeah, she is.” 

 

He sat down on the couch next to Youngjae and wrapped his arms around the younger one’s waist. 

 

“Well, we just need to make her feel welcomed.” Mark said. “As long as she has fun, she’ll probably come back.”

 

“Yeah,” Youngjae smiled. “I hope she likes us. I really hope she’ll be our friend.”

 

At the front door of the cottage, Yugyeom was waiting.

 

He sat in front of the tinted window and watched the woods intently. 

 

Today was the day. 

 

After years of waiting, Eunkyung was finally coming. 

 

There wasn’t going to be any awkward small talk this time, Yugyeom was determined to have a proper conversation. After years of waiting for her at the mailbox, and craving the few words like a staving man craves a few scrapes of food, he was finally going to have proper time with her.

 

He had done everything he could to make sure that everything was perfect. He was even wearing a white button up shirt (though he had the sleeves rolled up and a few buttons undone so he didn’t look overdressed). 

 

The day went by so fast when he was cleaning but now that 6 was almost here, every second seemed like a minute and every minute seemed like an hour. Everything seemed to drag on and  Yugyeom had lost count how many times he had lost count of how many leaves there were on the forest floor out side their cabin.

 

Yugyeom sighed but didn’t give up looking out the window, hoping to spot Eunkyung through the trees.

 

At 6 o’ clock on the dot, the door bell rang and the entire pack froze in the middle of what they were doing.

 

She had arrived.

 

A/N: *Sings* We're almost theeeeeerrrrrrrreeeeee OT7/Eunkyung interactions are coming up!!