His Found Family

Silver Rose

The pack stared at the youngest wolf with various expressions of shock. 

 

“You thought…” JB started. He spoke slowly, as if trying to piece together his thoughts to wrap his head around the whole thing. “We’d be upset with you. Because your mate is a human?”

 

Yugyeom avoid his gaze and looked down at the ground.

 

Jackson’s hyena laughter broke the silence suddenly and everyone look at him. He walked over to Yugyeom and gave him a hug so big he spun the pup around in a circle.

 

“Like that means anything to us!” Jackson beamed down at Yugyeom. “That’s just an old wive’s tale!”

 

Youngjae walked over and joined in the hug. “Jackson’s right. You’re not going to bring us bad luck just because your mate is Eunkyung. That’s just silly.”

 

Yugyeom looked slightly bashful.

 

“Wait,” He looked around at all his hyungs. “Does that mean I’ve been worrying about this for years for nothing?”

 

“Pretty much,” Jr came over and rubbed the pup’s shoulder. “JB and I have know for a while already that she was your mate.”

 

“Seriously?” Yugyeom whined. “But I was so careful!”

 

Jr laughed at him. “You were about as subtle as a bull in a china shop. You always hover around her and glare daggers at anyone who comes near her. You were so obvious.”

 

Yugyeom groans and covered his bright red face. “Do you think she knows?”

 

“That you’re a supernatural creature who’s been tied to her future by our moon goddess? No, I don’t think she has a clue.” Bambam said cheekily.

 

Yugyeom glared at him. “You know what I mean, Bambam.”

 

Mark came over a threw an arm over the pup’s shoulder. “Lucky for you, I think Eunkyung is too shy to think like that. She seems like the type to suspect someone likes her but then be like, ‘nah, I’m looking too deeply into this.’ She probably just thinks you’re a very nice next door neighbor.”

 

Groaning, Yugyeom rested his head on Mark’s shoulder. “I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.”

 

“Don’t worry about it too much, Yugyeom.” JB spoke up. “You’re forgetting, you’re Eunkyung’s mate too. She’ll feel the pull of the mood goddess, Luna’s, string of fate just like you.”

 

***

 

Eunkyung wanted to go home. She hadn’t even been at Jungkook’s house for more than a day and she already felt so homesick. 

 

Jungkook’s house mates where nice enough, she supposed, but something about them made the hair stand the back of her neck stand up and warned her to get as far away from them as she possibly could.

 

It seemed like the boys all understood that. She sat in the chair by her bed and stared dully out the window toward her part of the woods. Jungkook and his housemates were downstairs, last she knew, all focused on a very loud game of Mario Party. During dinner, she had forced herself to have small talk, but she honestly just felt herself clam up around them for some reason.

 

There was a knock on the door and Eunkyung looked up.

 

“Come in,” She called and the door opened.

 

Jungkook stood at the threshold, nervously biting his lip with an ornate bag in his hand.

 

“Hey, Eunkyung.” He waved at her awkwardly. “I was wondering if, I could maybe talk to you for a minute?”

 

Half of Eunkyung felt really uncomfortable with the though of having a long serious talk with Jungkook and the other half felt really uncomfortable with being rude and turning him away.

 

“Of course,” She instinctively replied, despite her inner turmoil. 

 

Jungkook smiled, a bit of his nerves melting from his face since she didn’t out right turn him away. He came over at sat down on the guest bed in front of her and carefully set the bag beside him.

 

“I didn’t exactly tell you the whole story last night. About, you know, when I was attacked.”

 

Eunkyung tightened her lips into a thin line and looked down at the ground, not saying anything.

 

“After the hunters save me, they took me in.” He tilted his head back and looked at the ceiling. “You know Jin and Monster?”

 

Eunkyung knew Jin from their encounter at the cafe and Monster had been on of the boys who had welcomed her to the house after she had settled into her room. She nodded and Jungkook continued.

 

“They were the ones who saved me in the forest. Since I was an orphan, they took me in and treated me like family. I really didn’t deserve it.” He laughed humorlessly. “I didn’t talk for over a year and after that I was the biggest brat.

 

“But they did it anyways. When I was older and well enough, they trained me so I could be a werewolf hunter, too.”

 

“That’s nice.” Eunkyung said awkwardly. It honestly felt like she and Jungkook were on two very different levels. He was talking like this was something that should tug on her heartstrings and make her suddenly be okay with all the dead animals decorating the house. Eunkyung actually just felt really uncomfortable and want him to finished this up as quickly as possible.

 

But Jungkook just kept talking. “Monster came from a family of hunters and formed out clan. Jin is a childhood friend. J Hope was a part of a different hunter family and joined when he came of age. Suga fought off a werewolf without knowing what it was so Monster recruited him. Baby G and V saw us kill a werewolf and ended up coming over to out house uninvited so much we just kind of adopted them.

 

“We’re a found family, Eunkyung.” Jungkook smile softly. “I know you don’t like us killing wolves, but I hope you’ll understand why we do it. We just want to protect people.”

 

He held out his hand to her. “And if you’d like, you can join our family. You don’t have to learn out to fight werewolves or anything, you can just live with us.”

 

Eunkyung stilled and looked at his hand for a moment. It would be nice to live with someone else. She had been living alone for so long it would be a welcomed change. But she remembered the bus next door and drinking hot coco with them around the came fire. She remembered the wolf laying across her front yard with a bullet in it’s side. She remembered Jungkook’s cold expression when he turned a gun on her wolf.

 

“… Thank you for the offer.” She turned back to the window and avoided Jungkook’s eyes.

 

The was a paused silence before Eunkyung heard Jungkook sigh and walk out of the room with heavy steps. She waited a moment before glancing back to check if the room was empty. When it was just her, she quickly got up and closed the door to the room before slumping down on the ground. 

 

From where she sat, she couldn’t see the trees or the mountain out the window. The endless blue sky laid right outside her window and it almost felt like she was flying.

 

She missed home, she thought as she began to cry.

 

A/N: *loud vague groans at finals and work* Updates aren't going to be very regular until next week is over. I have finals and I've been picking up a lot of shifts at work since I completely shattered my phone screen and have to pay a lot of money to upgrade to the new one. My friend and I went to a korean karaoke and I found out they had Just Right and I got so pumped up I dropped my phone and it ended up breaking so bad I damaged some of the censors. *nervous laughter* 

 

Anyways! I think I'm going to make the part with just BTS a bit shorter than I originally planned because I cut a few scenes out that didn't make that much sense with where the story is going. Also!! I'm almost done plotting out the ending of Silver Rose!! I finally came up with a good idea! I'm kind of afriad it's going to be anticlimatic, but it's the best fit for the kind of story I set out to write in the first place. The end is in sight!

 

You: Sunny how many chapters do we have left?

Me: *Nervously shuffles through vague plot diagrams and contridicing notes* We're going to at least get to 50 chapters. Bare minimum. Probably.