New Moon

Silver Rose

The cemetery sat on the outskirts of town. It met the surrounding forest’s edge, letting the furthest and oldest graves rest underneath the shade of the trees. A small group of people, no more than twenty, held umbrellas over their head to protect themselves from the rain as a freshly dug grave was filled. One by one the people approached the youngest one there, said a few words, and left. The rain grew heavier until the youngest person was alone.

The young girl stood by the grave maker and was quiet. Only the light patter of the rain interrupted her mournful silence. She hesitantly reached out and touched the stone. It was cold and wet and gritty. It was very definitely real.

 That was what made the girl finally break. 

 She crumpled to the ground as the last of her strength and resolve left her. The cold rain dripped down her face at the same time as her warm tears and her sobs interrupted their gentle rhythm. 

 “Mommy… Don’t go…”

 The young girl reached up and clutched the silver rose pendent around her neck. The silver rose shone brightly in the rain storm. It was a warm reminder of the mother that had departed earlier than she was suppose to.

The rain began to lighten.

 The young girl slowly stood up and tucked the necklace beneath her shirt to protect it. She took a deep breath and took her first step away from the grave.

The young girl couldn’t let herself cry anymore. It was time to go home. 

***

Eunkyung turned off her blaring alarm clock as she brushed her teeth. She should really take the alarm off it. It’s been years since she actually needed it. She woke naturally with the sun now. The turned around to look at her room. Her pajamas were crumpled off on the ground by her door, the complete opposite side from her hamper.

 “Eunkyung, let’s play a game to get all your clothes in your hamper.” Her mom smiled at her. “Crumple it in a ball and throw it in like it’s a basketball.”

 The young woman took her daughters hands in her own and guided her through the motions of throwing the dirty clothes.

 She smiled faintly at the random memory of her mother. With a swish, she picked them up and threw it in the hamper like she had been taught years ago. 

 Eunkyung grabbed her backpack off her bed and ran down the hall to the front door of her small cabin. There was still one more thing she needed to do before she could go to school.

 Her small cabin was on the edge of a large forest. There weren’t many people living nearby her; There was a small town about 30 miles away that people found more appealing. She did, however, have one neighbor who she was friendly with. 

 Eunkyung sprinted down the path to her mailbox and smiled. Her morning routine always ended with her favorite part. At exactly 7:30, she would get her mail and talk to her neighbor.

 The people who live next door to her were a friendly bunch. Seven boys all lived in the same large cabin and treated her like a sister even though she didn’t spend much time with them. They always had. Every morning the youngest went out to get the mail at the same time as her. It started out as a coincidence but as time went on, neither of them stopped coming at exactly 7:30 in the morning. 

 “Morning, Yugyeom!” She called out when the mailbox came into view.

 “Good morning.” He replied quietly. ”How are you?”

 “I’m alright. How about you?”

 “I’m good. JB wanted me to invite you over for dinner this Thursday.”

 She shook her head. “I don’t know why he always asks. The answer hasn’t changed. I appreciate the offer but no thank you.”

 “He’s going to keep inviting you over until you actually accept, Eunkyung.”

 “It’s been 5 years. Doesn’t he know how to take no for an answer?” She open her mailbox and took out the letters. A quick glance told her that they were all junk and she tossed them in her garbage can.

 “He’s too stubborn. He’ll probably keep asking when you’ve moved away and he’s a grandpa.” 

 She laughed. “So I five years then? I swear he looks more and more like a grandpa every time I see him. The six of you must run him ragged.”

 “He wouldn’t be so tired if he stopped bugging us about finding ma- finding girlfriends.” Yugyeom suddenly got shy and look down at the ground.

 “Really?” She looked at him, mildly surprised. “You don’t have a girlfriend?”

 “No. Not yet.” He glanced at her but quickly looked away when their eyes made eye contact. 

 “Well, don’t let him rush you into it. Those things take time.” She closed her mailbox and glanced at her watch. “Shoot, I’m going to be late! I gotta go, Yugyeom!” 

 Eunkyung turned to leave but he grabbed her wrist and held her back. “Wait! It’s going to rain today and you’re not even wearing a jacket. Do you have an umbrella?”

 “No, I-” Before she could finish talking, Yugyeom hugged off his hoodie and handed it to her.

 “Here, you can give it to me tonight. Hurry so you won’t be late.” He pressed it into her hands when he saw her hesitate to take it. With a quick wave, he walked back to his house so she couldn’t give it back.

 “Thanks!” She called after him. “I’ll wash to before I give it back!”

 Out of all the boys in the house next door, Eunkyung liked Yugyeom the most. He might be the youngest of them, but he always took care of her. He’d see her off every morning and waited for her by their mailboxes in the afternoon to make sure she got back in one piece. He gave her her space, but made sure she remembered that she wasn’t alone and that was all she really needed in her life.

 She preferred to be alone.

Hello! I'm Sunny and this is my third GOT7 fic! This fic will be centered around the youngest member, Yugyeom (If you couldn't already tell)! This is my first time writing something with werewolves so it's kind of an experiment for me but I have a lot in store and I'm excited to write this story! Updates will be every friday. Please tell me what you think!