The Other Side of the Woods

Silver Rose

Eunkyung anxiously ran her hand through her hair as Jungkook drove them down the forest’s road toward his house. This was a section she had never explored as a child. It was far from her house and none of the trees looked familiar. Strange shadows seemed to run behind the brush and vanish before she could get a clear look and the hair on Eunkyung’s neck stood up like she was being watched. She was so close to where she had lived her whole life and yet everything thing seemed so foreign. It was strange, as if she had come home only to find that every room had been entirely remodeled without her knowing so much that she couldn’t even find any similarities anymore. 

 

Jungkook had tried to make conversation with her at first. He kept telling her that he was looking out for her by giving her this overbearing protection and it he wasn’t trying to get any thing out of it. But Eunkyung never responded and he gave up after a while. He plugged his iPod in and played some pop punk to try to fill the silence. Eunkyung closed her eyes and snuggled into her hoodie to try to forget where she was going.

 

After driving for nearly half an hour through the winding mountain roads, Jungkook turned into a small, bumpy dirt road. Eunkyung could make out flashes of a house through the thinning trees and knew they were here.

 

Tension froze her body and she tightened her grip on her seat belt. Her entire being was screaming at her that this was a terrible idea and that she shouldn’t be here. But then the image of the wolf flashed through her head and she knew she couldn’t back down. For her wolf, she could get through this. Besides, it would only be for a few days. She just needed to wait until Jungkook had calmed down. 

 

Jungkook turned off the engine and jump out of the car. Before Eunkyung could prepare herself for entering Jungkook’s clan’s house, he was opening her door and dragging her and her stuff toward the house.

 

It was a cute little farm house that in any other context, Eunkyung probably would have loved. But through the windows she could see at least two wolf pelts and that was not calming her down.

 

Jungkook ushered her inside and locked the door behind them, leaving Eunkyung a few moments to observe her surroundings. 

 

It became obvious right away that Jungkook and Jin weren’t the only ones who lived there. The house wasn’t messy, per se, but it was definitely filled to the brim with it’s occupants’ possessions. From the entry way, Eunkyung could see the living room through one door and the kitchen through the other. There was the sounds of a video game and people yelling but she couldn’t tell where it was coming from.

 

Before she could glance around much more, Jungkook urged her shoulder and nodded to the stairwell right by them.

 

“Let’s put your stuff in your room.” Without saying anything else, he hoisted up her suitcase and started to carry it for her.

 

“Oh, okay.” She watched him for a moment before awkwardly trailing after him. “You don’t have to do that you know, I can carry it perfect fine.”

 

Jungkook just shrugged. “It makes more sense if it’s me. I might have forced you to come here, but you’re still our guest.”

 

”Hm…” Eunkyung nervously ran her hand through her hair and followed him up the stairs to her temporary room. 

 

Walking up the stairs, anxiety coursed through her as she passed each one of the hunting trophies that were mounted on the walls. They were all wolves. 

 

“Jungkook-!” When they reached the top of the stairs, a boy a few years older than Jungkook came hurtling out of a bedroom to greet him. He halted, however, when he noticed Eunkyung standing awkwardly behind his housemate. 

 

“Ah, J Hope-” Jungkook started but was interrupted by the other boy.

 

“You brought home a girl!” He beamed at Jungkook with his hands on his hips before rushing over to Jungkook to pinch his cheeks. “I’m so proud of you! You’re finally growing up!”

 

“J Hope!” Jungkook coughed and pushed away his hyung. “It’s not like that! This is Eunkyung!”

 

He gestured to her (Eunkyung hadn’t felt this awkward since going with him to the cafe) like J Hope was suppose to understand something. If anything, it just made it worse though.

 

“Aigoo!” J Hope cooed and Eunkyung. She froze like a deer in a headlight. “So this is Eunkyung! You talk about her all the time; It’s an honor to finally meet her! She’s even cuter that I though she would be!”

 

While Eunkyung tried to stutter out a thank you, Jungkook shoved J Hope back into the room he came from.

 

“We’ll hang out with you latter, hyung! We gotta go!” Jungkook slammed the door shut and quickly shuffled down the hall.

 

Eunkyung pressed her cold hands on her cheek, trying to cool them down. There was an awkward silence between them for a moment before Jungkook spoke up.

 

“Sorry about that.” He mumbled. “J Hope can be a bit much.”

 

“It’s fine.” She took the opportunity and grabbed her suitcase. “Now, where are we going?” 

 

“The end of the hall.” He pointed toward the only open door, avoiding her eyes with flushed cheeks from J Hope’s teasing. “We have an extra room there.”

 

Eunkyung walked ahead of him and let herself into the room. It was plain, like a typical guest room. To her relief, there wasn’t a single dead animal decorating her room. She lugged her luggage over to the dresser and started to zip it open while Jungkook looked on awkwardly. Eunkyung chose to ignore him while she began sorting through what she had packed and putting it away in the dresser.

 

“… I’m going to go let the others know you here.” He mumbled after a moment and quickly left the stiff atmosphere that hung over the room.

 

When the door clicked shut behind him, Eunkyung paused and slowly and stood up. She walked over to the bed and flopped down on top of it. The bed was softer than her own and she could feel herself slowly sinking into it. She felt smothered by it and quickly rolled over on to her side. 

 

The curtains were pulled to the side. Outside, Eunkyung could see the forest. The second floor of Jungkook’s house was so tall, she could see over the top of the trees. The mountains in the distance were jutting up into the gray sky and the occasional bird flew across the horizon.

 

Eunkyung hadn’t left the forest she call home, but it still seemed so foreign.

 

 

A/N: I was going to save this until december 1st and do a double update, but I got impatient. ^_^;  I really missed writing Silver Rose so I went ahead and wrote this instead of my nano like I should have! Surprise!

 

I have still have 9,000 words until I reach my word goal and only 4 days left. *makes vaguely stressed sounds* wish me luck

 

The next few chapters will all be centered around BTS and Eunkyung, but I’ll try to slip some GOT7 in there when I can!

 

Also! If you also like BTS and Jungkook, please check out my other story, Motels Down Route 66! It's a paranormal coming of age drama. I currently have 12 chapters out and I'm super proud of it! Click the poster below to check it out!