Even Eunkyung

Silver Rose

A few months passed and, while her life stand largely the same as it had always been, Eunkyung hadn’t been this happy in a very long time. Every day, she woke up and said goo morning to Yugyeom at their mailboxes. Their conversations were more meaningful now and several times Yugyeom would have to shoo her away so she wouldn’t be late to class. Talking to him had grown comfortable in so many ways, it almost felt like they had been doing it for years instead of months. After the school week was over, Eunkyung would have dinner with the boys and they’d have hot chocolate around the campfire to welcome the weekend in together.

 

For the first time in a long time, Eunkyung had friends.

 

***

 

“Hey Eunkyung,” Jungkook angled his paper toward her and pointed at one of the problems on it. “Do you understand what it’s asking for there?”

 

Even after the last few months, Eunkyung’s relationship with Jungkook remained… Ambiguous. While he was friendly to her in their physics class, he never spoke to her in the halls our even acknowledged her in the halls. But every few weeks, he would text her and ask her if they wanted to study together at the library or meet up at Jin’s cafe. Eunkyung didn’t mind studying with him, but she had never accepted an invitation back to that cafe. Something about it made her feel wrong and slightly violated.

 

Eunkyung looked at which problem Jungkook was having a hard time with and glanced at her paper.

 

“It wants to make a graph showing the reaction of light in a lens.” Jungkook nodded like he understood but didn’t move to work on the problem. “Do you remember how to do that?”

 

“Yeah! Of course I do!” He smiled nervously and brought the paper closer to him. “I’m just going to check my notes, make sure I didn’t forget a step…”

 

“Alright.” Eunkyung tried not to laugh at how stubbornly stupid and resistant to help he was. “Well, if you need a ruler, you’re more than welcome to borrow mine.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You won’t get credit if you don’t use a ruler when you make the chart. The teacher mentioned that today. It’s make sure all our work is as accurate as possible.”

 

“Oh yeah,” Jungkook mumbled. “I knew that.”

 

By the end of class, Eunkyung had finished all of her physics and moved on to editing her essay for english. Jungkook, on the other hand, was still struggling with that one problem. He had gone through several sheets of notebook paper trying to figure it out. Eunkyung would glance over every now and then, asking how everything was going, and he always answered with increasing frustration that he was good.

 

When the last class ended and Eunkyung tucked her notebook away in her backpack and gave Jungkook one last look. He was quickly shoving all the loose sheets of paper he had scribed incomplete charts on into his binder. Not even bothering to put his binder in his bag, he got up from his chair and spoke hesitantly to Eunkyung.

 

“Could we study together on Friday…?” He trailed off and sighed. “I’m just not getting that chart thing.”

 

Eunkyung smiled and nodded. “Sure, should we go to the library?”

 

“Isn’t it closed this Friday?” He asked. “I thought they were doing some maintenance.”

 

“Oh yeah. They are, aren’t they?” Eunkyung pursed her lips and thought for a moment. “Where should we meet up then?”

 

“We could go to Jin’s cafe. It’s near the library.” He suggested and Eunkyung froze up. 

 

The was the last place she wanted to go.

 

“That’s kinda out of the way for me.” She lied quickly. There wasn’t that big of a difference from the cafe and the library and she hoped Jungkook wouldn’t call her out on that. “We could go to my house instead.”

 

Jungkook hesitated for a moment, seemingly debating something, before nodding. “Okay, text me your address later.”

 

Eunkyung nodded and they said good bye before heading to their next class.

 

It was only when she sat down in her asian history class that she realized she’d have to cancel her normal dinner with the boys next door.

 

Eunkyung glanced at the date on her phone and groaned when she saw that it was Thursday already. She hated to cancel so last minute, but it looked like she wouldn’t have a choice.

 

***

 

“Oh, by the way. Eunkyung can’t come to dinner tonight.” Was the first thing Youngjae said when he sat down for dinner with his pack that evening.

 

“What?” Yugyeom stopped eating and looked up in surprise. “What do you mean? What happened? Is she okay?”

 

“She fine. She just has some work she has to do for school.”

 

“That’s very responsible of her,” Jr said as he served rice to everyone. “Yugyeom, you could learn a few things from her.”

 

Yugyeom made a face at his hyung and Jr made an offered face, as if he couldn’t believe that the pup hadn’t taken his teasing words to heart.

 

“Well, now what?” Jackson asked. “We don’t have to make so much food if she isn’t coming by.”

 

“Can we just have pizza?” Bambam said in-between bites of toast. “We haven’t had any since Eunkyung started coming over.” 

 

“Yeah, let’s do that.” Jr sat down at his seat and finally began to eat his own food after taking care of everyone else. “I want a break from cooking all the time.”

 

“WE SHOULD HAVE A MOVIE NIGHT!” Jackson stood up dramatically and Bambam groaned as he accidentally knocked over a dish of cooked vegetables. “We haven’t had a pack movie night in years!”

 

“Yeah, we only did them because Yugyeom insisted when he was a tiny pup. He felt left out a lot when he was younger and that made his feel more included.” Yugyeom sputtered and whined a “Hyung!” at JB.

 

While the pack started arguing about what movie to watch, Yugyeom quickly ate his breakfast and left to go to the mailbox. While the rest of the pack might be fine with it, Yugyeom couldn’t shake the feeling that Eunkyung wasn’t telling them something. She might be studious, but even Eunkyung didn’t like to do homework on a friday.

 

A/N: Hey Jungkook, long time so see!! It's been like, what? 10 chapters? Whoops.

 

Oh well. From here on out we'll be seeing a lot of him. 

 

And hey guys! If you want to help support GOT7's new comeback and get them their first win on a music show, check out this twitter @got7co!!! They are a huge resource for boasting GOT7 on the charts and music show points! Please check them out and help support GOT7's new album!!