Shattered

Silver Rose

"She has a what in her house?" JB's eyebrows were raised in alarm.

"A Hunter. A stupid hunter in her house. Probably one of the ones from the clan we have a treaty with." Youngjae handed Yugyeom a sweater of his and he pulled it on before burying himself in the soothing knit. He covered his face with his arms and curled in on himself. "Maybe even the one that shot me."

"How do you know he wasn't a hunter and not a classmate? She said she was doing homework. Maybe they're studying together." Youngjae sat back down next to Yugyeom and spoke as a voice of reason.

Unfortunatly, all of Youngjae's optimism and reason couldn't find anther answer to this problem.

"He pulled a gun on me and I saw the carvings on the side. It was definitely a charmed werewolf-killing gun."

Yugyeom started laughing humorlessly and his pack looked on in concern.

"I'm such an idiot." He told them. He was smiling in a cruel, self-deprecating smile, as if they wouldn't see the tears welling up in his eyes because of it. "Of course Eunkyung hangs around hunters. I was shot on her land after all."

Yugyeom pressed a hand to his side. While the wound had long since healed under Youngjae's careful care, an angry red scar threatened to remain there forever.

"I bet it was her boyfriend." The tears were dripping down his face now and his forced smile was gone. The pack watched him helplessly as he spiraled downward and talked over anyone who tried to interject. There was betrayal in his voice and his brain refused to listen to reason. "I'm an idiot for thinking we could ever be friends."

Yugyeom hid his face in his arms again and sobs shook their way through his whole body until he was gasping from breath in between them. 

Youngjae wrapped his hands around the young pup and cuddled closer to him. The rest of the pack followed suit until they were dog piled on top of him.

Under the warm, familiar, comforting weight of his hyung that meant the world to him, Yugyeom cried himself to sleep.

The pack untangled themselves from each other once he was asleep and quickly got to work. They all grabbed blankets and pillow to cover the living room floor. After pushing all the furniture to the side, the all curled up around Yugyeom again to protect their pup.

Jr watched over him. Yugyeom's cheeks were tacky from his dried tears and his brows were furrowed in his sleep, like his dreams were no better than reality and he couldn't find a peaceful escape.

"I think," Jr whispered softly to the room. "We underestimated how much Yugyeom likes Eunkyung."

***

"That's why I want to to come move in with me and my clan.”

Eunkyung silently considered Jungkook's words.

On one hand, Jungkook was being very kind and going out of his way to protect her. Heck, he'd even lost sleep over it but staying outside her cabin. This obviously wasn't some weird prank he thought would be cute to pull. He was very serious about being worried for her life. 

On the other hand, so what? Even if werewolves were real and they had killed Jungkook's parents, Eunkyung was alive. If she really had been living next to a pack of werewolves then why had she never been harmed by them? Assuming werewolves had free will like humans, then didn't that mean there were kind ones not bent on killing humans either? There must be. After all, Eunkyung had been living by herself for years now and they had never given her any trouble at all.

Eunkyung closed her eyes and the image of her wolf, bloody and heals dead from a hinter's bullet flashed through her head.

She took a deep breath, and slowly spoke. "If I stay with you, will you promise me something?"

"Of course!" He perked up, seemingly surprised that she was even seriously considering it. "Anything!"

"I decide when it's time to come home." Jungkook nodded, easily accepting that. "And can never bring a weapon on my land again."

Jungkook snapped his neck open and opened his mouth to protest. Eunkyung shot him a deadly look and he quickly closed his mouth.

"Promise. You have to promise me, Jungkook."

"O-Okay. Fine. I promise." He sighed, the whole against his better judgment. But if it got Eunkyung to come home with him, then it's fine.

"I'm going to hold you to that." She warned.

Jungkook nodded but quickly changed the subject. "How soon can you move in with us?"

"Um," Eunkyung had not thought that far ahead. "How soon can you have me?"

"Tonight. We have a spare guest room you can stay in. "

"Oh, um," Eunkyung suddenly felt very awkward at the suddenness of all this. "A-Are you sure? Wouldn't it be better if I came in a few days so your house mates will know?"

"Nah, it's fine." Jungkook stood up and held his hand out to Eunkyung. She took hold of it and pulled herself up as well. "They're pretty chill and Jin keeps the place clean so we have nothing to worry about."

"Ah... Okay..." Eunkyung let go of his hand and kind of stood still for a moment, not sure what she should be doing.

"You should go pack," Jungkook put his hand on her back and pushed her toward the door. "I'll keep a look out and wait for you."

"Okay, I'll be quick." Eunkyung opened the front door and closed it behind her. The quiet familiarity of the cabin wrapped up around her and she sighed to break the silence.

While it had seemed like a good idea at the time, now Eunkyung wasn't so sure about staying with Jungkook and his clan. Her first thoughts was to use that as a bargaining chip so Jungkook would never be able to hurt her wolf. But now that she was so suddenly having to change so much, she wasn't so sure if it was worth it.

But.

She couldn't just stand there and watch Jungkook wait for the wolf to be lured back to her house just so he could kill it. She had to do something to protect the wolf. Before she even knew what she was doing, she followed her protective instinct was telling her to do. 

She had to take fate into her own hands if she wanted to save her wolf.

A/N: Hey guys! So, it seems like the general consensus is that I slow down updates to once a week, that way I won't have to be on hiatus in November. I've decided that Monday will be our update day from now on until the end of November! I was going to do Wendsday, but I wrote this yestday and I'm way too excited to see what you guys think about this chapter!

Also, I may have teared up a bit when I was writing Yugyeom crying. I've grown very attached to him.

EDIT: Whoops! looks like I forgot to draft this ort Oh well! Enjoy this chapter a day early and I'll see you next monday!