ACT 2 - SCENE 3

The Journey of The so Ever After

Most people avoid The woods because it's the home for many trolls and ogres. It's also home to The Witch of The Woods, and witches are best left alone. I once heard about a witch who had taken a baby right from her parents' arms and never seen again and I also heard that witches like to catch children who misbehaved and cook them for supper!

But the highest danger of a witch was her magic. There was no telling what terrors a witch could manage-brew a storm right over you head, or turn you into a fat pig to eat you for supper. As I was, I didn't want to take any chances, so I didn't go far-just far enough to be sunrrounded by tall trees where no one from The Village would see me. Here and there were trees stumps from the woodcutter. He was the only person who ever went deep into The woods, I sat on one of the stumps.

Through the trees I could see out over the valley where The Kingdom lay. The houses looked so tiny and beyond the houses was the king's castle. After that there was nothing but roads that left to the villages Yonder and Beyond and the sun setting free behind the mountain prairies. 

The view was centairly beautiful, let the voice run it's course.

"Ever felt away with me just once that all I need. Entwined in finding you one day. Ever felt away without me, my love, it lies so deep. Ever dream of me........Would you do it with me, heal the scars and change the stars. Would you do it for me and turn loose the heaven loose within. I'd take you away, Castaway on a day lonely day !Bosom for a teary cheek. My song can, but borrow your grace!!!!"

A pixie landed on my hand and intrigued by the symphony of my melody. Her little wings flipped and chirped in joy as the magnitude of the song grew.

"Your beauty cascaded on me. In this white night fantasy......Ever felt away with me just once that all I need entwined in finding you one day!!!"

I finished in a high pitch tone, my eyeslids open as I had noticed more pixies had have landed near me. In a matter of two seconds the pixies attacked, they shot me like an explosion of many-colored sparks. One bit my arm, more bit my hands. I kicked and trashed to get them off. I lost my balance and felt off the tree strump.

"Buzzards!" I screamed, but they shrieked and converged on me like a flying army. Another bit my neck and others pull my hair in tangles. 

Then somehing showered down on top of me, and when I opened my mouth to yell. A rain dirt was showering down on us, the pixies shrieked louder than ever and flew away in a swarn. When I open my eyes, they had disappeared and I looked up to see a boy.

It was Black.

He stared at me in awe and curiosity and said, "You can sing?!!!"