ACT 1 - SCENE 5

The Journey of The so Ever After

The smooth waves of the ocean could be heard in the distance, high above in the tower a silhoutete of woman could be seen. She seems to be about average yet high with black silky hair and plum lips. If we could describe her looks, she will a enigma of beauty. Makes you wonder what a lady like her is doing up there.


On a bright sunny day, the birds chirp to atone. The melody was so nice and smooth that woke up the little girl under the covers, she felt rejuveneted and overjoy on the first day of spring. Delicious aromas spread through the house as the little girl rush to follow the sense.

A weary and pretty old lady greets the little girl, her pink cheeks were painted with a rose pink. The old lady's hair was tied into a nice and neat bun that her two white strings were very visible to the human eye, given her a complexity of attractiveness.

"Good morning Angel" greeted the old lady.

"Good morning Grans" 

"Did you sleep well child?" said Grans softly.

"I did Grans, what about you? ' I said 

"Yes, I did." She answered.

"Come child and eat, You have a day ahead of you." said Gran.

"What about you?" I said 

"I already ate. Stuffed as goooseberry pie." I looked at Gran's frail and whithered frame. It looks like time has taken a toll in her. Her hands were knobby and the blue veins were raised above her skin. She trembled as she tried to feed threat into a needle. I knew she wasn't eating enough, that she was going hungry to give me more food. It got me worry that if I couldn't find anything else to eat. I will be losing Gran just like mother.

Even though, I was still hungry. I couldn't be taken food from Gran's, she needs it more like I do. I was twenty now, Twenty was the age that most girls look around for boys to marry and they start breeding childrens, but I am the only exception. No boy will ever like me, I mean who in the world will be marry a unattractive and clumsy girl like me who doesn't even know her name yet.

Sometimes I thought if I just focused hard enough, I could remember the name my mother had whispered to me before She dissapered. Sometimes I could still hear that whispered....lucy, lucinda, lucia, lubimora, lucetta. I had spoken a hundred names aloud. It always trickled my brain like a feather, but my true name, If I had one, never surfaced all the way.

"Gran, what if I never find my name?"

Gran's needle paused in the air for a moment. "You mustn't worry about it too much, dear."  That's what she always said if I asked her about my name or my destiny. I used to think she just wanted me to be patient and not worry about it too much. Now that I think about it doesn't reassure me that I will find it eventually or my destiny.

"Suppose I'm Lulu until the day I die?" I said.

"You're young yet, what does it matter if you haven't found your name," Gran said. "Will it bring peace to your soul, I don't believe so child. Lulu might turn out to be a great destiny..... in the end."