ACT 3 - SCENE 2

The Journey of The so Ever After

I can see a silhouette at front, can it be the person who I have been looking for all day. It's her... 

I have finally found her, Where has she being? I have been worried sick for her, yet she doesn't even bother coming to the ball. She can be a little stubborn. Alright, let me play a prank on her while she is dozing off in the nearby log. 

f(x)- paper hearts

"when it's a rainy day, put an umbrella over me, don't make me cry yeah yeah. I might break, so make your words gentle and soft ok? On the outside, I look strong, but my heart is like paper."

"I got pa pa pa pa pa-paper heart"

Wow, her voice is soft and gentle like a feather. She can enchant you with her sweet melody, it feels like a thousand of angels have manifest. I could just stay here and hear her sing all day long if I only could sing as sweet as her.

WHAT AM I SAYING?! She is my best friend, I can't be having this naughty thought. What has been happening to me lately? why do I keep having this strange thought when I am around her? Can it be that I have actually fallen for my best friend?

If my memories do recall me, I do have a crush on her since the time I have met her, yet still, why haven't I confess to her, how do I feel? Is it because I don't  want to get rejected or is it because I lack the courage she has. Common black, be straight forward to her. It wouldn't hurt to try at least. 

"Hey, there stranger." Puppy jumped at the sound of the voice.

"OMG!, Black don't do that, you scared me for a second," she respond still frightened

"If you were paying attention to your surroundings then none of this would have happened. Don't you think?" Black chuckled 

"well yeah... but normal human beings don't go around sneaking on somebody's back."

"I can't agree to disagree, but I am not here to hear your sermons, bare me some slack would you? Anyways, where have you been? I have been worried sick about you since I didn't saw you at the festival earlier today." 

"I wanted some peace and quite, I didn't want to be bothered with all the unnecessary trouble. That's why I came here, to take my mind off  things that have been bugging for a while."

"Like what?" Black asked

"Well, Grandma is getting old and sicker as the days go by. It pains me to see her in that state, but I am just a mere raggedy girl who can't do anything. My only option is to run away and go beyond to where the mountains meet the moon. If I were to stay in this village, I feel like I would never live my life to the fullest and everything would be wasted. I have no more use of being here, I would never forget where I came from. But, something in my gut is telling that there might be something up there for me."

"What about your friends and family, well the only ones that you have left."Black wondered

"Let's be honest Black, What friends do I have? Everyone in this stinking place hates me or they think I am weird because I don't have a father or a mother. Basically, the only person who cares for me and cherishes me was my grandma. I have nobody else..."

"Wow, I can't believe what you are saying, so I see how it is? So, you don't think I am one of your friends?"

"I...I... didn't mean it like that."

"Of course, you did not! I feel so offended that after all those years protecting you and helping you out, you couldn't even give me a glance of the efforts I did for you. How inconsiderate of you? What was I thinking? Trying to make you fall in love with me because of your sole nature. I tried to make it very obvious to you because you are so naive, but what is the point of doing that if you never noticed.!" yelled Black 

Puppy started crying, she couldn't control herself. It felt as if somebody had taken her favorite toy and they have never get it back to her. Her friend was right, she was never good at reading between obvious signs and yet here she was crying after a love confession. Why couldn't she do the same for him? Is it because she doesn't feel the same way, that's not it.

Black was starting to feel bad about what he have said to her, he didn't mean to hurt her. His anger got the best of him and he couldn't control it. Black was starting to get frustrated because she hasn't said anything to him, it pains him to see her cry, but he can't give in.  

It's more than that. I don't have the courage that he has, I lack what he has. All this time, I wasn't being fair to my own self. I always thought that he would end up with one of them park twins, but in the end, he chose me. I wasn't being truthful to myself, I always put others before me. In the end, I always ended up getting hurt for no apparent reason.

  Black couldn't take it anymore and said, "I will understand if you do not feel the same way about me. I just want to let you know how I truly feel about you."

As he was ready to leave her along, he felt a small hand intertwined with his. He was surprised. 

"I can't let you go after you hear me out first, you are right and I am sorry.... how could I have been so stupid not to see your feelings for me. I always thought that putting others before was the best option, but I never realized that I would get hurt in the process. My feelings for you are mutual, I have a crush on you since the first time I met you. I couldn't tell you because I was afraid of rejection....."

"I thought I was doing the right thing. Look at me! I am not where near being a pretty girl. All this time, I felt that you would have been better with someone like the park twins pretty and elegant. To my surprise to you chose me, I do consider as someone special to me.... I would understand if you are disappointed in me, but I just want to let you know that I do care about."

Puppy went for a kiss, black just stood there shocked and surprised at the sudden revelation. His mind couldn't process the confession the girl of his dreams has made, it made him feel a thousand butterflies. Black thought this was just a dream, but why was he feeling it. This wasn't a dream this was real. Puppy started to break the kiss in disappointing in herself for not being honest with him on time, but to her surprise, he reciprocated the kiss.

Both of them share a loving tender kiss at the light of the moon.