ACT1 - SCENE 4

The Journey of The so Ever After

My home is a tiny cottage. The roof is lopsided and leaks when it rains, but Gran is there and she doesn't mind. When I stepped inside, I was greeted by gust of warm air that smelled of fresh baked bread and sweet apple pies. Gran was sewing near the fire and didn't stop her work when I entered, but greeted me with a smile and a rhyme.

"Wash you hands, wipe your feet, give me a kiss, sit down and eat."

Gran's rhyme made my insides warm and delighted. I just wish mother would have been here to able to see this , Pup smiled and became silent, pondering on the day. Even though her mother assured her that she was going return. She never actually did, that was the last time she ever saw her again. She wonders if she even remembers her like she does. The idea was beginning to sadden her and tears began to tickle down her cheeks. Not realizing that there were tears, she jumped when Gran spoke.

"Child, what's the matter?"

"Nothing Gran's. " Pup replied quickly

Gran reached over and caught one her tears on her fingers. "You're crying. Why?"

"It's nothing, really." Pup insisted, whiping her tears away.

"Bared with me child, what's troubling you ?" Gran persisted gently. 

"Well... I was just thinking about mother, you know what it would be to have her here with us. According to my prediction, I believed I was the reason of why she left in the first place and the sorrow I brought her." She explained softly.

"Sweet child, don't cried. You never brought anybody sorrow or agony, on the contrary my dear. You brought us all happiness and joy, You mother loved you just like I do. I believe even your father would have been proud of you puppy, if he was still alive." Gran reminded her

Pup sniffled and nodded

"Great just dont cry anymore, please," Gran requested. "It saddens me to see you cry."

"Okay, thank you Gran's." Pup reached out to her and hugged her.

Old weary hands caressing her with gentleness and affection to ceased the pain away that has cause her. The fair maiden has ceased her cry and has stumbled into a deep slomber.... Hurry! make a wish. A wish in which you are the guider of your own destiny.