ACT1 - SCENE 2

The Journey of The so Ever After

Gran said that I cried then, but I never hear that in my imagination. All I hear is silence. Not a move or a breath just the silences afterwards she was gone. My name was never brought out, and its meaning disappear along with her. Now everyone calls me a puppy, a name that can't be changed or taken back, because in the kingdom your name isn't just what people call you but instead what you are.

My destiny really stinks, I stopped growing when I was seventeen and my complexion was too petite to play along with the other children. The midwife, Amber, says I am small because I had only the milk of a stinky goat instead of a strong mother, but I know thats not really true. In fact it's because you don't grow all the way if you don't have your actual name.

I tried not to think about my destiny too much, but upon my brithday I always do. I sat in the mine, swirling around mud around in a pan, searching for gold, but all I ever saw was mud, mud, mud.

"Pup! Hey, Pup!'

I groaned as Krystal and her sister Sulli approached with meancing grins on their faces. Krystal and Sulli were the Park's daughters. They were younger, but big in height, and more prettier, they could easily have a pile of guys swayed below their feet without any shame.

pretty disgusting if you ask me.

"Happy birthday , Pup! We have a present just for you." Krystal threw a clod of dirt at me. My small hands tried to block it, but it smaked right in my face and I clenched my eyes shot in order for the mud not to get in.

"Now that's a gift worthy of your name!" said Sulli. 

Other children howled in enjoyment and laughter.

"Leave her alone," said a boy named Black. Both Krystal and Sulli stared at him in awe because first of all he is hot, second he is y, and third he had muscles, Every girl in the village like him and yes I admited too I like him but we are not talking my personal life, so keep running along.

I didn't realize that I was staring into space until when I collide with a pair of beautiful brown eyes, soon he approached me closing the gaped between us, as he stand right in front of me. I saw him taking a white handkerchief out of his pocket to wiped off the mud out my face. The hairs on my back stand up as various pair of eyes were sending me daggers. If a bunch of stares could kill I would be death by now.

"Mhm..."

A coughed was heard, as a bunch of shilhouettes stared at us in disbelief.

"If you guys are done, Then we can on going." Krystal groaned, as everybody else nod in agreedment.

"Are you jelaous?", I said Mockingly.

"You wish, As if makes you anything special... Oh! wait you are not." said Krystal

Everyone laughed. Krystal and Sulli fell over each other, holding their stomachs while tears streamed down their faces. Just for a moment I envied them because they were having so much fun; however, I couldn't join them because I remembered the reason of why they were laughing.

Black screamed at them so hard, as they swallowed in fear. "Go away," he said 

"Sure. You two want to be alone." The two sisters walked away, snorting and laughing.

I could feel Black looking at me, but I stared down at the ground. I picked some small branches as I play along with them. I did not want to look at Black.

"You'd better find some gold today, Poppy," said Black,

I glared at him. "I know. I'm not stupid." 

He raised his eyebrows. Some people did think I was stupid because of my name. And sometimes I thought they were right but I am not, am I.