Mariah's Secret

Let me into your heart

During class Luhan and Mariah never said a word to each other. Kris had sat next to Mariah while Luhan sat in front. Mariah did not focus the whole lesson and ended up getting detention. Luhan felt even worse when he heard Mariah got detention. Since it was awkward Kris walked with Luhan while Mariah walked behind them. She was so zoned out and Kris and Luhan did not want to do anything to worsen it.

As the three got to class Hana walked up to Mariah.

“Hey Mariah!” Hana says cheerfully.

Mariah looks up and sees Hana and looks at her not smiling.

“Hi Hana. I don’t really want to talk at the moment so if you would excuse me.” Mariah nodded and walked past Hana walking away.

Luhan and Kris watched as Mariah left. Luhan was the first to walk over to Hana.

“Hey Hana, sorry about earlier, do not mind.” Luhan says.

“Thank you for apologizing Luhan oppa. What is up with Mariah?” Hana asks.

“She is just not in a good mood right now, don’t worry she will be alright tomorrow.”  Luhan smiles.

“Oh, alright then, um do you guys have maths now with Miss Lee?” Hana asks. Luhan and Kris nod.

“Yay! I have friends.” Hana smiles.

The three all head to maths. As they walk in Luhan locks eyes with Mariah. Mariah then turns and sees Hana next to him. Mariah smiles a bit.

She felt a gush of relief come to her as she saw the difference in Luhan now. Mariah was still a bit upset so she kept her distance away from Luhan. She sat at the back closest to the windows. She looked outside and watched the world go by.

When class finished it was now lunch time. Mariah was last to leave since she wanted to take her time going to detention. She passed Luhan and Kris while she went into another room. She did her detention and left 4 minutes later.

Mariah did not really want to face the guys so she went out to the track. It was near where they sat but she just needed distance. She changed into her gym clothes and started running.

Luhan and Kris were watching Mariah from behind the bleachers.

“I can tell she is still upset.” Kris says to Luhan.

“Yeah I know, I don’t want to go annoy her more by being real needy so I will just stay away.” Luhan says.

“Yeah, I have to tell you something Luhan. Come with me.” Kris walks off. Luhan follows until they are away from Kai and Hana.

“I promised Mariah I wouldn’t tell you but I think I need to.” Kris says.

Luhan looks at Kris confused. “What is it?” Luhan says.

Kris sighs before explaining.

“When Mariah and I lived in Australia there was this girl and she wanted to be friends with Mariah so badly that one day Mariah told her off the same way you said about Hana and the girl killed herself.” Kris says.

Luhan looks at Kris gobsmacked. “Omg really? Is that also where she also gets her nickname ‘Kitty’ from?” Luhan asks.

Kris nods slowly. “She has only ever been friends with me since I knew her the longest. You and Kai are her first ever real friends because she knows she can trust you. That is why she took that to heart because it reminded her what she did.” Kris says.

Luhan sighed. He felt even worse now that Kris told him. Luhan looked around the track and saw Mariah laying on the floor. He looked closer before running over. Kris looked at what Luhan was doing and noticed Mariah. He wanted to run but he knew that Luhan had to make it right and be there instead of him.

Luhan reached Mariah and saw that she had fallen and had cuts and scrapes all over.

“Mariah!” Luhan kneels down and lifts Mariah up. Mariah opens her eyes and sees Luhan there. Even though she was still upset she needed someone and Luhan was so she hugged him.

Mariah starts crying. Luhan pats her and holds her closer.

“Shhh it is okay… I am here now.” Luhan says softly.

Luhan picks Mariah up bridal style before walking to a tree nearby. He places her down before standing up.

“I will go get the nurse ok?” Luhan says and is about to leave when Mariah grabs his hand.

“Please do not leave me Luhan…” Mariah says crying again. Luhan nodded and sits next to her.

Mariah sits in between Luhan and places her head on his chest. She felt so safe and did not want Luhan to go away.

Kris had been watching the whole time. He smiled to himself. “Good job Luhan, I hope I didn’t make the bad choice by telling him her secret…” Kris says and walks away.

The bell rang while Luhan and Mariah were still under the tree. They decided not to go to class because Mariah was not ready to leave. Mariah was calm now and had stopped crying.

“Did Kris tell you?” Mariah asks. Luhan nods. “He thought it was time for me to know… I am sorry for saying that Mariah… if I had known I would never have said it. I feel like the worse boyfriend ever.”

“I should have told you… I just couldn’t bring myself to say it. It hurts too much and I regret it every day of my life. I just want you to at least be nice, you don’t have to be her friend. I just want that from you so you do not make the same mistake I did…” Mariah sighs.

“I understand why you didn’t, it is not my place to ask. I will try my hardest to be nice to her for you Mariah.” Luhan says and kisses Mariah.

Mariah kisses back before laying back down and drifting off to sleep. From afar Hana had been watching. She smirked as she saw the two.

“Just you wait Mariah, more things will come your way not just faulty track.” Hana smirks before walking away.

Mariah and Luhan left school and walked home. Luhan carried Mariah all the way home. When they arrived no one was home. Luhan walked inside and headed to Mariah’s room. When he arrived he placed her on the bed. She had fallen asleep on the walk home. Luhan kissed Mariah on the forehead before leaving and walking into his room.

He checked his phone and saw a message from an unknown number. He read it.

‘Your girlfriend is pretty clumsy, make sure you know who you are trusting here’

Luhan frowned at the message and deleted it.

“Stupid people trying to trick me.” Luhan sighed and left.

Mariah slept for the rest of the day.