The Plan

Let me into your heart

Luhan and Mariah arrive back at Luhan’s house. Luhan walks to his room leaving Mariah standing by herself. Kai comes over and nudges Mariah.

“What happened with you and Luhan?” Kai asks.

“He is letting me help him open his heart again.” Mariah says.

Kai’s eyes widen and he blinks at Mariah. “He is actually warming up to you?”

“Yeah, im surprised, and he told me the reason he acts cold towards girls. It is so sad and I wish it never happened to him.” Mariah says.

Mariah thinks about what happened before and is about to tell Kai but just says nothing.

“I am going to go into my room now.” Mariah says and walks away leaving Kai alone.

Luhan is standing behind the door, the flashback of what happened at the crossing went to his mind.

“Why am I feeling this way? Why did I let her help me?” Luhan says as he leans against the door. Luhan feels his heart beating faster so he walks out of the room and goes into the kitchen.

Luhan looks around and does not see Mariah so he grabs a drink and a snack and goes back into his room to find Kai on his bed.

“I heard you are letting Mariah help you.” Kai says a smirk on his face. Luhan just sits on his bed.

“I don’t know why I said yes, I cannot believe I let her. Even after the…” Luhan stops talking suddenly.

“After what? Did something happen?” Kai asks.

“Nothing, just leave it.” Luhan says and eats his food. Kai stares at Luhan.

“Luhan it must be something, come on let me know.” Kai says.

“Fine, Mariah was crossing the road when a car nearly hit her so I yanked her out of the way and this moment happened where we were just staring at each other, our faces really close together.” Luhan says.

Kai smiles. “Aye! Love might be blossoming in the air.” Kai says.

“No I can’t it would hurt too much to date someone and have the fear of losing that person again.” Luhan says and Kai pats his back.


Dinner comes and Luhan sits next to Mariah. Kai decided to play a game and he asked the parents to let Luhan sit next to Mariah. Kai sat where Luhan originally sat. Kai usually sat next to Mariah but today Luhan is next to her.

Luhan moves his chair a bit away from Mariah. Kai sees and smirks to himself. Mariah looks over to Luhan and notices he is looking at her. Mariah looks away and continues her dinner. Kai occasionally glances to and fro from Luhan and Mariah. He counted the amount of times they looked at each other.

He counted about 30 times that whole time they were eating. Kai smiles as he thinks of a plan to get them closer together. After dinner everyone tidied up and Kai walked off. Mariah was left to wash the dishes. Luhan came in and saw Mariah.

He diverts his attention away and grabs a soda out of the fridge. He hears a smash and quickly looks to Mariah’s direction. He sees blood on her hands so he quickly races over and picks up the smashed plate and grabs a cloth and wraps it around her hand.

“Stay there I will get the first-aid kit.” Luhan says and runs out the kitchen. He runs to the bathroom and grabs the first-aid kit and runs back to the kitchen.

He comes in and grabs a bandage out of the box and wraps it around Mariah’s hand and clips the little metal thing on. Mariah stands up and starts to do the dishes again.

Luhan grabs her arm. “Let me do it” Luhan says staring at Mariah.

“Are you sure?” Mariah asks. Luhan nods and Mariah walks out. Luhan then continues doing the dishes. His mind on other things.

“Aish! Why am I still thinking about her…? She needs to get out of my head.” Luhan says.

From behind the door Mariah had heard Luhan talking. She leans against the wall and sighs.

“Why is he making my heart beat like this? I just wish things weren’t complicated.” Mariah says and walks off.

Luhan finishes the dishes and goes to his room. Kai is already asleep so Luhan jumps into bed and also sleeps.


Mariah was awake at 5 this morning. She decided she would just go for a walk. So she got up got dressed and headed out to the gate. She sees Luhan waiting there. She walks over.

“Why are you here?” Mariah asks.

“I was told to meet Kai out here… but I guess he had other plans.” Luhan says gritting his teeth.

“Well you can go inside now; I am just heading out for a walk.” Mariah says.

Luhan just stands there quietly. “I’ll come with you so you are not lonely.” Luhan gives Mariah a weak smile. Mariah then nods and both head outside.

Mariah and Luhan walk around for about 30 minutes.

“Mariah?” Luhan speaks.

“Yes Luhan?” Mariah says.

“Um what… do… um…” Luhan starts.

Mariah stops and blinks at Luhan. “What are you trying to say?” Mariah says.

Luhan is about to speak when Mariah is bumped into and collides with Luhan. But their lips crash together. Both Mariah and Luhan widen their eyes as their lips are still connected.

Luhan breaks away and feels his cheeks go red. Mariah also feels her cheeks go red.

“Um… uh let’s continue….” Mariah says and walks off. Luhan stands there for a moment before joining Mariah once again.

It was silent for the rest of the trip back to the house. Mariah walks behind Luhan into the house. Both part and go their own way. Kai sees Mariah and notices her cheeks are red. He smiles and goes back to his own doing.


Mariah has a shower and dresses again before heading out. Luhan also comes out of his room at the same time. Mariah stops as she is face to face with Luhan. Luhan stares at Mariah as she stares back. Mariah and Luhan make eye contact.

Mariah breaks the contact and walks away. Luhan also does the same and heads to his parent’s bedroom.

Luhan walks into his parent’s room. “Mum, Dad. You called me?” Luhan asks.

“Yes dear, I need you to go to Busan for me.” Luhan’s mother says.

“Why?” Luhan asks.

“Because I said so.” Luhan’s mother said sternly.

“You can take my car also and if you end up staying there I will give you money.” Luhan’s mother says.

Luhan knows not to argue with his mother so he takes the keys and money from his mother and walks to the car. Luhan stops as he sees Mariah standing at the car.

“Why are you here?” Luhan asks confused.

“I am supposed to be going to Busan with your parent’s.” Mariah says looking at Luhan.

“I was told I was going to Busan but my mother didn’t say why, I guess this is why.” Luhan says.

Mariah nods. “I don’t have to go…” Mariah says.

Luhan sighs. “No it’s okay, let’s just go and enjoy the time.” Luhan says and hops into the driver’s seat. Mariah hops into the passenger seat.

Luhan stars the car and drives off. Kai was watching from a window. “This will turn out well, hopefully.”

There was silence in the car. No one spoke or did anything. Mariah had her earphones in and Luhan was driving. Luhan would look over to Mariah every now and again. Mariah never noticed. She was too busy looking out the window as the car’s pass by.

Luhan sighs and then takes out one of Mariah’s earphones. “Hey, we have 5 hours in this car let’s be social.” Luhan says. Mariah nods and unplugs her headphones.

“What should we do? Listen to music? I can hook my phone into the Bluetooth.” Mariah says and Luhan nods. Mariah then hooks it to the Bluetooth and Luv by Apink comes on.

Luhan and Mariah both start singing to it. Luhan can hear Mariah’s soft voice over the music. He cannot help but smile as he is singing.  Mariah turns and sees Luhan singing and she also smiles.

The next song that comes on is Love is you by Starship Planet. Mariah looks at Luhan as the song comes on and all goes silent. Mariah changes the song to Step by KARA. Mariah starts to sing again and Luhan just listens.


For the next 3 hours Luhan and Mariah listen and sing to songs. Luhan and Mariah are not as awkward in the car now as they have actually started to have a conversation with one another. Luhan had been telling a story about how when Kai was little he used to fall over almost anything.

“Omg! Is he that clumsy?” Mariah asks.

“Yeah which is the funny part because my nickname is Bambi, and his is playboy, because he hits on all the girls at our school.” Luhan says laughing.

Mariah smiled as she saw how happy Luhan was. She saw how he was more talkative to her. After that day at the park her view on him changed drastically, she new a friendship would be built here.

After another 2 hours they finally arrived in Busan. Luhan drove around for a bit.

“So you pick what we do first Mariah.” Luhan says.

“Can we eat first? I am starving” Mariah exaggerates making Luhan laugh.

“Alright I know a really good Korean BBQ place that you will love.” Luhan says.

They drive to the place which was 5 minutes from where they were at. Luhan hops out and comes around and opens the door for Mariah.

“Thank you Luhan.” Mariah says and they walk into the restaurant.

Luhan and Mariah sit down and order their food.

“So have you been to Busan before?” Luhan asks.

“Yeah my dad and I came from here, I am a Busan local.” Mariah says.

Luhan nods. “Ah, that makes sense how you knew so much about this place.” Luhan says.

“Now I know why you are called Bambi.” Mariah says and laughs.

“Do you have nickname?” Luhan asks.

“Yeah my nickname is Kitty, because I have a low tolerance for people who are rude, annoying or disrespectful to me.” Mariah says.

Luhan nods in understandment. “Oh then I best not get on your bad side.”

Mariah nods and laughs. The food comes and the waiter cooks the meat for them. Luhan and Mariah dig in and make their food. Luhan wraps some meat and paste into a lettuce leaf and holds it out for Mariah.

“Say ah” Luhan says looking at Mariah. Mariah opens and Luhan plops the food in . Mariah eats it and smiles.

“That was yummy, thank you.” Mariah says. She makes one for Luhan and pops it into his mouth.

Luhan and Mariah finish their food and Luhan offers to pay for Mariah. They walk out.

“Um we will have to stay here overnight so we will need a hotel room.” Luhan says. Mariah nods.

“Okay… well let’s figure that out later and go sightseeing for now.” Mariah grabs Luhan’s arm and drags him somewhere.

“This is the Busan Park!” Mariah announces. Luhan laughs at her silliness.

“Thank you kind sir.” Luhan says and bows.

Mariah frowns. “I am a mam so don’t call me sir.” Mariah huffs and walks away.

“Hey! Wait for me.” Luhan shouts and runs after her. Mariah shows Luhan around the Park. They see all the different things happening. People holding mini concerts, groups of kids playing around having fun.

“So you come here a lot I guess?” Luhan asks making Mariah nod.

“Yeah I love to come here; my dad actually took me here when I was a kid. Well to be honest I was born in Australia but I am Korean in blood to and my dad came here for a job so I am also Australian.”

Luhan nods. “Wow that’s awesome.”

Mariah and Luhan then walk to a place near the park. It was quiet and it had a nice place to sit. Mariah dragged Luhan down and they sat there.

“I came here when I wanted to think about things. And this place holds a lot of memories.” Mariah says and sighs.

“What kind of memories?” Luhan says.

“My mother… she died here, well she had a liver infection and she then becomes really sick, and we went here for a picnic and she just…. Died.” Mariah says tears in her eyes.

Luhan softens and moves over to hug her. Mariah hugs back and lays her head on his chest. Luhan looks down and notices Mariah’s lips. Mariah looks up and notices Luhan looking.

Mariah looks at Luhan’s lips now and then the gap between them closes. Their lips connect. Luhan kisses Mariah and Mariah kisses back. Luhan realises what is happening so he moves away.

“I am sorry for that!” Luhan says quickly. Mariah looks at him shocked.

“Don’t be sorry… I liked it.” Mariah says.

Luhan sighs. “I am sorry Mariah it cannot happen I am not ready.”

Mariah blinks at Luhan. “You didn’t care about the other things…” Mariah glares and runs away.

“MARIAH!” Luhan yells but Mariah is already gone. Luhan sighs. “What have I done now, she must think I am a terrible person, but it doesn’t feel right.” Luhan says and stays there for a moment.

Mariah stops when she is out of the park. “He is such a player! I cannot believe I thought we would be something.” Mariah huffs tears still in her eyes. Mariah decides to sit down somewhere. She takes out her phone and texts someone.

“Hey Kris, I miss you so much, if you reply to this do it quickly.” Mariah sends the text. A moment later a beep sound comes from her phone.

“Hey Mariah! I replied for you! Now why am I messaging you? Jokes girl I miss yah.”

Mariah texts her friend back. “Cause, I live with one of my dad’s friends and their son is such a jerk! His girlfriend died 5 years ago. I am trying to help him open up his heart, but now I think I am falling for him. But the hardest thing is we kissed but after he told me he is sorry and then I ran away.” Mariah sends the text.

Mariah waits a bit before a text comes her way. “Oh, don’t give up on him, his heart has already started to open to you, just believe he can do it and you will succeed, now I have to go so be careful and goodbye.”

Mariah gets up and turns around to see Luhan standing in front of her.

“Mariah… please don’t run away from me again.” Luhan says and hugs her.

Mariah hugs back. “I am sorry I just was upset and I just want to help you.”

“You are and thank you for that.” Luhan says and pulls away so he can look at Mariah.

“Now I am going to do something that may or may not help but I hope it does.” Luhan says and kisses Mariah.

Mariah is surprised but kisses back. Luhan then pulls away. “I am willing to let you open my heart, but only if you become my girlfriend to do that?” Luhan says.

Mariah nods. “I will do that Luhan.” Mariah kisses back smiling.