First Meeting

Let me into your heart

“Luhan you won the game hurry up let’s leave I am hungry and we have to be home soon anyway.” Kai complains to Luhan who is playing a racing game.

Luhan and Kai were at the game Centre. Kai was waiting for Luhan to stop playing. Luhan had been playing non-stop for about 30 minutes now and they had to go back to Luhan’s soon. Kai sighs and grabs his friend and drags him away from the computer and outside. Kai stops and let’s go of Luhan.

“I was about to win again dude!” Luhan exclaims and Kai shrugs.

“We have to go eat before we need to be home you nob and I don’t really want to spend that time in here.” Kai says.

“Okay then we will go eat; you are so annoying sometimes Playboy.” Luhan says and chucks his arm around Kai’s neck and walk off towards the food.

Kai and Luhan reach a Korean BBQ and walk in. They order their food and wait.

“Hey! We start school again dude! Ready for another year of girls and parties?” Kai says.

“Kai I am not going to go anywhere near those human beings, they are just not my type.” Luhan says sounding like he wasn’t even the slightest interested.

“You need to start liking girls again, you cannot be scared of them your whole life man.” Kai says.

“Girls are nothing but trouble, they will leave you, disappear or they are taken from you…” Luhan says.

Kai looks to his friend who diverts his attention. “Ah let’s eat shall we?” Luhan says trying to change the subject.

Kai sighs again. “Yeah let’s eat.” Kai says and thinks to himself.

“I wish he would finally get over Ashley, I know she was the love of his life, but if he keeps her in his past he will never move on. I just want someone to come into his life and change his view on girls and let someone in who will melt his cold heart.” Kai says to himself.

Kai and Luhan’s food comes and in a matter of seconds it has all disappeared.

“Whoa! I am so full I might explode!” Luhan exclaims laughing his head off.

“Same dude! Like we should get home before we become the menu.” Kai says laughing.

Luhan pays for the food and the two guys head out. They turn and walk off back to Luhan’s house.

Luhan and Kai turn a corner when Luhan bumps into someone. The person falls over books flying everywhere.

Luhan scoffs. “Watch out where you are going!” Luhan says.

The girl looks up and grabs her books in the process. “I am sorry, I was in a rush.” The girl says but Luhan just pushes past her knocking the books out of her hand again.

The girl sighs and bends down to pick her books up again. Kai also bends down and picks them up as well and hands the remaining to her.

“Thank you for helping me, your friend is very…” The girl says but is stopped by Kai.

“My friend is just very moody; please do not mind his behaviour. I am Kai by the way, I might see you around.” Kai says.

“I am Mariah, thank you Kai and I might see you around, I go to Seoul High, or I am going to, my dad and I am staying at his friend’s house.” Mariah says.

“Okay, well nice meeting you Mariah I have to go and meet up with my friend so goodbye.” Kai says and runs off to catch up with Luhan

Mariah also walks off to meet her dad. Kai reaches Luhan who is mumbling to himself.

“Dude I cannot believe you did that.” Kai says to Luhan.

“She was in my way and she crashed into me.” Luhan says.

“When will you ever let someone in?” Kai says and walks ahead of Luhan.

Luhan watches his friend walk past him and he sighs. “I can never let anyone in… my heart is not whole or ready for another love…” Luhan says to himself and follows behind Kai.

Luhan and Kai get back to Luhan’s house. Luhan lives in a Mansion but he is not actually that rich, he just has parents whose jobs pay well. Luhan and Kai walk into the house and Luhan sees his parents talking in the lounge room.

Luhan and Kai walk in and see his parents and another man and a girl. Luhan’s mother turns her head and smiles.

“Boys! You are home; I want you to come meet your father’s friend and his daughter.” Luhan’s mother says.

Luhan and Kai walk over and look to the girl sitting next to her father. Luhan and Kai both notice that the girl is none other than Mariah. Kai looks to Luhan who looks away.

“I am going upstairs.” Luhan says and walks away. Kai watches his friend leave but stays.

“I am sorry about my son, he must not be in a good mood.” Luhan’s father says.

“It’s alright he might be better in the morning.” Mariah’s father says.

Kai walks over and sits down. “Kai this is Mariah and her father Donghae.” Luhan’s mother says to Kai.

“I have seen Mariah….” Kai says but is stopped by Mariah.

“I go to the same school as Kai, I see him at school.” Mariah says making all the adults smile.

“Then you guys can catch the bus together!” Mariah’s father says looking at his daughter.

Kai and Mariah both look at each other. “I don’t think Mariah would like to hang out with us I mean…” Kai says but stops. He sees all the parents looking at him.

“I need to go check on Luhan.” Kai says and disappears.

The parents continue talking as Mariah goes to find her room. Mariah finds her room and places her stuff inside. She looks at her surroundings and sees a room opposite her. She looks inside and sees Kai and Luhan talking.

“That must be Luhan’s room then. I have to be opposite him… great this is probably going to not end well.” Mariah said and goes back into the room and unpacks her things. 


The next day Mariah woke up early and decided to go for a run. She put on her running clothes and headed out of her room to bump into Kai.

“Oh hello Kai, I didn’t think anyone was awake this early.” Mariah said.

“I was going for a shower, where are you headed?” Kai asks.

“I am off for a run, I do this most mornings.” Mariah says.

Kai runs his eyes down and looks at Mariah’s body. He looks back to her and smiles.

“Care if I join?” Kai smiles and Mariah smirks. “You can at your own risk.” Mariah says.

“Meet me outside in 5.” Mariah says and walks outside.

 

“WAIT FOR ME!” Mariah says as she runs after Kai. Kai was in front of Mariah and stops.

“Hurry up! I thought you said I come at my own risk, seems more like your risk.” Kai says laughing.

Mariah stops and catches her breath. “I’m sorry I did not know you were that fast.” Mariah says taking a deep breath.

Kai laughs. “You need to exercise more Mariah.” Kai says.

Mariah looks at Kai and blinks.

“I am on the track and field team man! I should be saying that to you” Mariah exclaims.

Kai nods. “Are you now?” He teases. Mariah sighs.

“We should do this every morning, you up for that?” Mariah says and looks at Kai.

“Yeah, every morning 5 o’clock we meet at the gate.” Kai says.

“Sounds like a plan. Want to go get breakfast then?” Mariah says.

“Yeah that running made me want to eat. Kai says. They both head towards a café.


 

After Kai and Mariah get breakfast they raced back to the house. This time Mariah won. They walk inside and see everyone awake.

“I see you two were out, did you two go for a run?” Mariah’s father asks.

“Yeah dad, we went to get breakfast as well, so don’t worry about us.” Mariah says and her and Kai walk away.

“Well I am going to go for a shower.” Mariah says.

“Okay well I shall have one after you.” Kai says and walks into Luhan’s room.

Mariah goes to grab her clothes and goes into the shower. After 10 minutes Mariah hops out and dries herself off and slips into a pair of high waisted shorts with floral print. She pops on a white singlet and pops on a Varsity jacket with the nickname Kitty written on the back.

Mariah comes out and lets Kai into the bathroom and walks to her room while drying her hair. She wacks someone and she look up to see Luhan. “Oh I am sorry Luhan Oppa.” Mariah says.

“Go away” Luhan says and walks past her. Mariah sighs “Why is he such a jerk.” Mariah says and goes into her room. Luhan stops and leans against the wall.

“Why is she always near me… why am I getting this feeling? Ugh must be me getting sick.” Luhan says and goes to the kitchen.

Mariah straightens her hair before heading out to where everyone is gathered. Kai is there with his towel around his neck and Luhan next to him. Mariah sits next to her father.

“Well I am going to take Mariah’s father out on a day exploration so you two can take Mariah out and spend the day with her alright?” Luhan’s mother says and Luhan stares at his mother.

“I am not hanging with her she would probably get lost.” Luhan says and walks away.

“Don’t worry Mariah I will spend the day with you, Luhan can be a loner all day.” Kai says to Mariah.

Mariah nods and Kai walks outside with her. Luhan’s mother and father take Mariah’s father out in the car as Kai and Mariah walk.