The start of something

Let me into your heart

Luhan and Mariah head to a hotel. For some reason now it was awkward even after Luhan’s confession, Mariah didn’t want to look at Luhan. Luhan didn’t look to Mariah either which made things even more awkward.

Mariah plugs in her headphones and puts on music. Luhan continues driving. He was wondering why he even confessed… he did not even know why it was like spur of the moment. He thought it would be a good thing and now he regrets it instantly. He did not want to say anything to her in case she was still a bit touchy.

“Mariah’s phone rings. She took out her earphones and placed her phone next to her ear.

  • Phone call -  

“Hey Kris!” Mariah says excitedly.

“Hello Kitty.” Kris says teasingly.

“May I ask why you are calling me? Aren’t you busy?” Mariah says.

“I was about 1 hour ago you idiot.” Kris says.

“Oh… the time must have gone so quickly after I messaged you.” Mariah says.

“Well I wanted to ring to say I am in Seoul tomorrow, would you like to hang out?” Kris says.

“OMG YOU ARE ACTUALLY IN KOREA?!” Mariah asks almost yelling.

“Yeah! I had to travel from Australia to Japan and then to South Korea, I might be living there too.” Kris says.

“OMG you need to live here! I would be so happy.” Mariah says happily.

“Then I might need to, but I’ll have to see, anyway I will let you go, are you with Luhan?” Kris asks.

“Yeah he is, but ill message you okay?” Mariah asks.

‘Yep, alrighty then bye Kitty, I love yah bestie.” Kris says.

“Yeah, I love you too Wu Yi Fan.” Mariah giggles.

“Hey! No calling me by my real name.” Kris says sternly.

“Alright bye.” Mariah laughs and hangs up.

  • End of phone call -

 

While Mariah was in the phone call with Kris Luhan had been listening the whole time. He felt his blood boil as he heard Mariah saying Kris should come live in Seoul. Luhan did not want that. He felt jealous for some reason.

“So who was that?” Luhan asks. Mariah turns to Luhan.

“Oh, Kris is my best friend from Australia. He was born in Canada.” Mariah says.

“Oh alright…” Luhan says and continues driving.

Mariah sighs. “He must be angry or something because he is so quiet.” Mariah thought to herself.

After 5 minutes they arrive at a hotel. Luhan turns off the car and walks into the building leaving Mariah to walk in by herself.

Luhan pays for a room and he grabs the key and walks to their room. They open the door and the see one bed and another door. Mariah goes to the door and sees another bed inside.

“Okay so I will take the bed here and you can take the bed inside there.” Mariah says.

Luhan frowns. “I will take this one outside so you take the one in there.” Luhan says and pushes Mariah into the room.

Mariah sighs. “Oh alright then.” Mariah says to herself. Luhan is on the other side. He sighs as he leans against the door.

“Why do you make things so hard…?” Luhan says to himself. He then goes for a walk outside.

Mariah decides to go for a shower. She realises she only has one pair of clothes. She then walks out of the room.

“Luhan where are you?” Mariah says looking around. She gets no response so she looks outside.

“Where could he be… his car is here so he must have gone for a walk.” Mariah says. She sees the room key is on the table so she grabs it and walks outside.

Mariah sees how much money she has. “I only have $2o dollars; I might be able to go to the shops now.” Mariah says.

She looks at her watch. “Crap! It’s like 7 o’clock they won’t be open now. I will just go and get food; I saw a café just down the road.”

Mariah starts to walk down the street towards the café. Mariah arrives at the café and walks inside. She orders a quick coffee. After she walks outside and a drunken man walks towards her.

“Hey you! Young lady! I want you to come here!” The man says stumbling.

“Please go away!” Mariah yells and tries to walk away.

“Come here!” The man grabs Mariah’s arm.

“Let me go!” Mariah screams.

“No come here!” The man says holding tighter onto Mariah’s arm.

“Let her go!” A voice says from behind Mariah.

“Go away young man” The man says.

“Let her go!” the voice says and yanks Mariah away from the man.

“RUN” the guy says and Mariah runs off with the guy. After a moment they stop and Mariah looks up to see Luhan.

“Omg thank you!” Mariah says and hugs Luhan. Luhan hugs back tightly.

“Are you okay? Did he hurt you?” Luhan asks.

“No just bruised my arm.” Mariah says.

Luhan then grabs her hand and takes Mariah back to the Hotel.

“I don’t have any other clothes to sleep in.” Mariah says embarrassed.

“Me either, we will both have to just sleep in our clothes.” Luhan says rubbing his nape.

“I should go to sleep then, goodnight Luhan.” Mariah says and is about to turn away.

“Wait…” Luhan says grabbing her hand. “I am sorry about today Mariah.” Luhan says.

“It is okay Luhan I was a bit annoyed at myself, will we even work? Cause if you are still not able to open your heart now we should just break up.” Mariah says.

Luhan sighs. “I will be honest I regret saying you to be my girlfriend. But I think if we don’t then it will be easier for you to help me.” Luhan says.

“Mariah stares at Luhan. “Luhan, I want to help you but wouldn’t it be better if we did not date, because it would end up badly if we dated now.” Mariah says.

“I guess but I feel as if I need you.” Luhan says. He then moves closer to Mariah and kisses her. Mariah kisses back. Luhan then breaks away.

“I will let you decide overnight since it’s late. Goodnight Mariah.” Luhan kisses Mariah again before going to bed. Mariah walks into the room and also lies in bed.

After about 10 minutes Mariah is still in bed wide awake. “This is too hard for me… I wish I could think and figure what to do.” Mariah sighs. Mariah gets up and opens the door. She sees Luhan asleep so she walks to the door and goes outside.

Luhan who was actually awake heard Mariah and turned to see her walk outside.

“I guess she couldn’t sleep. This is hard on her, I feel like I made a bad decision now.” Luhan sighs and falls asleep.

Mariah walks to the park near the hotel. She breathes in the nice air surrounding the sky. She felt a chill on her back making her shiver. She reaches the Park and sits down on the swing the wind making the seat move. She smiles as the night sky looks so pretty.

“I wish it was like this all night.” Luhan says.

Mariah looks up and sees Luhan. “You were awake?” Mariah asks.

Luhan nods and notices Mariah shivering so he places his jacket over her shoulder.

“Thank you.” She smiles. Luhan sits on the swing next to her. “So couldn’t sleep?” Luhan asks.

“No… I wish I could but this thing is stressing me out. I do not know if I should say we need to break up or if we being together will help.” Mariah says.

“I am willing to stay with you and let you open my heart, I think I need to finally open my heart after 5 years… it might hurt but I need to let go of my past.” Luhan says.

“I guess I can do that, I mean it could not harm anyone. Alright let’s try it.” Mariah says.

“Im glad then, can we go back now it’s cold.” Luhan complains.

“Then you shouldn’t have given me your jacket. Mariah exclaims.

“Okay, sorry I won’t next time, now come on.” Luhan says and stands up holding out his hand.

Mariah smiles and takes his hand standing up. “Let’s go back.” Mariah says and the two head back to the Hotel.

When they get back Luhan kisses Mariah again. Mariah kisses back smiling. “I hope we can make this work.”

“Me to cause I really would like to know more about you.” Luhan chuckles and hugs Mariah.

Mariah nods and hugs back. “Goodnight Luhan.” Mariah says and heads into her room. Luhan lies in the bed and finally falls asleep. Mariah lays on her bed a smile climbing onto her lips. She then closes her eyes and drifts off to sleep.


The next morning Mariah woke up at 7 this time a smile on her face as she looks around the room. She stands up and smells food so she walks out and sees Luhan with breakfast laid out on the table.

“Good morning” Luhan smiles and runs over to Mariah. He grabs her hand and drags her to the table. “Now let’s eat.” Luhan sits next to Mariah.

“You bought this stuff?” Mariah asks.

“Mhm, I woke up at 6 and went to that café.” Luhan says digging into his food.

Mariah and Luhan eat all the food in 10 minutes. “I enjoyed that a lot.” Mariah says smiling.

“So did I” Luhan smiles and checks the time, “It’s 7:10 want to leave or sightsee more?” Luhan asks.

“Go back, I need to meet up with Kris today so I want to be able to get home quickly and shower. Mariah says.

“Oh yeah that’s right, well you go take the key back and I will start the car.” Luhan says and Mariah locks the door and runs out to the office. Luhan then starts the car. Mariah comes out and hops in the car.

“Okay onwards” Mariah says excitedly. Luhan then drives off.

After 5 hours they finally arrive at Luhan’s house. Mariah hops out and sees her dad waiting.

“DAD!” Mariah yells jumping onto her father as she hops out.

“Hello my baby girl, I missed you, did you enjoy the trip?” Mariah’s father asks her.

“I did a lot. DAD Kris is coming to Seoul.” Mariah exclaims.

Her father laughs. “You miss you friend a lot don’t you?” He laughs.

“Yes! Have not seen him in like 7 years he must be so handsome by now.” Mariah says.

“Probably but anything else special happen? Her father asks winking at her.

“Aye daddy! I will tell you later.” Mariah laughs and runs inside. “GOING FOR A SHOWER!” She yells while running inside.

Luhan laughs at her silliness and walks inside to find Kai on his bed.

“You mischief maker” Luhan says jumping onto his friend.

“Well I did a good thing did I not?” Kai asks.

“Fine I will admit you did, but It does not mean you repeat this to mother.” Luhan says sternly.

“Yes sir.” Kai says making a salute sign.

“Good, now how was your lonely night?” Luhan asks.

“I played games and flirted with this girl that goes to our school.” Kai says while winking.

“Kai you really need to either get a girlfriend or stop flirting with random chicks.” Luhan says.

“No I am good with flirting, you have a girlfriend now.” Kai says.

“I am actually glad that Mariah is helping me to open my heart, I think it’s time to let go of Ashley.” Luhan says.

“Good job buddy.” Kai pats Luhan’s back.

Luhan smiles and thinks about what happened last night.