Will you let me help?

Let me into your heart

Kai and Mariah head towards the bus stop that’s not too far from the house.

“Where will we go first Kai? I am not very well known with the area.” Mariah says.

“We will head to Gangnam, it is really good there and a lot of places there are good site seeing attractions for newcomers.” Kai says as he puts two thumbs up.

Mariah nods and fixes up her jacket. “By the way are you able to let me in on why Luhan is so stubborn and rude?” Mariah says.

Kai looks to Mariah and hesitates before answering her. “He just doesn’t have a good view on girls; I just want to say Mariah that I cannot tell you the exact reason as to why he acts the way he does. Mariah when it is time I will tell you why, but for now just do what you can to warm Luhan’s heart please.” Kai says.

Mariah blinks and stares at Kai confused as to the sudden question. Kai just ignored Mariah and continued to walk to the bus stop.

“Mariah, are you familiar with Korean art?” Kai says.

Mariah nods and a smile forms on her face. “Yes! I actually know a huge deal about Korean Art. I went to a museum in Busan, and my father had shown me this painting which had a really cool pattern on a chair which was transformed into a point of view.” Mariah says.

Kai stares at Mariah. “Wow that is really interesting, I have never gone to Busan, I usually travel to Gangnam.” Kai says.

Mariah and Kai arrive to the bus stop, about 4 people were standing and sitting next to the bus stop. Kai grabs out his card.

“I will pay using my card so you just have to pay me back.” Kai says winking,

“Ugh, I am not going to enjoy living here, wait do you live at Luhan’s?” Mariah asks.

“No, well I ran away from home so I would say I do live with him but my brother lives near here and he is the only one I really trust.” Kai says.

Mariah softens and sighs. “I am sorry for that; at least you are able to have such a good best friend like him.” Mariah says.

“Anyway the bus is about to arrive so follow me.” Kai says and Mariah stands behind Kai.

They board the bus and Kai pays for both himself and Mariah. They walk to the back of the bus and sit next to the window. Kai places his wallet away in his pocket and the bus takes off.

After about 30 minutes Mariah and Kai hop off the bus. Mariah’s face brightens up.

“This is so awesome, Gangnam is beautiful!” Mariah says. Kai also looks around and smiles.

“Yeah this is a really good place to visit, now come on!” Kai says and drags Mariah somewhere.

Kai stops in front of a building with about 5 storeys. He looks at Mariah again.

“Now this place is an art exhibition so I hope you enjoy it.”

Kai motions for Mariah to walk in. Mariah does as she is motioned to do and walks inside. She looks around and all the walls are bright and spotted. She is given some pamphlets and so is Kai. Kai grabs Mariah’s arm and drags her out of the swarm of people around the entrance.

Kai lets go and starts to walks around the first floor exhibition. Mariah takes her time and views all the pictures in detail. Mariah goes past the second painting when she looks up to see Kai is not there. Mariah turns around 19o degrees before sighing.

“Where did Kai go? Did he travel to the second floor? I should go check.” Mariah says and walks around till she reaches the stairs leading to the second floor.

She then walked up the stairs before slumping onto the stairs. She completely forgot to bring her asthma puffer. Mariah sat there trying to keep her breathing under control. She hears footsteps and looks up to see Kai. Kai quickly runs down and bends next to Mariah.

“Are you okay Mariah?” Kai asks worriedly.

“I n-n-n need my puffer, I have asthma.” Mariah says.

Kai picks Mariah up bridal style and walks down to the first level. Kai walks out of the building and turns to go towards the chemist.

“Am I too heavy?” Mariah asks. Kai just shakes his head and continues walking. After about 1 minute they arrive at the chemist. Kai then walks in and goes straight to the desk.

Mariah listens as Kai gets her a asthma puffer. She takes it after and puffs it in .

“Thank you Kai for that, I am able to go back now.” Mariah says.

“I don’t think we will now, I’ll show you other places.” Kai says and puts Mariah down and walks outside.


Kai and Mariah spend the rest of the day sightseeing and shopping. At about 4 Mariah and Kai arrive back at Luhan’s place. The parents are now back so Kai and Mariah walk in.

When they get inside all the parents and Luhan are sitting down. Luhan looks up and sees Kai and Mariah standing there.

“Mariah, Kai you two are back! Just in time, Luhan I need you to go out and spend time with Kai and Mariah please.” Luhan’s mother says looking at Luhan. Luhan’s eyes widen.

“Why do I have to hang out with her? Can’t Mariah just hang with Kai and I stay?” Luhan exclaims. Luhan’s parents look at Luhan with disapproval.

“Luhan! Stop treating our guest like that! Use some respect in this house!” Luhan’s mother shouts.

Everyone in the room becomes quiet. Luhan stares at his parents not saying a single word.

Mariah steps up. “I am sorry for being a nuisance…” Mariah says and runs out of the house.

Everyone stops and stares at Mariah who had just ran out. Luhan’s father stands up.

“Luhan! I know you have had hard times with girls, but that does not mean you treat her with less respect! I am appalled that you have done this and they have only been here a night, now go and make things right!” His father says and walks away.

Luhan sighs before walking out.


Mariah had run out to a park not too far from Luhan’s house. She sat on a swing and felt her eyes watering. She wipes her tears and stares at the ground.

“Why is he being like this… I just want to know why he is so against me being there and why he acts like I am a terrible person.” Mariah says.

“Because I hate girls…”

Mariah looks up to see Luhan standing in front of her. He has his hands in his pockets.

“Why do you hate girls so much?” Mariah says tears still in her eyes.

Luhan sighs and sits next to her. “I lost my girlfriend 5 years ago from a car crash.” Luhan says looking to the ground.

Mariah’s eyes widen as she looks to Luhan. “Omg…. Luhan I am so sorry for your loss.” Mariah says as she feels her heart break for Luhan.

“I thought if I was mean to girls they would all keep their distance, and then I would never have to live with the pain of most likely losing someone again.” Luhan says.

“Luhan… just because you have lost someone important, does not mean it will happen again and that you need to act cold towards girls.” Mariah says.

Luhan sighs. “It seems like a good way to act, then I would not have to live everyday worried I might lose another girl again after I have let another person into my heart.” Luhan says.

Mariah stands up. “Then you need to let someone, it might be hard for you but if you try then you may succeed. I for one want you to be able to open up your heart and forget the sadness you have kept bottled up.”

Luhan stands up also. “I don’t think I can, I have blocked all girls away for 5 years, if I start now I don’t think I can let another one into my heart.” Luhan says.

“Then start with being friends with someone, for example me.” Mariah says.

Luhan looks to Mariah hesitantly. “You? I don’t know… friends….”

“Luhan, just trust me and let me help you open up your heart.” Mariah says.

Luhan stares at Mariah trying to figure her out. Luhan than moves forward and nods.

“I will let you try…” Luhan says with courage. Mariah smiles and nods also.

“Come on let’s go back to the house.” Mariah says smiling. Luhan follows her out of the Park.

The two arrive at a crossing. The light is red so they stop and watch the traffic go past. Mariah doesn’t look so she crosses the road. Luhan sees a car coming towards her.

“MARIAH!” Luhan says and runs towards Mariah. He grabs her wrist and yanks her off the road.

Mariah bumps into Luhan’s chest and her face collides into him. Luhan is hugging Mariah as they are back on the footpath.

Both Mariah and Luhan look to each other. Luhan stares into Mariah’s eyes and feels his heart beating.

Mariah sees him staring but doesn’t look away. Both Mariah and Luhan realise and step back.

“Mariah! Please don’t do that! You could have been killed.” Luhan says panic in his voice.

Mariah nods still shaking and they cross the crossing this time safely.