Chapter 9

Best Friends or Something More?

Chorong POV

Where am I? Who’s talking? Is that Bomi’s voice?

“…Although I can’t live without you I’m going to try. I don’t want to burden you anymore. Unnie I love you so much.”

I love you too Bomi. Don’t leave me. I felt her kissing my forehead. It feels so great feeling her lips.

“Bbom-ah…stay. Stay in my life please,” I said trying to get every words out

“unnie? Are you awake? How are you feeling?” she asked worriedly

“I’m fine, thanks for bringing me here,” I said tightening my grip on her hand, afraid that she might get up and leave. There was some silence between us for a bit.

“the doctor said that once you’re ready you could go home,” Bomi said

“oh okay. Will you take me home?” I asked

“r..really?” Bomi asked looking shocked

“why do you sound so shocked?”

“no reason!” Bomi said. She helped me up and held onto me the whole time as we made our way to the front desk. My heart was pounding wildly again. Having Bomi beside me feels like a dream. A dream that I never want to wake up from. The car ride was quiet. We didn’t know what to say to each other. When we finally arrived at the dorm the others weren’t back yet, which I was happy. I can talk to Bomi alone now.

“uhh well bye,” Bomi said turning to leave

“where are you going?”

“home?” Bomi said, but came out as a question

“stay. Please? My head still hurts, I need someone to take care of me.” I lied

“it still hurts? Do you want some more painkillers?” she said trying to find some pills

“no, Bbom-ah come here” I said gesturing her to sit next to me. She came and sat on the couch, but kept her distance.

“aiish pabo. Come closer,” I said, but she just stayed there. So I scooted closer to her and grabbed her hand.There goes my heart again.

“let’s talk, I’ve been waiting for 4 months to talk to you,” I said

“why? You said you hate me and wanted me out of your life and that’s what I did,” she said and I can tell by her tone that she’s getting mad.

“Bbom-ah, I was drunk. I was mad, sad, and jealous. Everything just came out. I’m sorry. I really, honest to god, didn't mean those words I said.”

“why were you mad, sad, and jealous? Why were you drunk that day? What happened?” she asked. I didn’t have an answer. What am I supposed to say? I’m too scared to confess how I really feel.

“have you ever been in love with someone, but you know that they don’t feel the same way? Doesn’t it hurt you when you see them with other people? You try to give them clues about how you feel, but they're so oblivious to it. That’s what happened to me. That’s why I got drunk that night,” I said hoping that she might catch on.

“unnie you were in love with someone? Why didn’t you tell me? Who is this person?” she asked. Aiish PaboBomi didn’t catch on.

“it doesn’t matter. What matter is I was wrong. I didn’t waste 15 years of my life. That 15 years has been the best years of my life. I don’t hate you nor will I ever. I love you Bomi. I love you so much. You’re my best friend and I never want to lose you. For the past 4 months I felt so lost. My other half was gone, I couldn't truly smile. I always had to fake smile, which I hate.”

“do you hate being around me and me touching you?” she asked with her head down

“no of course not. I love being around you. Just being near you my mood is lifted up right away. If it was possible, I want you to be by my side 24/7. I don’t mind your touches either. I miss your hugs, I miss how you would hold my hands. I miss the little kisses you would give me.”

“then why did you tell me not to do anymore skinship?”

“when the time comes I’ll tell you, okay?” I said. I was not ready to confess my feelings right then

“alright then…” That’s what I love about Bomi, she didn’t push me for answers. She knows that once I’m ready I’ll be able to tell her.

“so Bomi, can you please forgive me and be my best friend again?”

“hmmm I have to think about it,” she said turning away

“take all the time you need,” I said releasing my hand from hers

“unnie, I’m just kidding! Of course I’ll forgive you. How can I not? You’re the best big sister and friend anyone could ever have. I’d be stupid if I don’t forgive you!” she said and then attacking me with a hug and kissed me on the cheeks.

“wow finally!” Eunji said as she walked in the door

“yay Bomi unnie is back!” Hayoung said running to hug the both of us

“have you guys ate yet? Let’s go get dinner, I’ll treat.” Bomi said earning a cheer from them.

Bomi also invited that girl that we saw last time. I really wonder if they’re dating. We went to my favorite restaurant which was I was happy about. Although I still can’t help feeling jealous and think who is this Annie. What is she to Bomi? I really hope that they’re not going out, but from their actions it feels like it. The way they finish each other sentences. How they have inside jokes of their own. Also how they’d always feed each other. No I’m not going to lose Bomi again.

“Bbom-ah, I want to try some,” I said making her feed me, which she happily did.

Annie started to get more touchy with Bomi after that. I was starting to get mad. She would cling onto Bomi's arm or play with her fingers. In the middle of eating Bomi had some food on the corner of her lips. I was about to help her wiped it away, but Annie leaned in and wiped it off with a kiss. I couldn't take it anymore so i excused myself to the restroom. Once i got there i just stared at the mirror thinking what is wrong with me. I finally have Bomi back in my life and I don't want to lose her again. This is all my fault, if I didn't say those things Bomi would have never went on the flight early and met Annie. I felt myself starting to tear up, 'aiish. Qhat's wrong with you? Why are you tearing up over this?' I said hitting myself in the head. When I went out of the restroom I looked over to our table and noticed that Bomi was gone. I started walking faster when suddenly I felt a pair of arms around my waist.

"unnie!" Bomi said hugging me tighter

"yah what are you doing?" I asked

"I waited outside the restroom so I could scare you, but you took too long. Are you okay? Did you cry in there?" Bomi asked looking at my eyes

"I'm fine, don't worry!" I said giving her a smile

"unnie, come on. What's wrong?" Bomi asked putting her hand on my cheeks

"they're tears of joy, arrasso? I'm just really happy that you're back in my life"

"ahhh unnie, you're such a crybaby!" She said then pulled me back to our table.

After we finished eating we got up to go to the car, Annie came and linked arms with Bomi right away. What is she doing? Trying to steal my Bomi away?

“Bomi, let’s hurry to the car I don’t want the others to beat me to the passenger seat,” I said interlocking our fingers then pulled her forward causing her to let go of Annie. I smiled in victory.

“Bomi and Annie, where are you guys staying?” Eunji asked

“I’m staying in an apartment nearby and Annie is staying there with me for a month,” Bomi answered.

They’re going to be living together for a month?! It’s just a month. Not much things can happen in a month. I hope…

“so you’re really moving here?” Hayoung asked excitedly

“yup! Can’t easily get rid of me now,” Bomi said smiling, “alright since it’s getting late I’ll drop you guys off I can’t stay.”

“Bbom-ah…” I said quietly

“yes Chorong unnie?” it feels nice hearing Bomi say ‘Chorong unnie’.

“do you mind if I stay over your apartment tonight?”

“of course! I would love that!” she said then reached her hand over to hold onto mine. ‘Ha Annie,’ I thought to myself.  What am I thinking? I need to stop being jealous. Annie is a nice person; I shouldn’t hate her or try to drive her out of Bomi’s life. As long as they just stay friend and she doesn’t touch my Bomi a lot then I’m fine with her. We got to the dorm and I went up to pack my stuff,

“unnie, you should confess to Bomi unnie tonight,” Naeun said

“tonight?! I’m not ready. I just got her back in my life I don’t want to lose her again,” I said

“but unnie if you wait too long you might lose her to Annie unnie. I see the way she looks at Bomi unnie, it’s the way I look at Eunji unnie. It’s the way you look at Bomi unnie. I’m positive that she has feelings for her.”

“I’ll think about it,” I said then going back to the car.

We got to the apartment and I could tell it was definitely Bomi’s place. There were clothes on the floor and unwashed dishes.

“Bbom-ah! You’ve been here for only a week and look at this pigsty,” I said scolding her

“ahh unnie I’ve been busy!” Bomi whined

“hey this place only has one bedroom, what’s your sleeping arrangements?” I asked hoping that Annie sleeps on the floor and not the same bed as Bomi.

“I sleep on the same as Bomi,” Annie answered. Aiish. There goes my jealous feels again.

“so where do I sleep?” I asked looking around

“with me! On my bed,” Bomi said with a big smile. The thought of sleeping on the same bed as Bomi made me blush.

“wait, then where am I going to sleep?” Annie asked

“the couch,” Bomi said with her puppy dog eyes, “please”

“arrasso, anything for my BbomBbom,” Annie said then kissed Bomi on the cheek then went to the bathroom to take a shower.

Yup. I definitely don’t like Annie. Bomi said that they're not together, but why is Annie so touchy towards her? I really don't like it. This might sound selfish, but I was Bomi to be mine. Only mine. No one else can touch her. She's my Bomi. Bomi went to sit on the couch and watched some tv. I thought this was the perfect time to be alone next to Bomi. I went to sit next to her then rested my head on her shoulder. I feel like we’re an old married couple sitting in front of the tv cuddling each other. I can feel my face heating up at just the thought of that. 

Bomi POV

“unnie, Annie is done showering you can shower next.” I said

“arrasso,” she said getting up, “wanna join me?” then winked at me

“w-w-what?” I stuttered

“haha I’m just kidding Bbom-ah,” she said patting my head.

Omo. Why is it getting hot in here? I was so happy that Chorong unnie asked to stay over. Unnie has been acting really nice and friendly. That was the Chorong unnie I remembered and loved. I hope she stays like this and doesn’t avoid me. I don’t know if I can handle it again. Through the whole day my heart kept pounding rapidly whenever I’m with Chorong unnie. Man I must have really missed her. Annie came out of the bedroom with some blankets and a pillow.

“hey Bbom Bbom, can I ask you something?” Annie asked

“sure, what is it?”

“what’s your relationship with Chorong unnie?”

“she’s my best friend, we’ve known each other since we were 5.” I answered

“oh, do you have any feelings for her?”

“feelings? What kind of feelings?” I asked feeling confused

“feelings! Do you like her more than a friend?”

No one ever asked me this before. I wanted to say no, but it didn’t feel right saying no. Why does it feel so wrong to say that I have no feelings for Chorong unnie? 

“umm I don’t know, why?”

“no reason.” She said setting up her bed

After Chorong unnie came out of the shower I went in. When I came out and went into the bedroom I saw Chorong unnie just laying on the bed looking like she’s in a deep thought. I went to lay next to her and she scooted closer to me. When she did I felt my heart pounding. Why does my heart keep pounding so much? I’ve slept next to Chorong unnie before, what makes this time any different? Chorong unnie her side then wrapped her arms around me.

“Bbom-ah, I really missed you. I’m so sorry,” she said then snuggled into me

“Chorong unnie, you don’t have to apologize anymore. Let’s forget it, alright?”

“alright. Goodnight Bbom-ah, I love you.” She said then closed her eyes.

“I love you too Chorong unnie.” I said kissing her forehead.

How nice would it be if we could do this every night? What am I thinking? This is my best friend. Best friends don’t snuggle into each other’s arm and sleep together every night. Is it possible that I have feelings for Chorong unnie? She makes my heart flutter, but i thought it was just because she was really important to me. Is that why my heart has been pounding every time I’m around her? Am I falling for my best friend? After 15 years, why am I just realizing this now?


Thank you again for reading thie fanfic ^________^ ~shamlessly promoting my friend's fanfic~ go read "Change of Heart" by Asgaoplease. She was the one that threatened me to continue this fanfic LOL