Chapter 14

Best Friends or Something More?

Chorong POV

I kept rereading the letter over and over trying to see if I had misread it. Is it true? Could my Bomi be possibly playing with my feelings? In the 15 years I’ve known her, I never seen her willing to hurt someone on purpose. No matter how much someone hurt her, she wouldn’t get revenge. Then again no one has hurt her like I did. Is it possible that Bomi really does want to hurt me? I don’t know what to think. A part of me believes that Bomi would never do such a thing beause she really cares for her friends and family. Another part of me do believe it because once Bomi sets her mind to something she will do it till the end.

I got up from the bed and redid my make-up so Bomi wouldn’t notice that I had cried. I wanted to go out, but I was afraid that if I saw Bomi I would burst into tears. “Chorong unnie! I have a work emergency. I’m so sorry, but I’ll be back tonight. I promise!” Bomi shouted.

Okay that’s good. I need some time to think. I was about to go outside, but then there was a knock on my door.

“babe, can I get a kiss before I go?” Bomi asked like a kid.

I opened the door and kissed the person in front of me really quick thinking it was Bomi, but it was Eunji!

“Ahh! What the heck, unni?!” Eunji yelled then ran to Naeun

“I-I thought you were Bomi!” I looked out the door and saw Bomi was near the front door.

“Yah! Why are you there and not in front of my door? Why did Eunji knock on my door?”

“I can’t believe you unnie!” Bomi said laughing, “I was about to head out, but forgot about your kiss, so I told Eunji to knock on the door for me since I was here.”

At the same time Naeun was pretending to be mad while Eunji kept pointing her finger at us saying it’s our fault.

“hey unnie, what’s wrong? Have you been crying?” Bomi asked worriedly, placing her hand on my cheeks. I should have known that I could never hide anything from Bomi.

“I’m fine, I’ll tell you when you get back.” I said leaning in to kiss her.

“I’m way better than Eunji, right?” she said lightening up the mood and then she left. Once she left I burst into tears. Eunji and Naeun immediately came running to me.

“unnie! What’s wrong?” Eunji asked helping me to the couch.

I got up and went to my room to get the letter. I came out and handed them the letter. While they were reading it, I was lost in space. Would Bomi really do this to me? I know I hurt her bad, but it was unintentional.

“what the…” Naeun said

“would Bomi do this? Unnie, do you believe her?” Eunji asked

“I don’t know, it seems possible. Do you guys believe her?”

“Annie seems really nice, she was constantly by Bomi’s side for the past 4 months. It is possible that Bomi would do this, but at the same time Bomi seems like she really loves you.” Eunji said. Naeun wrapped her arms around me and hugged me really tightly.

“Naeun-ah, what do you think?” I asked

“I’m so sorry unnie! I should have told you this before, but last time when we saw Bomi unnie and Annie unnie at the restaurant, when they were leaving I ran after them, but I stopped when I heard Annie say ‘is she the one you wanted revenge on?’ and Bomi unnie nodded. I hurried back and wanted to tell you, but you said you fine so I assumed you weren’t going back to Bomi unnie.” Naeun explained.

I started crying even harder hearing that. So Bomi is trying to hurt me. How could she? All my feelings for her are real. I’ve never loved anyone as much as I love Bomi. How can she just play with me like that?

“I’ll be right back.” Eunji said suddenly, she grabbed the letter and then walked out the door.

Eunji POV

Yoon Bomi. You are so dead once I get my hands on you. After leaving the dorm I called a taxi to go to the advertising company. How can she looked me straight in the eyes and told me that she loved Chorong unnie, when she’s just getting her revenge. Ugh. I’m really going to kill her. She constantly hurt Chorong unnie and I’m tired of it. No one messes with my unnie.

Once I got to the building I ran up the stairs. Which was a bad idea…since her office was on the 5th floor. Once I reached her office, I barged in ignoring her secretary’s protests.

“YOON. BOMI.” I said coldly walking straight to her

“Eunji? What are you doing here? Why do you look like you’re going to kill someone?”

Once I was facing in front of her, I swung my arm and punched her in the face.

“WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!” Bomi said holding face

“what are you doing? Why are you playing with Chorong unnie’s feelings?” I said, feeling a bit calmed after punching her. I wanted to punch her more, but I thought I should at least give her a chance to explain.

“what are you talking about?!” Bomi said still holding her face; I can see tears in her eyes due to the pain. It almost made me feel guilty. ALMOST.

I shoved the letter into her hand. While she was reading I called the secretary telling her to get some ice. I watched Bomi as she was reading the letter. Her expression went from confusion to horrified.

“NO. NO. NO. Tell me Chorong unnie didn’t see this yet! PLEASE!”

“you’re a little too late. She read it while you were still in the dorm.”

“NO. This can’t be!” Bomi said bursting into tears

“is it true? Did you just want revenge? Do you really love Chorong unnie?” I said raising my fist ready to punch her again.

“of course not! Maybe at first, but not anymore! Where’s Chorong unnie? Is she in the dorm?” Bomi rushed to gather her things.

“YAH! WHAT DO YOU MEAN AT FIRST?!” I shouted punching her again.

“son of a ! Can you stop that!” Bomi said wiping the blood off her lips

“HOW CAN YOU TRY TO GET REVENGE ON CHORONG UNNIE LIKE THAT!” I raged, losing all of my sense.

“I WAS MAD! Do you know how much it hurts to hear your best friend of 15 years tell you that she hates you?!” Bomi cried out.

“you must be the stupidest person on earth. Yes she did say that, but we both know that she never meant any of it. I’m pretty sure at the time that she said it you knew deep down she didn’t mean it.”

“I was really hurt. I just wanted Chorong unnie to feel the same pain I felt.”

“don’t you think she felt that pain? I’m pretty sure she felt worse. She had to watch the love of her life walk out without even a fight. Did you know how she was for the past 4 months? She was smiley on camera, but off camera she was a mess! She wouldn’t eat or sleep. We had to force her! Every night one of us had to stay with her because we were afraid that she might hurt herself.” I said starting to tear up at how Chorong unnie was.

Bomi dropped to her knees, “I’m sorry Eunji-ah. I did wanted revenge at first, but not anymore. I really do love Chorong unnie. She’s the most important person in my life. I-I don’t want to lose her. What do I do now?”

“go talk to her. Now.” I said pointing to the door

“okay. Again, I’m sorry!” Bomi shouted as she ran out.

What does she mean again? She didn’t even say sorry once!

Chorong POV

After Eunji left Naeun told me that I should go lay down. I decided that was a good idea because when I got up I can feel myself losing balance and the room spinning. When I was about to fall asleep, my door busted open and in came Bomi. The girl that made me turns like this. I noticed that she lips were bleeding; I was pretty sure that that was the work of Jung Eunji. Bomi came and knelt on her knees beside my bed.

“unnie…” Bomi said, then winced at the pain

I got up and was now sitting on the bed. I was just staring at her, not knowing what to say.

“let me explain, okay?”

“tell me that it’s not true. Tell me that there’s some type of mistakes. Tell me that Annie is just a lying crazy .” I said looking at her straight in the eye.

“it’s partially true…”

I sighed, feeling my heart being stabbed again. I knew that it was true, but I was really hoping that it wasn’t.

“get out. I’m not in the mood to talk right now.” I said turning away from her

“I’m not going anywhere. Not until you listen to me explain.”

“fine. Then explain!”

“yes I wanted revenge. You hurt me, so I wanted to hurt you back. Seeing you at the restaurant for the 1st time boiled up that hate and anger, but later when you injured yourself and was lying on the hospital bed all that hate and anger were gone. I was so scared that I would lose you. That was when I realized that I was slowly falling for you. After that I forgot all about the revenge and wanted nothing than to have you as mine. I’m a horrible person for thinking of taking revenge on my own best friend. I was just mad. You know that I act and say without thinking! I’m sorry Chorong unnie. I do mean it when I say I love you. I mean it when I say I want to be yours. I mean it when I say that I want you to be my future. I want us to spend the rest of our lives together.”

I listened to every word carefully. Looking straight into her eyes to see if she was lying. Should I believe her words? I really don’t know what to think anymore. She seems really honest about it. Plus Eunji did punch her, maybe she suffered enough. I’ve always had a soft spot for Bomi. No matter how mad she got me, I’d always forgive her.

“what if you’re not really over it and you try to hurt me? What if I lash out at you again and make you hate me?” I asked

“last time I was stupid to listen to your words and actually got out of your life. I should have fought for our friendship. I should have been stubborn. From now on if there’s anything that stands in our ways, I’ll stay right here and fight until the end.”

“do you promise?”

“cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye!” Bomi said crossing her heart. I couldn’t help but smile at her cuteness. I guess Bomi is someone whom I can never stay mad at me.

“alright…but I’m still mad at you!” I said crossing my arms

“I’m sorry, baby. What can I do to make it up?” Bomi said pouting

“you can’t hug or kiss me for 2 weeks.”

“WHAT! Isn’t that a little harsh?”

“do you want to make it 3?”

“okay okay! 2 is enough. I’m going to kill Annie. I clearly told her that all my anger and hatred went away already.”

“I guess she still had bitter feelings towards us…” I said

“I guess. Come on Chorong unnie, let’s go eat. I’m hungry!” she said grabbing my hand

“alright you fatty. By the way, what happened to your lips?” I asked, even though I already knew the answer

“Eunji. That little rascal!” she said touching her lips then wincing

“ahh. Good!” I said smiling

“what do you mean good? Your little sister punched your girlfriend in the face!” Bomi said pouting

“you deserved it!”

When we walked out we saw Eunji and Naeun sitting on the couch watching tv together.

“yah Jung Eunji, come here!” Bomi called out

“no! Go away, I’m trying to spend time with my girlfriend here.” Eunji said throwing a pillow towards her

“unnie, what happened to your lips?” Naeun

“your girlfriend! She punched me twice!” Bomi whined like a little baby

“really?! Eunji unnie!” Naeun shouted

“y..y..yes?” Eunji stutter, seeing how she’s afraid of Naeun is really cute.

“good job!” Naeun said grabbing Eunji by the collar then kissing her

“WHAT! Chorong unnie, they’re being mean.” Bomi pouted again

“so?” I stuck out my tongue

“wow you guys are a bunch of bullies! Unnie, my lip hurts. Will you kiss it and make it better?” She asked pointing to her lips

“you wish! Remember no hugs and kisses for 2 weeks!” I said walking towards the kitchen leaving a pouty Bomi in the living room.

I wanted to be mad at Bomi, but I couldn’t. I loved her too much. Both of us had a moment of weakness and lashed out at each other. I guess in the end all that really matters is if we still love each other or not. What matters is if we will fight for each other. I’m willing to fight for my Bomi, I really hope Bomi feels the same because I can see a future with Bomi. We’ve only been together for less than a week and we’ve already encountered many problems. I guess it just shows how strong our relationship is. I hope we continue to be this strong. 


Sorry if this was a crappy chapter, I kind of just wanted to end the story as fast as I can. THIS IS THE END T______T but I might update a chapter about Bomi trying to trick Chorong into giving her hugs and kisses for the next two weeks. Thank you for reading this and commenting and keeping your interest in the story. I'll try my best to finish the "Maybe It's Fate?" one soon! Then I'm going to just write one-shots. I also have a story coming up! I think...I have the idea, but haven't wrote the chapter yet LOL.

THANK YOU AGAIN ^__________^