Chapter 10

Best Friends or Something More?

Bomi POV

My alarm went off at 8 in the morning. I hurried to shut it off hoping that it didn’t wake up Chorong unnie. I really wanted to stay in bed with Chorong unnie. She was still hugging me and it felt really nice. I want to wake up like this everyday. I stared at her sleeping face and she look just like a baby. I slowly lifted up my hand to caress her cheeks. It’s so soft. Chorong unnie stirred a little bit and I panicked afraid that I may have woken her up. I just remembered that Apink was supposed to go to the advertising company at 9. Crap we’re going to be late.

“unnie,” I said shaking her shoulder a bit.

No response.

“unnieee, wake up we’re going to be late,” I said shaking her a bit harder.

Still no response.

“unnie if you don’t wake up now I’m gonna give you a super wet kiss!”

Chorong unnie still didn’t open her eyes, but stuck out her lips.

“what are you doing?” I asked

“I’m waiting,” she said

“for what?”

“your wet kiss,” she said then stuck out her lips again

“I was kidding,” I said

“fine then I don’t wake up,” she said turning her back towards me

“arrasso arrasso,” I said kissing her cheek and making a loud kissing sound and leaving some spit on her cheeks

“ewwww,” she said rubbing her cheek

“you said you wanted it!” I said

“yeah well now you’re going to get it,” Chorong unnie said then sat on me and start tickling me

“stop stop, I’m going to pee!” I said laughing

“what are you two doing?” Annie said standing by the door

“n-nothing,” I said

“I’m going to go freshen up.” Chorong unnie said getting up.

After Chorong unnie got off the bed I missed her warmth right away. Truth be told when she stuck out her lips I really wanted to kiss them. I was actually slowly leaning in too, but thank god I had self-control. I guess I do have feelings for Chorong unnie. But why is that I’m just starting to feel it now? I need to talk to Eunji about this, she’ll understand.

“I think you really do like Chorong unnie more than friends.” Annie said making me lose my train of thoughts

“yah, don’t say that out loud! What if she hears you?”

“sorry. So what’s your plan for today?”

“I gotta go to work all day.” I said

“aww so we’re not hanging out at all?” Annie said pouting

“ahh don’t give me that. We’ll have a dinner date okay?”
“yay!” she said then coming to hug me.

Chorong unnie

“ahh don’t give me that. We’ll have a dinner date okay?”

Ugh. Why did I have to hear that part? When I came out of the bathroom I saw Annie hugging Bomi. This is too early for me. I can feel myself being mad and jealous already.

“I’m going to go wash up now. Unnie get ready, okay? I’ll drive you to the advertising company.” Bomi said getting up.

I had the best sleep ever last night. I held onto Bomi through the night and it just feels so right. I really wish it would be like that every night. I love the little kisses she gives me on my cheeks and forehead. Although my heart still pounds like crazy I learned to control myself. I don’t want to send Bomi the wrong message again.

“Chorong unnie, do you like Bomi?” Annie suddenly asked

“of course I do, she’s my best friend.” I said pretending to misunderstand her question

“do you have feelings for her?” she asked

“do YOU have feelings for her?” I asked back, wanting my curiosity to be answered

“I do. I’ve fallen head over heel for her.” She said

“I’m sorry, but so have I. And I’m not going anywhere this time, so I’ll be fighting for her.” I said calmly.

Just then Bomi came out of the bathroom all dressed up and ready to go. We go into the car and drove off. The car ride was silent, but it was a comfortable silence. When we reached the building Bomi stopped in front and told me to get out.

“yah can’t you say that nicely!”

“sorry! Hehe. Unnie, we have arrived. Please be careful on your way out and have fun,” Bomi said with a big smile

“there, that’s better! Where are you heading?” I asked

“to work.” She answered

“where do you work?”

“I’ll answer that later,” she said giving me another big smile

“why can’t you tell me now?”

“because!” Bomi answered

“because of what?”

“just because! Now go or else you’re going to be late!”

“arrasso! Have fun at work then!” I said getting out of the car. Before I was completely out I quickly pecked Bomi on the cheeks, but at the same time she turned her head to say bye. So instead of kissing her on the cheeks, I pecked her on the lips.

“yah! Why did you turn your head?!” I shouted her

“s-sorry! I-I was going to say bye!” Bomi stuttered.

I closed the door of the car then hurried to the building. Omo. I just kissed Bomi on the lips. I put my hands on my lips blushing madly at what jus happened. Even though it was really quick, I can still feel how soft her lips was. I was busy daydreaming about Bomi that I didn’t realized that I was going to be late. I rushed into the building then ran up the stairs to the set. Everyone was already there, but they were just standing around.

“how come you guys didn’t start yet? Were you guys waiting for me?” I asked

“we’re waiting for the boss of the company to come. The secretary told us that she’s running a bit late, but she’s on her way up.” Eunji answered.

“oh, I just got words that the boss have arrived. Sorry for the wait.” The secretary said bowing a bit to us.

I looked at the door and I was expecting a woman that looks fierce and scary, but instead it was pabobomi that walked in.

“what are you doing here?” I asked, “did I leave something in your car?”

“good morning boss!” the secretary bowed. Then the director and other staffs also bowed.

“b-b-boss?” Namjoo said barely getting the words out. All of us just stared at Bomi with wide eyes.

“surprised!” Bomi said smiling

“why didn’t you tell us?!” Eunji said punching Bomi on the shoulder

“if I told you it wouldn’t have been a surprised!”

“how did this happen?” I asked finally getting over the shock

“that’s why I moved here, I got promoted and is in charge of this company! Aren’t you proud of me, unnie?” Bomi said smiling like a 5 year old

“of course!” I said running to hug her, “my baby is all grown up!” I can see a hint of blush showing on Bomi’s face

“since Ms. Yoon is here now let’s start!” the director said.

Bomi POV

When they started filming I went to sit at the table to watch. I can still feel myself blushing when Chorong unnie called me her baby. It got me thinking about this morning. When Chorong unnie accidentally kissed me on the lips I was so shocked. At the same time I loved it. I wanted more. I wanted her lips to stay there. Man I’m really falling hard for Chorong unnie. What should I do? I really need to talk to Eunji about this. I have to wait a couple more hours until they go on break. I think I’m going to go crazy by then. I was watching Apink do their acting, I really wanted to focus on all of them, but my eyes kept drifting to Chorong unnie. She just looked so beautiful and all she was wearing was a crewneck and jeans. The way she smiles, it can brighten up the darkest room. Her eyes. Her beautiful brown orbs. I can just stare at them all day long. Her voice. Her soft and soothing voice. I can listen to her talk forever and I still wouldn’t get tired of it.

“BBOM-AH!” Chorong unnie shouted making me lose my thoughts

“yes? Sheesh unnie! You didn’t have to yell so loud, I’m going to go deaf!” I said covering my ear

“we’ve been calling your name for 10 minutes now!” she said

“oh…sorry! What’s up?” I asked embarrassed

“the director asked you how was it?”

“how was what?” I asked dumbly

“pabobomi!” Chorong unnie said slapping my shoulder, “how was the rehearsal? Was it good?”

“of course you guys did great!” I said clapping my hands, “is it break time already?”

“yup! It’s lunchtime now. Let’s go!” Chorong unnie said grabbing my arm pulling me up

“unnie, you go on ahead, I need to do something first. I’ll see you in about 10 minutes.”

“arrasso, don’t take too long, you need to eat too!” Chorong unnie said then walking away.

I looked around hoping to find Eunji. I found her near the snack table. ‘Why am I not surprised?’ I thought to myself.

“yah Jung Eunji!” I said

“what?” she asked with full

“unnie! Don’t talk with your mouth full!” Naeun said slapping her arm

“hey Naeun-ah, I’m going to borrow your girlfriend really quick!” I said then grabbed Eunji arm and dragged her to an empty room.

“what’s the deal? I was busy talking to my girlfriend!” Eunji said

“you see her everyday…” I said

“that’s not enough,” she said pouting

“gross. Yah it’s only me here you don’t need to sound all lovey dovey!” I said making gaging sound

“don’t be jealous!” she said sticking out her tongue then slapping my arm

“anyways! I need to talk to you about something, but you have to keep it a secret! Okay?” I said raising up my pinky

“okay what is it?” she asked then wrapped her pinky around mine

“I think I have feelings for Chorong unnie…” I said quietly with my head down

“yah, raise up your head and speak clearly would you!”

“I think I have feelings for Chorong unnie.” I said more clearly

“WHAT! YOU LIKE CHORONG UNNIE?!” Eunji shouted

“YAH!” I said hurrying to cover , “what’s wrong with you! I don’t want the whole world to hear this!”

“sorry sorry! But are you serious? Why are you just feeling this now?” Eunji asked

“I don’t know, maybe because we didn’t talk for a long time and I really missed her. Seeing and talking to her again just made my heart beat at an inhumane speed. Every time I see her smile I automatically smile. When she touches me I get a fluttering feeling and my stomach feels like it’s turned upside down. When she kisses me on the cheeks I crave for more. When she-”

“stop. Please, I really don’t need to hear anymore!” she said covering her ears

“yah! You’re supposed to be helping me!” I said pulling her hand away from her ears

“what am I supposed to help you with?”

Crap. How do I answer that? Why did I need to talk to Eunji? I just realized that I had no reason to talk to Eunji and I just told her a big secret. Great.

“I need you to help me get rid of this feeling! I can’t have feelings for my best friend!”

“why can’t you?”

“because she doesn’t feel the same way! It’s just a one sided love and isn’t she with Suho?” I asked

“no, that was just a dumb rumor” Eunji answered

“really?!” I asked excitedly

“yes! And give it a try, maybe she does have feelings for you too!”

“that’s impossible!”

“why? Look at me and Naeun. I thought what you thought too, but you helped me and now I’m happily with my the love of my life.” She said smiling big

“then can you help me make Chorong unnie jealous?”

“no way!”

“why not? I helped you! You owe me!”

“do you want me to die? Last time when you helped me, Chorong unnie was giving me glares!”

“come on, you owe me!” I said practically begging

“no can do! Why don’t you ask Annie? Chorong unnie is already getting jealous of her.” Eunji said

“really? I don’t even noticed.”

“and that’s why you’re PaboBomi.” Eunji said laughing, “are we done now? I want to get back to my girlfriend.”

“alright go. Leave! You horrible friend.” I said pushing her out.

I can’t use Annie to make Chorong unnie jealous. I feel bad for using Annie and giving her false hope. I don’t know if she still have feelings for me and I don’t want to risk hurting her. Ahhh what should I do? Why is Chorong unnie getting jealous of Annie? Does Chorong unnie by chance have feelings for me too? Oh crap! I’ve been away for so long, unnie is going to kill me. I started speed walking to the break room to find unnie sleeping on the couch. She must be really tired. She was sleeping in an awkward position so I helped carried her so she can lay on the couch.

I sat besides her just staring at her sleeping face. I really hope that there aren’t people around because they would definitely think their new boss is creepy. There was only about 5 minutes of break left so I decided to wake up unnie.

“unnie! Break time is almost over. Wake up!” I said shaking her shoulder.

“okay I’m up…” she said then sneezed 4 times in a row

“unnie, are you okay?” I asked

“yeah I think I’m just coming down with a cold.”

“you should have stayed home! Omo, you kissed me on the lips! Gross, I don’t want your sick germs! I don’t want to be sick!” I said playfully wiping my mouth.

“yah! Is this how you treat your sick unnie?” she said hitting me on the head

“sorry!” I said, then I put the back of my hand on her forehead, “unnie you’re burning up! Come on, I’ll take you home.”

“no it’s fine, we still have a couple more scene to shoot. I’ll be fine.” Unnie said trying to get up.

“no! I’m your boss and I’m telling you that you have to go home and rest!” I said firmly.

“Bbom-ah, I’ll be fine. Don’t worry!” she said giving me a smile

“unnie! If you don’t let me take you home then I’m not speaking to you for a week!” I said crossing my arm

“okay fine, let’s go home then.” She said pouting. I smiled at my victory.

“but first can I get a kiss here?” she said pointing to her cheek, “it’ll help make me feel a bit better.” I felt my heart pounding. ‘Control yourself Bomi. Only kiss her cheek, not her lips.’ I told myself.

I leaned in and kissed her on the cheek, which made her smile like a little kid.

I took her back to the dorm, and then helped her to her bed. I tucked her in and smiled at the sight of baby Rong. It feels nice to be able to take care of her since she was always the one that took care of me. She soon fell asleep so I went out and decided to make some soup for her for when she wakes up again. Thanks to the Internet I can actually learn to cook. When cooking I completely lost track of time and remembered that I was supposed to take Annie out to dinner. Crap. I decided to text her since I was too lazy to talk on the phone.

Hey! Chorong unnie is sick, so I’m going to stay at Apink’s dorm and take care of her. Sorry to cancel on dinner! I’ll make it up!

 

It’s fine! Have you had dinner yet? I’ll come by and bring some take-outs.

 

Oh that’s good! Then we’ll just have dinner together here. See you soon!

 

I guess that’s good that Annie is coming over; I won’t feel bad about ditching her. After about 30 minutes the soup was finally done and surprisingly it tasted amazing. ‘I am good at cooking’ I thought to myself. Just then there was a knock on the door and I knew it was Annie.

“hey! I bought pizza!” Annie said

“oh great! I miss some American food,” I said, “just put it on the table and go sit on the couch.”

I went in to check on Chorong unnie, but she was still sleeping. I’m glad she was getting enough sleep; I heard from Naeun that she hasn’t been sleeping for the past 4 months. I feel really bad for being the cause of it. I went back out and went to sit on the couch with Annie to eat some pizza.

Chorong POV

I woke up from what felt like a really long nap. I felt really refresh though. I woke up to an empty room, which I felt really disappointed. I was hoping to see Bomi by my side. Maybe she left already? I’m going to kill her if she left, what kind of best friend leaves the other friend when they’re sick? I heard some talking coming from the living room so I slowly got up from the bed. I still didn’t have a lot of energy so I was afraid I might lose my balanced. I walked towards my door and opened it to see Bomi and Annie kissing. I felt my heart be ripped out. Tears started running down my cheeks. I quietly closed the door then went back to my bed. She’s only been back in my life for a bit and I’m already losing her? I’m too late. What am I supposed to do now? Do I continue to fight for her? Do I give up and just stay her best friend? Bomi told me they’re not together, but here they are kissing. Did she lie to me? Ugh. I was feeling frustrated so I started crying even harder. ‘Bbom-ah…I love you more than anyone. Why can’t you see that?’ I thought to myself. 


Poor Chorong :c