Chapter 8

Best Friends or Something More?

Bomi POV

*knock* *knock*

“come in” I said

“I got the papers about the new commercial we’re filming,” my secretary said

“alright, thanks” I said taking it from her, “you should go on your break now. Don’t overwork yourself”

“okay thank you.” She said then left.

I opened the folder to look at the commercial. I work for an advertising company and my job is to organize and come up with new ideas. This time the commercial is for a pizza company. ‘This should be easy’ I thought to myself. Everything was looking good until I saw who was going to be in it. Apink. ‘The world is so cruel. I’ve only been here a week and I’m already going to run into them.’ As much as I wanted Apink to have this, I can’t handle working with them. I decided to call my boss to see if we can change it. I know it’s really selfish of me, but I’m not ready to see them yet.

“yes Bomi?” my boss answered

“I have a question about the new project”

“what is it?”
“does it really have to be Apink or can be it someone else?”

“it has to be Apink. Apink makes any food look delicious”

They really do. One of my friends who is an Apink fan was always afraid to try chicken feet, but because of Chorong unnie she tried it and loved it.

“okay then”

“I hope you can get along with them because they’ll be doing all of our food commercials”

“alright. Thank you.” I said then hung up.

I sighed, I’ve been doing that a lot lately. What am I supposed to do? They’re supposed to come in today to look over the script. I’m supposed to be there supervising everything. It feels like a dream to be able to see Chorong unnie again. What should I do if I see her? Do I just walk by as if we’re strangers? Do I say hi?

*beep*

“boss, Apink is here for the script reading” my secretary said through the phone

“arrasso, take them to meeting room A and start right away. I don’t know if I can make it or not”

“okay boss”

I’m really a coward. I can’t bring myself to go to the meeting room. I’m too scared. I’m scared that once I see her I will break down.

After a while I decided to just walk by the room to see. The room had a big window so I was able to see everything while hiding behind a tree. There she was. She was sitting between Namjoo and Naeun. She still looked as beautiful as ever. Although it looks like she got skinnier. I guess Eunji said something funny which caused the members to laugh. There was that smile that I’ve missed. All I wanted to do was run into the room and engulf her in a big hug. I should stop. This is probably creepy if anyone saw. The only way to the parking lot was to walk past the window. Crap. I walked by normally so it doesn’t catch anyone’s attention. At the same time I was turning my head the other way so they can’t see me. I almost reached the door when suddenly I heard my name called.

“Bomi unnie?” Hayung asked confusingly

‘keep walking’ I told myself, ‘don’t have a reaction.’ I opened the door then hurried outside. Once I was outside I ran straight to my car. Damn Hayoung an her hawk-like eyes. I hope she thinks that she was just imagining it. I decided to call Annie so we can have lunch together. I needed something to help calm down my rapidly beating heart. After picking up Annie we went to a nearby restaurant to eat.

Throughout eating Annie kept asking me if I was okay and I always answered with the same answer.

“I am okay! Stop question”

“are you sure?”

“yesss!”

I haven’t told Annie about me knowing Apink and the deal between me and Chorong unnie. It’s not that I don’t trust her, I just feel more comfortable talking about it with Sojin unnie instead. I think Apink and I are really fated together because just then I saw them walking in.

“be right back, I’m going to go use the restroom.” Annie said getting up.

I knew for sure they would go into the private room, but the problem was they would walk by my table to get to the private room. I really can’t escape the inevitable. Instead of trying to run away I decided to just talk to them if they see me. I started panicking as I saw them closer. What do I say? Crap. Crap. Eunji is looking this way. Crap she doesn’t look happy.

“Yoon Bomi!” she said point at me causing the others to look her way

“uhhh hi” I said waving my hand awkwardly. Namjoo ran and attacked me with a hug. I happily returned it. The others were now standing in front of me trying not to look shocked. Chorong unnie, of course, was the one that looked the most shocked

“what are you doing here? When did you get here?” Naeun asked while everyone is still trying to believe that I’m right in front of them.

“I came here about a week ago”

“what are you doing here? Not that we don’t want you here, we’re just curious” Hayoung asked.

Right when I was about to answer Annie came back from the restroom. She linked my arm to her and asked, “ready to go Bbom Bbom?” She was about to walk when she realized Apink was in front of us.

“omg you guys are Apink!”

“yeah hi” Eunji said trying to sound nice

“you know them, Bomi?”

“yeah they’re old friends of mine”

“sorry for disturbing your date. We’ll go now, we have to get going soon.” Chorong unnie talked for the first time then started pushing the others to go to the private room. I watched as they were leaving. Chorong unnie never looked back once.

 

Chorong POV

Yoon Bomi. I never thought I would see her again. I can’t believe she’s back. She’s been back for a week now. She didn’t try to contact us at all. I guess she’s been busy with her new girlfriend. Bbom Bbom? What kind of nickname is that?! She’s not even that pretty. I wonder what is their relationship? They are probably going out. The way that girl came out of nowhere and held onto Bomi’s arm. That is my place. Ugh what am I thinking? Why am I getting jealous when I was the one that was a to Bomi? Seeing her again still makes me feel the same. My heart still flutter and pound rapidly. Hearing her voice makes my legs go weak. When I saw her I wanted to run up to her and hug her. Just like how Namjoo did. Great now I’m even jealous at my own member.

“unnie, how are you feeling?” Hayoungie asked

“I’m fine, don’t worry,” I said giving my members a reassuring smile

“I wonder who was that girl that Bomi unnie was with,” Naeun said

“are you going to try to talk to her?” Eunji asked

“I don’t know. I don’t know where she’s staying. I don’t even know what I would say to her,” I said helplessly

“you can start by apologizing,” Namjoo said

“yah! That’s obvious!” Naeun said hitting Namjoo on the head

“sheesh. You and Eunji unnie are perfect for each other! Always so violent,” Namjoo said then covered her head in case the couple might hit her

“unnie, what’s our plan for the afternoon?” Hayoung asked

“you guys have to go to practice, I have to go back to the advertising building to meet with the set director to work things out.”

After that we finished eating our food the others took the van and I took a taxi back to the advertising building. My mind couldn’t stop thinking about Bomi. I can’t believe she’s back. If I were to run into her again what should I say? I really want her back in my life, but I doubt she’ll ever forgive me. I’m such an idiot.

I got to the set to look at what and how we’ll be working for the commercial. I was really excited about the commercial because we’re getting paid to eat, how great is that?

“Park Chorong-shi?” a man that looks like he’s in his late 20s asked

“yes that’s me,” I said
“hello, I’ll be the director for the commercial and I also designed the set. What do you think? Does this look okay?” he asked

“yeah it looks perfect. What is that wire for?” I asked

“oh you’ll be swinging/flying from that”

“excuse me?!” I said shocked

“is there a problem?”

“yes, I’m really scared of heights”

“oh don’t worry, it’s safe! How about we give it a try right now? If you don’t like it then I’ll change it around”

“alright,” I said feeling a little scared

 

Bomi POV

After leaving the restaurant I dropped Annie off and went back to work. It was the first time we saw each other in months and she couldn’t even say hi. Does she still hate me? Seeing her made my heart pounded like crazy. I guess I just really missed her. Did it look like me and Annie was on a date? Unnie sounded mad when she was apologizing for ruining our “date”. I always wondered why. Whenever I talked to her about someone that I like, she gets mad and cold towards me. I heard that Chorong unnie was in the building to look over the set. Maybe this is my chance to talk to her. I walked over to the set to find her, but when I got there she was talking to some guy. Who is that guy? Is he flirting with her? Is she flirting with him? Wait, there’s a rumor about her and Suho. I wonder if it’s true. I hate Suho. Whoa. Where did that come from? Why am I getting jealous at Suho and that guy? It’s cause Chorong unnie is talking to them while she’s ignoring me. Right. That’s why. Omo, I’m an idiot. That’s our director. Aiish, that’s why people call me Pabobomi. I saw Chorong unnie walking towards the wire and strapping it around her waist. What is she doing? Is that part of the commercial? She can’t do that, she’s scared of heights! I started walking towards them when suddenly everything went wrong. The director lost control of the wire causing Chorong unnie to fall onto the ground. As she fell she hit her head on a nearby chair causing her to knock out.

“UNNIE!” I said running towards her

“I’ll call the ambulance,” the director said taking out his phone

“it’s fine, the hospital is around the corner. I’ll take her there. You stay here and change the script, there will be nothing with height, got it?”

“yes boss!”

I carried unnie and rushed her to my car. ‘Unnie, please be okay!’ I thought as I drove towards the hospital. I carried her into the hospital asking a doctor to look at her right away. As I placed on her on the bed the doctor told me to go wait outside. I started panicking. What if she’s not okay? What if she has a concussion? What if she’s seriously hurt? I can’t live without her. My life is nothing without my Chorong unnie. After about 10 minutes the doctor came back out.

“is she okay?!”

“yes she’s fine. No concussion or anything. She just hit her head a bit, with the help of some painkiller she’ll be fine.” The doctor said

“is she awake?” I asked

“I think she will be awake soon. You can go see her now.”

I hurried in and saw her lying on the bed. Thank god you’re okay. I sat down beside her bed and held onto her hands.

“unnie, I’m so glad you’re okay. Please don’t scare me like that anymore. I don’t know what I would do if you weren’t okay. Unnie, I can’t live without you.” I said as I started crying. There was still no movement in Chorong unnie. I started talking to her hoping that she’ll be able to follow my voice and wake up.

“the past 4 months has been hell you know that? I missed you like crazy. Everyday I pick up my phone and dial your number, but I always told myself not to call you because you hate me. I can’t live without you unnie. I’m sorry that I’ve wasted 15 years of your life. Although I can’t live without you I’m going to try. I don’t want to burden you anymore. Unnie I love you so much.” I said as I kissed her on the forehead.

“Bbom-ah…stay. Stay in my life please.” Chorong unnie said slowly opening her eyes. 


Next chapter will have Chomi, so wait for that c: thank you for reading this, i really appreciate it ^____^