Chapter 7

Best Friends or Something More?

So I was going to end the story at Chapter 6, but my friends said "if you end it there I'll end your life." LOL so here's a new chapter~


4 months later Bomi POV

It’s been 4 months. 4 freaking months since I last talked to Chorong unnie. It feels like hell. Everyday I cry because I miss talking to her so much. I try to keep myself busy by getting a second job and making new friends to keep myself busy. It really doesn’t help when some of your new friends are fans of Apink. The only reason why I’ve been able to get through these 4 months is because of Annie. She’s so great. I met her when I was taking the plane back to LA. She was sitting next to me, she noticed that my eye were puffy and swollen so she asked me what happened. At that time I was in a bad mood so I told her to mind her business, but that didn’t stop her. Instead of being persistent and asking me what’s wrong she changed the topic and talked about random stuff to keep my mind off of the sad things. We both lived in LA so we kept in contacts with each other. I still look up news about Apink seeing how they’re doing and stuff. I’m glad that they’re doing great with their new song. There were also rumors about Chorong unnie dating Suho. I felt happy for her because now she has someone that can make her happy. There was also this feeling inside me, I don’t know how to explain it. I felt happy for her, but at the same time I felt hurt. I brushed it off thinking that I only feel hurt because I missed her so much. I also missed the other members a lot. The only person I still talk to is Sojin unnie. I’d call her from time to time asking for updates about the Apink members. She’d always tell me that they’re doing fine and that they misses me a lot. They would also tell her to tell me to call them. I really want to, but I just couldn’t find myself to do so. At first I decided that maybe I’ll write them letters, I even wrote one to Chorong unnie. In the end I chickened out and didn’t send it.

I went my way into my boss’s office since I was called there. I got promoted a month after I came back, the first person I want to call was Chorong unnie, but of course I couldn’t. It really not being able to share good news with hers.

“ahh Bomi, good to see you” my boss said shaking my hand

“nice to see you too sir”

“I guess you’re curious to why you’re called here”

“a little bit” I said nervously

“don’t be nervous, I got great news! We’re expanding our company into different countries and I want you to be the head of one of the company”

“r…really?! Are you sure?” I asked excitedly

“of course! I’ve seen how hard you have worked and we really need that kind of effort when opening a new company. The problem is you would have to relocate to that location. Is that fine with you?”

“yeah I don’t mind relocating, where is the company going to be?”

“in Seoul, Korea. Are you okay with that?”

Really. Out of 196 countries it had to the one country where I didn’t want to be at. This is a huge opportunity though, plus what are the chances of me running to Chorong unnie?

“no it’s fine! When will I leave?”

“we need you to be there as soon as possible, so tomorrow”

“tomorrow?!”

“is that a problem?” my boss asked raising an eyebrow

“no no it’s fine”

“alright that’s it for now. Go home and get ready. Your flight leaves at 1 in the morning.”

Crap! That’s 8 hours from now! I got into my car and started driving home. Geeze boss how am I supposed to pack up 9 year of my life in 8 hours! Also seriously, Korea?! I told myself to not go back there for a while, but here I am moving there. There’s no chance that I would run into them, right? They’re getting really popular so they wouldn’t go out freely anymore. I sighed as I reached my place. I went up to my apartment, the apartment I’ve to learned to love for the past 4 years. I didn’t know what I needed to pack. The boss said everything is provided for me, an apartment, furniture, a car, and money. I guess all I really is to pack my clothes. I sighed for the millionth time because I hate packing. Last time when I was packing for Korea Chorong unnie told me what to bring. I decided to call Annie to help me.

“hey I need a favor!” I said as soon as she picked up the phone

“Bbom Bbom you’re 21, I’m pretty sure you can kill the spider yourself this time”

“aiish it’s not that! The company is transferring me to Seoul and I need help packing”

“whoa Korea? When are you leaving?”

“just come over and I’ll tell you the details!”

“alright alright, be there in 10 minutes”

I decided to turn on the tv to keep myself company while waiting for Annie. I to Arirang TV and Simply Pop was on. There was Apink performing brightly on tv. I really miss them. I miss teasing Eunji, I miss hugging Naeun’s waist, I miss doing nonsense rap with Namjoo, and I miss getting advices from Hayoung. I miss Chorong unnie like crazy. I miss hearing her soft voice. I miss her random ageyo. I miss her yelling at me when I wear short shorts and a tank. I miss hugging her. I really really just miss her. I’d give anything to be able to hug her again.

“hey open up!” Annie said banging on the door

“yah! You said you’ll be here in 10 minutes, it’s been 40 minutes” I should have known. Every time she gave me a time, I would have to add 30 minutes to it.

“so what is this about you moving to Korea?”

“the company is making me. They’re already providing an apartment and a car, so I just need my clothes”

“oh then why do you need me here?”

“pack for me” I said with my puppy dog eyes

“seriously? You’re so lazy!” she said as she started raiding my closet and helping me pack.

“hey I have a month of vacation, I can take it and go help you settle in” Annie offered

“that would be great!” I said running to hug her. I can see a hint of blush showing on her cheeks. My other friends have always told me that Annie has feelings for me. Ever since they told me I started noticing things. She was nicer to me than she was towards other and touchier. I don’t know how I feel towards her. I mean I guess there’s some feeling there and I see her as a potential girlfriend, but being with her doesn’t make my heart race. My friendship with her is kind of like me and Eunji. We spent the rest of the time watching movies and eating. Since the flight was at 1 in the morning we were just going to sleep on the plane.

After a 13 hours flight we’ve finally reach Seoul. It feels like yesterday when I was crying my eyes out near a payphone. Annie and I felt refresh so we decided to grab some food to eat since the airplane food weren’t that great.

 

Eunji POV

It’s been 4 months. I’ve never see Chorong unnie be this depressed. On stage and during interviews she’s back to her old self, but once the camera is off unnie starts sulking and become depress. It’s really weird acting as the older one now. The only thing that Chorong unnie does nowadays is go to practice then go straight home and stays in her room all day. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING reminds her of Bomi. Unnie has been crying herself to sleep every night. Each of us would stay the night with her. Sojin unnie would call us sometimes telling us about how Bomi is doing. I keep asking her to tell Bomi to call us, but she never did. I tried calling her on Sojin unnie’s phone, but once she recognized my voice she hung up.

“Eunji unnie! What are you thinking about?” Naeun asked coming to sit next to me on the couch. Naeun. Son Naeun. My beautiful angel. I don’t know how I got so lucky to have her be mine. I owe it all to Bomi.

“just about Bomi and Chorong unnie,” I said sighing

“I think about them a lot too. I can’t believe unnie said all those hurtful things to Bomi unnie”

“Naeun-ah you should understand that it must have been hard for her to be next to the person she love and not being able to do anything. Did you know how hard it was for me to be near you and not do stuff to you?”

“hey! Don’t be a ert!” Naeun said smacking my arm

“I’m just kidding, but see. It’s hard”

“yeah, but those words were really unnecessary. If you said those words to me I don’t think I would be able to forgive you.” I don’t know why, but hearing that made my heart hurt. Even though I would never say those words it still hurt thinking about Naeun never forgiving me.

“well Bomi has a soft spot for Chorong. So I think if they just talk it out Bomi will forgive her”

“you’re right. We just need to find a way to make them talk to each other”

“easier said than done Naeunnie. Come on, let’s go we’re going to be late for our reservation,” I said grabbing Naeun’s hand. Due to our busy schedule we decided to have date night at least 3 times a month. I was excited for this date. We’ve been promoting and we never have time to spend with each other. Yes we’re constantly with each other, but its always practicing or vocal training. When we get back to the dorm we’re really tired so we just fall asleep next to each other.

We made our ways to our favorite restaurant and sat there. It was nice being in public without fans talking to us. I’m grateful for the fans and I get excited meeting them, but it’s nice to have some alone time.

When our food came both our eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. Naeun was feeding me and I was happily taking every bite. I was looking around to see if people might be annoyed of our PDA, but it seems like they didn’t mind. I suddenly stopped when I saw a familiar figure. There were two people at the table and one of the girl’s back look strangely like Bomi’s.

“Naeun-ah, look behind you. Doesn’t that girl look like Bomi?”

“unnie, we can only see her back. I don’t think it’s her, why would she be in Seoul anyways?”

“I guess you’re right. Maybe I just miss her a lot”

“hey! How can you say you miss another woman while being with your girlfriend” Naeun said pouting

“aww is my son yeosin jealous?” I said in a baby voice

“hmmph!” Naeun said crossing her arms. I smiled at her cuteness and leaned in to capture her lips.

Chorong POV

‘Bbom-ah, I deserve a thousand deaths for saying those words to you.’ I kept telling myself this everyday. I miss her so much. The longest we ever went without talking to each other was 1 day. After the first week it felt like hell, now 4 months have gone by and it feels like I’m in the depth of Tartarus. (A/N: I’m a big fan of Greek Mythology). Every time I get a text or a call I always pray that it will be Bomi, but it never is. Hearing that Bomi still calls Sojin unnie hurts a lot. Sojin unnie tells me that Bomi would ask about me. Hearing that made me happy, it means that she still cares. I really want to talk to her, but I don’t know how. It’s hard to go to California and even if I do there’s no way I’ll be able to find her in that huge state. I doubt Bomi would come back to Korea. Everyday when we get back to our dorm I’d go straight to my room and shut myself out. I would spend the day looking at pictures of us when we were kids. I wish I can turn back time and take everything I said back. ‘I never hated you Bomi. I love you more than anything. Please come back to me soon.’ I said out loud to no one. I’ve been doing that a lot lately, I feel like I’m turning crazy. I feel like such a burden towards the members. I’m supposed to be the leader; I’m supposed to be taking care of them, not the other way around. It’s been 4 months. I should just forget about Bomi. She’s really gone; even if she comes back to Korea I highly doubt she’ll come see me. I decided to clean myself up and go back to the old Park Chorong. I will never stop loving Bomi, but there’s nothing I can do about this anymore. I just have to keep living life and move on.