9

Red

She could hear him hum and realized how pleasant she found his voice. She asked for more deliveries to the village simply because she found herself looking forward to seeing Leo on the way. His silent presence made her feel comfortable as he walked along with her to the edge of the woods.

“You should sing,” She once stated as he turned to look at her, his eyebrow quirked slightly as she shrugged “you have a nice voice.”

“I don’t know what to sing.” He said, he never did seem to know what to sing even if he did hum frequently. His eyes fell on her hands holding onto the handles of her bicycle and she guided it through the densely wooded area, they shot up to her face when he heard her breathe out a laugh.

“You don’t need to know a song to sing, you can sing about anything. Why, you can even sing about simply walking through the woods.” The smile remained on her face as he processed what she said. They passed a clearing which led to the path to the village and unconsciously Leo found himself slowing down.

“I’ll think about it.”

“Good enough,” there was still amusement in her voice “would you like to come a long with me?” she had noticed him slowing down but couldn’t fully make out why. He shook his head, eyes still on her as her feet came to a halt and her hand came closer to his face and felt himself freezing.

“I’m not going to bite Leo, there’s a leaf in your hair so if you’d lower your tall self, I could take it off.” 

The moment her fingers gently pulled the leaf away he relaxed, making her hold back a laugh, tossing the leaf away. Their eyes flickered to each other, as a tiny smile graced his lips as she spun away declaring.

“Leo is scared of me~”

“What?” he blinked as she turned around with a large grin on her face declaring the same point all over again “I’m not scared of you.” He said softly causing her to purse her lips.

“That’s why you froze.”

“Reflex.”

“Right, I’m pretty sure you know I wouldn’t hurt you. You’re just scared of me.”

“I have no reason to be!” he exclaimed as she let out a wheeze of laughter as she propped the cycle against a tree before crossing her arms.

“Now I’m sure you understand what you sound like. Till then I shall continue to declare that you, are scared of me. Until you prove otherwise,” A smug smile on her face as he looked at her perplexed. His eyes landed on how she bit down on her lip as she held back a laugh, her eyes twinkling mischievously before reaching over to poke his forehead “I’m kidding silly.”

Leo found himself reaching for the offending hand and tugging her closer to him as the familiar scent of her assaulted him as he wrapped one arm around her.

“See? I’m not scared of you. But I can break your neck right now. So you, should be scared of me.” It didn’t make sense to him at all, his behaviour. He had never done something like this before and here he was holding a human so close to him when all he had been all this time was pushing them away.

“You know,’ she whispered, against the fabric the covered his chest “that you haven’t done that yet.” She shifted away from him with another smug grin, stumbling back to her bicycle completely contrary to her expression. Leo stood silently as she swung herself onto the seat before quickly saying goodbye and pedalling away.

Neither knew how red the other’s face was.


^_^

In case you guys haven't watched the music video of VIXX LR's Beautiful Liar go watch it nowwww