8

Red

 

He was nearly out of breathe when he returned from the great distance he had covered. His eyes fell on a little parcel left at the door step of his rickety wooden cabin. A bright fluorescent note attached to it with a scribble of “I didn’t find you here, so I left this for you.” Signed by the red-haired girl. Leo picked it up, undoing it as he pushed the door open with his foot.

There was a thermos of coffee and another of soup. She had left behind bread and cheese in a little box, and suddenly he found the sides of his lips quirking up as he lifted the thermos of coffee to his lips letting the flavour caress his tongue.

“Oh I see you got the parcel,” Her voice reached his ears causing him to choke on the coffee. She chuckled before pushing the door open revealing the rest of herself “are you feeling better today?”

She made no move towards him, keeping the distance between them as he set down the thermos, turning towards her completely.

“Yeah, much better.” He whispered causing her to smile.

“You’re smiling.” She noticed, still smiling at him as a warm sensation spread across his chest.

“Yeah, someone left me some coffee,” he indicated to the thermos on the ground “and other stuff.” His ears perked up when he heard her chuckle.

“That’s very nice of them. The same person wants to know if you were fine last night since there was some sort of a wild animal attack in the woods nearby.”

Leo’s eyes widened as he looked at her “were there any casualties?”  Something about him invited her closer as she stepped towards him causing his senses to pick up yet again.

“No, just a lot of damage to the area. Scratches and such on trees. I know it’s none of my business, but I was worried. Especially when I didn’t find you in the cabin.” She chewed on her lower lip. Leo visibly relaxed as she looked down at him with a tender look in her eyes “I shall leave now, you’d probably want me gone.” She definitely didn’t look like she wanted to leave though.

“You don’t have to,” He mumbled “it’s just not safe.” He knew he was lonely, maybe he didn’t want to hurt anyone, but her persistence was rubbing off on him. Red made him want to reach out and grasp at the metaphorical hand she was reaching out to him.

“Maybe that’s for me to decide,” she settled down next to him, maybe it was her scent, but he unconsciously shifted closer as she reached for the box of sandwiches, handing it to him “but you should probably eat.”

His fingers brushed against her cold skin as her picked at the box in her hands.

“You’re hands are cold.” He stated as he grasped onto one causing her to look at him in shock as her fingers and face heated up. He chewed on the sandwich calmly, letting go of her hand before reaching for the other.

“W-what are you doing?” she mumbled as he shrugged.

“Cold hands.”

His eyes widened when she leaned against his shoulder and smiled.

“And you told me you were dangerous.”

He relaxed hesitantly, letting go of her hand “It’s just my way of thanking you for the food. Doesn’t make me any less dangerous, Red.”

“Hyeji.”

“What?”

“My name is Hyeji.”

 

 

 


Hi guys sorry for the delayed update college has been draining me,

If you want to satisfy your Leo thirst, you can check out my oneshot collection:)