13

Red

 

For a moment she felt like time had frozen as Leo looked down at her with hesitant eyes. His eyes fell on her lips which parted before closing. Suddenly he felt like he had asked for too much.

“I’m sorry…” he started as she gaped at him “I think I said too much.” He looked down at the hardwood floor of the kitchen. That was when he felt a soft brush against his cheek as she whispered a soft ‘yes’. He whirled around wide eyed noticing the pink blush on her cheeks as she met his gaze. It never occurred to him that he had never done something like this before and by the look of it, she hadn’t either.

“Yes you can.” She whispered, reaching for his hand and interlacing their fingers. There was an awkward air of silence as he breached the space between them; she turned to face him even though she was easily a few inches shorter. Leaning down his forehead rested on hers admiring the eyes that refused to leave his almost glazed over with tender feeling. Her scent was even stronger now and it pulled at his gut as to how much he wanted to pull her into his arms.

“I’ve never kissed anyone before.” She breathed against his lips as his fingers shakily reached up to cradle her face. Her skin was soft to his touch and her breath intoxicating. Tipping her head up, he breathed the same words to her. Neither knew who covered the distance as their lips finally met. Leo felt her shift closer, pressing against him. It was an awkward sensation for the both. She pulled away as he looked at her unsure of what to make of the expression on her face only to have his eyes flutter shut when she leaned back up to press her lips firmly against his gently moving them along his, her hands reaching up to caress his cheeks as he dragged his lips against hers. His hands moved down her neck and gripped at her waist, tugging her closer as they experimentally kissed,  breathing heavily as they pressed against each other.

 Parting to breathe he noticed a smile on her face which caused a twinge of guilt in his stomach and yet another burning almost beast- like sensation of wanting to pull her and kiss her again. Her scent was heavy with joy now which was infectious as he wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug.

That would suffice for now.

“Hyeji,” He whispered as he pressed his lips to the crown of her head as she hummed into his chest “I’m still scared.”

“It’s alright.” She whispered, her hand running up and down his arm “we’ll take baby steps with it.”

“What if I hurt you?”

She pushed away from him, still holding onto his hands as she looked him in the eyes “You’ve given me nothing but happiness so far. I trust you Leo.” Something about the way she said it reverberated within him as he squeezed her hands in return.

“I have a secret that I can’t tell.” He said as she nodded.

“We all do.”

Now he was curious, yet he knew that he couldn’t ask her if he wasn’t going to tell her. But he was afraid that if he told her, she would run away. She leaned close to him with a grin as she said “So Mr. Big Bad Wolf,” Leo’s back straightened, alert “Red Riding Hood is always here to deliver happiness. And support. And food sometimes.” She paused, looking a little confused “wait, scratch that, do I deliver happiness?”

Leo’s lips cracked into a smile as he held back a laugh “why, yes you do.”

Enamoured by the smile Hyeji reflected it, feeling her heart rate going at an impossible pace.

“That’s good enough.”

But was it? He wondered. He did trust Hyeji, yet he was afraid.

As they headed back to the edge of the woods with their little fingers interlinked, an unfamiliar scent hit his nostrils and Leo froze. Hyeji collided into him before looking up at him questioningly.

“Go back home.” He said as she frowned.

“Well that’s not a nice thing to say to someone…”

“No, there’s something unsafe here.” He replied, frantic to get her out of danger. Confused, she retorted with –

“It’s equally unsafe for you then! Come back with me.”  Leo sensed the presence and scent coming closer as he whirled around, holding onto her shoulders.

“Will you trust me?” Hyeji’s mouth twisted with indignation.

“Of course! But…”

“Please please go, I promise I will be fine.” He replied, leaning over to press his lips to her forehead almost like it was the most natural thing in the planet before detaching from her and hurrying into the woods. He had to perform his duty.

Hyeji watched, terrified as Leo disappeared into the unknown.


*hides face*

 

Sorry you guys /).(\