16

Red

It was brand new to him, this scent of fear coming from her, fresh enough to make him draw his hands away from the body beneath him and glace at the eyes that stared into his soul. The animal in him roared as he controlled the urge to push her down again

But that fear…

“I…I’m not ready yet.” Her voice stammered in the dark as her fingers reached out to grasp his shoulders as her eyes searched his face for a response. His own dark eyes fixed themselves on the bruised skin on her neck before trailing up to look at the terrified and questioning expression on her face.

A sudden tenderness flooded through Leo also with a load of guilt causing him to drop the dominant stance he had over her body and nuzzle at her neck. She tensed again as he whispered into her skin.

“I’m sorry,” he whimpered “I didn’t want to scare you.” She could her a whine in his voice she had never heard before. She could feel how guilty he felt, and now she knew he would go back into his shell. Relaxing, she tried to draw him closer even as he nuzzled and nudged at her skin like a kicked puppy, shivering and apologizing repeatedly. She felt him freeze, almost like he realized what he was doing before shifting away, making no attempts to touch her as the words of apology brimmed past his lips like a stream.

Hyeji couldn’t pretend to understand why Leo looked so panicked, but she couldn’t help but appreciate him understanding that she wasn’t ready. She watched him attempt to shift away from her as much as possible tumbling in the sheets before reaching out to grasp his hands between hers. She felt his gaze shoot up to her face wide eyed as she pressed her forehead against his hands.

“And you say you aren’t human,” she sighed as the look of panic on Leo’s face turned to confusion “you did what a decent human being would do,” she felt him relax slightly, yet the look of confusion did not leave his face and she felt herself sighing again caressing his hands between hers “you stopped when I asked you to…well, you sensed that I wasn’t okay and you stopped,” she tried to explain to the best of her ability before pressing a kiss on his hands “and lot of people don’t do that.”

Leo was still on guard, she could feel that and seeing him after so long with his guard down made this moment extremely important to her.

“I didn’t mean for things to…I’m sorry.” he began, still flustered as she looked him straight in the eye.

“It did, and you stopped when you felt I wasn’t comfortable. That is what matters. If you want me to accept your apology, then I will. Leo, I forgive you. Now please calm down.” She begged feeling him relax even further. He leaned closer to her as her hands released his and reached to run through his long hair.

“Thank you.” He exhaled, leaning into her touch as the adrenaline rush in his body dulled. Leaning back into the bed, they rested against the pillows. He curled up closer to her as her fingers curled themselves in his hair tenderly.

“Are you going to tell me what’s wrong?” she whispered into the air feeling his arm winding around her waist, she turned to him to meet his gaze. Their breaths mingled as she watched him drink in her face. She saw the gentle smile on his face that she was certain he was absolutely unaware of before nudging him making the smile drop as he processed the question she had put forth.

“I…” he swallowed heavily as she ran her fingers over his hair making him close his eyes. The fluctuating adrenaline that the panic had caused along with the full moon made him dazed and sleepy. He’d never ended a full moon night with the same peace he was feeling right now “I’m someone your parents won’t approve of…or anyone.” He sounded sleepy, Hyeji noticed making her giggle.

“That’s what you always say.” She whispered as he leaned his forehead against her shoulder.

“You’re okay with this right?” he mumbled, half asleep, trying to focus on staying awake. He wanted to tell her the truth. But the fear at the back of his mind and the numbing sleep were now dragging him back. He heard her whisper a “yes” as he drifted off. He would tell her the truth of his existence at the crack of dawn and leave. She deserved the truth, but she didn’t need a monster in her life. But right now, this peace was wonderful and he was going to keep it for one last time.


I'm back from a looong hiatus thanks to my wonderful college. I'm on my summer break, but I'm also working through summer. I will attempt to update all my fics as much as possible and I hope you guys support me through this. 

 

I'm sorry this is such a terrible chapter but my brain is full of fluff and cotton right now.

Thank you for supporting this story and i hope you guys will continue to do so. I appreciate every single one of you

Comments and feedback are loved :)