22

Red

“I believe you have something that belongs to me darling.” Hyeji started at the voice; rising from her position on the ground she looked around at the darkness around her. Spotting a light which slowly took shape, it morphed; twisting and turning as it grew into a tall male figure. Hyeji stood up, facing what she could only describe as an astral figure. Her voice shook.

“What do you want?”

“What you have…” he grinned, Hyeji blinked “you look like that lady I wanted, did you know that?” the grin turned into a smirk.

“I- I look like Joohyun?”

“Was that her name? Brave. How I desired her though, pretty pretty red cloak, such supple skin, exquisite scent.”

“You desired her?” Hyeji gaped, a thousand thoughts went through her mind she heard him scoff.

“Silly girl, I didn’t love her. We are souls on two different planes. No, I wanted to destroy her, have her blood and flesh.” He shot her a predatory look taking a step forward. “She was on my territory. You are on my territory. That god forsaken hunter stopped me!” He snarled as Hyeji took a step back, guard up. His eyes softened as his lips stretched into another smirk, showing a gaping hole where the canine needed to be “oh but he suffered, I made sure of that.”

“You made more than just him suffer,” Hyeji pursed her lips, fear now taken over by anger “these woods were shared by animals and humans before it became your territory. We’ve always had mutual cohabitation.”

“Child, I do not follow human ethics or whatever it is.” He dismissed her as she looked him with gritted teeth.

“So everyone suffers because you marked this wood as your territory?”

The wolf-man looked at her like she had stated the obvious. She glared at the figure.

“You’re dead now, it is no longer your territory.”  To which she got a wolfish grin in response.

“You see, something is holding me back. And it’s dragged you here. So I’m assuming your soul is what I need to release me.”

Hyeji froze at the predatory look being shot towards her. How on earth was she supposed to give up her soul just like that?

“Think about how much easier it would have been if your grandmother or whatever person had just given me her blood. That boy and his family wouldn’t be suffering then. Come now dear, just a taste, and everything will be set right.” The wolf said, slowly circling her.

“Why don’t you think about how much easier it would have been if you hadn’t wasted the rest of your soul pining for a single human’s flesh?”

“Have you ever thought about the fact that his suffering is your fault? You carry the burden of your ancestor’s actions,” The wolf spat back “here I am being kind and offering you a chance at making things right.” He added, voice gentle as he reached over to caress the side of her face, only to have her slap the ethereal hand away.

“Do not touch me.”

“Think about the boy. He’s holding your body and weeping right now. Pathetic, he’s in love with such a creature that has put him in this position.” The figure snarled at Hyeji as she steeled herself.

“Imagine what I would be doing to him if I left him then. Causing the problem and leaving him alone? I doubt it,” She said softly before looking up “I will return to him and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.”

The wolf had begun circling her again before it paused to throw its head back and laugh.

“How do you think you will escape?”

Hyeji’s finger’s gripped at the tooth which hung around her neck by a string and turned to face the beast.

“I will fight you till I can.”

“You think you can leave by ending me?” there was a smirk on the creature’s lips as Hyeji looked into its pearlescent eyes.

“Why don’t you try and find out?” she challenged. There was only possible way to send the wolf’s soul to wherever it belonged, and she was going to take it. The wolf charged with a snarl leaping into the air as it pounced on her. Hyeji held her breath and her hands forth.

Only this could possibly save her.


I'm kinda back. Considering I am working, not so very back. But back enough.

This is really trashy you guys, I'm so sorry ;_;