Episode 2: This is war!

You Can't Fall For Mr. Perfect

 

Episode 2: This is war!

 

"Stop staring at me like that, it's disgusting" he scoffed.

I immediately steadied myself and lowered my cap on my eyes, I mean face, there was no way for me to allow him to see my blushing face... no, there was no way I would allow him to know that I was a girl to begin with!

I know that my name is Jin, which is a boyish name, yes, I got mistook for a boy too many times for me to count not only because of my name but also for the weird taste in clothes that I had; I hated the color pink, I never wore a dress or a skirt before, not even when Yumiko tried to force me into one when we were kids! And also, I always kept my hair short.

Now that it came to this stupid situation! I should've guessed that somebody was here already from the posters and the decorative toys! And it's not like the academy would paint a girl's room in blue!

"Ha...haha and now you're spacing out" he laughed, but I had a feeling it was in mockery rather than pleasure. "Now look!"

I could feel his hand get a hold of my head so firmly and he adjusted my cap to the side and forced my face up,

"Now I'm more certain that this small head of yours doesn't contain any brain in it"

I was too surprised to react, and I found myself looking at his extremely beautiful face, that drew closer to mine.

"Listen up," he spoke among his gritted teeth and he was glaring at me, "I don't know why you're getting red but let's be clear..."

He clutched the tip of my shirt and lifted my whole weight up.

"You and I can never be roommates, you hear?"

I gulped.

"So take your stuffs and leave immediately and I might be nice enough to you if we ever see each other"

He smirked in a sick way.

"W...Wait..."

He put me back on the ground and started to pull me by the wrist, ignoring my pleading.

"I said wait!" I yelled

That was it, I lost my temper, and I used my other hand to grip his.

"Huh? You dare to touch me now?" He glared back at me over his shoulder.

I looked at him and said:

"I asked you to wait"

"And you're even speaking back at me"

I really wished he would give me the chance to explain things to him but he pulled my forearm even harsher and then pushed me against the wall, pinned me by the wrist and poked my chest with the index finger of his other hand. And that really hurt.

I was really angry, with this last move if his, I was angry at myself for being so tired to react the way I wanted to. He was bending slightly for us to be on the same eye-level. I raised my face as I felt the pain in my chest, but he suddenly had his eyes wide open.

"You..." his mouth hung slightly open as he quickly pulled his hands away at once.

I took advantage of the state he was in and I caught his hand, and twisted it as hard as I could behind his back that he groaned in pain.

"That's for looking down on me!"

"L-Let go damn it!!"

"See how I felt like a few seconds ago?!" I yelled at him,

"This really hurts!!"

"You deserve it!"

"Are you trying to break my arm?!"

My eyes widened slightly, he was right, I might was going a bit too far with it.

But just as I dropped my guard a bit, I got pushed down by him. I got taken aback by it and shut my eyes close thinking that this time I was really hitting the floor, I screamed involuntarily.

However...

I felt myself being wrapped in his arms.

I opened my eyes, we were both on the floor but he caught me in his embrace and my face was against his bare chest.

My heart started to thump, and I felt strangely hot.

That feeling was so flustering.

"A-Are you ok?"

His voice pulled me back to reality.

"Hey!"

I couldn't bring myself to say anything. I was feeling very weird and awkward. But I quickly got up and so did he. I covered my cheeks that were all heated up.

"I'm burning!"

I muttered in panic.

"Hey... you..."

But I rushed outside, I couldn't bring myself to spend another second in that room.

________________

I hurried to the elevator, adjusted my cap and clothes and as soon as its door closed, I collapsed on my knees.

"W-Why am I... this anxious and flustered?!"

It's not like I never saw a shirtless guy before!

I mean, while training, it's not like...
*A picture of his face lingered in my mind*

"Ahhh!!! What the heck is this?!"

I started to jump around as I covered my face.

I must never meet that guy ever again!

And with that in mind, I rushed towards the administrative office. I was going to ask them to change my room.

________________

"W-What do you mean you can't?!" I yelled at the woman who sat to her desk and typed with her computer almost like a machine.

"We're so sorry, but there are no free rooms, and every student here has to share his or her room with a roommate" she replied nonchalantly.

"B-But! I was put with a guy in the same room and as you can see I-"

Just then, something struck my mind, and I stopped mid-sentence.

No way... could this be...

"You're clearly what?" she repeated.

"I..." I looked at her, as I backed off slightly. She adjusted her glasses and smiled.

"A tomboy right?" she laughed.

I gulped. I no longer knew where this was going to.

"Don't be scared my dear, I am just executing orders you know?" she stopped typing and instead crossed her arms. "Mr. Mikasa is the person who agreed to this current situation"

*"It'll be an experience that you won't forget!"*

I recalled my father's words.

"We told him clearly that we could not accept any female students because we were out of rooms but..." she carried on explaining,

I clenched my fists and my heels to leave with my head dropped down.

I strode forth in the corridor.

No, this isn't over yet... I won't allow anything to change me! You'll see father! I won't lose!
And I made my mind.

This game has just begun.

I wasn't paying attention to my stepping and I bumped into something... or someone;

"Hey, little buddy watch where you're going"

I felt a hand on my head and that made me jerk back, I gasped to the sight of another guy with outstanding looks, and our eyes met briefly before I averted mine.

What the heck is wrong with you Jin?!

"I-I-I'm sorry!" I said with a hesitating voice then I sprinted past the guy.

"Hey!" He called at me but I just ignored him and ran away.

_________________

I left the building from the main entrance and decided to go out and smell some fresh air.

My heartbeat was unsteady and it took me a few moments to calm myself down.

I sat by the fountain, I looked at my refection on the water's surface and reached my fingers to touch the cold liquid. It sent a small shiver in me,

"I must man up!"

No wait, that came out a bit wrong,

"I must start by telling that guy that I'm a girl and tell him that it was a misunderstanding!"

But judging from the stern response of the supervisor... Even if I get kicked out of the room by that merciless guy I'll end up roofless!

"What should I do?!" I whined as I messed my hair.

Maybe in the end I'll call my father and tell him that I'm not going to stay in this academy!

"Yes, that must be it!"

So I took my decision, and I reached for my pocket to get out my phone, however...

"Hm? My phone?" I searched in my pockets but then I found a small piece of paper instead that said:

'Your father said that you won't need your old phone while you're here so I bought you a new one, so use it merrily and...fighting!'

I crumpled the paper immediately, I could tell that it was Mr. Shin's doings.

"But then... my phone..."

I remembered that I left everything in my -I mean that guy's room!

With that in mind I hurried back to the room praying that he didn't throw my things away, seeing how he treated me earlier and that 'come-closer-and-you're-dead' aura that he had around him.

"What have I ever done to deserve this!?"

________________

"Oh..." I was certain that I was going to find my things thrown out the room but that wasn't the case.

"No, It's too early to be relieved, what if he threw them from the window instead?!"

Imagining even worst scenarios, I started to bump with my clenched fist nervously on the room's door,

"What?"

I heard footsteps getting closer and his voice uttering with a lazy tone.

I backed off instinctively. And the door before me opened, revealing the guy now that he was dressed in comfortable clothes, he yawned.

"Um..." I gulped, I might have expected a murderous glare and to get hit by my heavy stuffs on the face right away... but this...

"Oh, it's you"

I tried my best not to look awkward. But before I managed to say anything, he turned his back at me and walked inside:

"Come in"

I blinked several times.

Was I hearing things right? Or were my ears playing tricks on me?

"Didn't you hear what I said?" his tone started to get threatening and I definitely didn't want that.

"O-Ok" I obeyed.

I watched him sprout himself on the messed bed, then said:

"Don't be noisy, I want to sleep"

Huh?

I gasped.

He pulled his blanket and covered himself completely.

I couldn't understand anything. He should be angry at me for twisting his arm and intruding unannounced at his room, I tried to interpret the meaning of his actions;

Could it be that he accepted me as a roommate?

No, that'd be pretty weird and so unlike him.

Then is he only so tired to argue with me?

I looked at his bed, saw the blanket going up and down slightly and I could hear a soft snoring.

He already slept?

I shifted my gaze around the room and saw that my bag and suitcase were put neatly beside the other bed.

I rubbed my eyes, then tiptoed toward my things, and squatted down on the floor as I got out my phone carefully trying not to be noisy and wake the monster up.

I looked up at the screen and found an unread message.

The sender was my father.

My face stiffened. As I opened it:

'Hi my dear, how's Korea? Was your trip comfortable? ...'

I scrolled down the many smiley faces and I sighed

'I hope you met your roommate and I can't wait to see how this will evolve'

So I was right, this is war.

'I hope that your flower will finally bloom~
Have fun Jin-chan!'

I gritted my teeth and fists,

"What the hell is this?"

I mumbled to myself.

"Messing with his daughter's life like this, what kind of a parent is he?"

He wants my flower to bloom huh,

I'm afraid this won't happen any time sooner,

I smirked,

"Even if they know that I'm a girl... I won't allow them to treat me as one..."

And the first person I had to deal with is...

I glanced at the bed beside mine.

"This arrogant prince".

**To be continued.