Episode 10: The real him

You Can't Fall For Mr. Perfect

Episode 10: The real him

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll make it fast”

 

I heard from the other end of the door these filthy words and I wanted to vomit.

 

I took a deep breath, backed off then gave the door the best kick I could afford.

 

It fell down and I saw the shocked faces of the two bastards. I bit my tongue and nodded my head then said:

 

“Oh wow, I actually broke it! Haha!” I punched the air in excitement.

 

The two guys backed off, seeing me walk further in, I smirked at them:

 

“Now, now, this isn’t the right way to get the chick’s attention ya know?”

 

“H-H-He broke the door” the guy with the boldly nose pointed

 

I clicked my tongue.

 

“If you don’t run, next thing I’ll be breaking is your neck” I mocked

 

“Don’t be a coward now Joon, I can easily get rid of this mouse” yelled the chubby guy.

 

I backed off as if in fear:

 

“Wow, wow, easy there dude, I might be unable to sleep tonight from the nightmares you’ll be giving me”

 

“He makes my blood boil!” the chubby fellow started to become red indeed.

 

“Wait… aren’t you…?” the other one aimed his index finger at me with his jaw dropped.

 

Great, he recognizes me.

 

“Oh no! It’s really Minho!” Color drained from his face. “Let’s run for it!”

 

I was glad at the sudden change in attitude and really impressed by the wisdom of the chubby dude, as he chose to run with his friend.

 

Yep, I had a dark history in some way. But let’s not talk about it now.

 

I shifted my gaze to look at our heroine; I saw her trying to stand on her feet, she was holding into the wall. I couldn’t see her face expression because she was dropping her face and her bangs fell all over her eyes.

 

The smile got wiped off my lips to that sight, I saw her slouch slightly and I leaped to help her, instinctively.

 

“Are you ok?”

 

She didn’t say anything, I looked down at her, as I sensed her shivering slightly.

 

Is she really… this terrified?

 

I lowered myself slowly down, I glimpsed tears running down her cheeks. I was very surprised. I pushed her wet bangs aside and saw her staring with a fixed gaze.

 

What’s wrong with her?

 

“Hey, Mika- … Jin! Say something, Jin!” I shook her slightly by the shoulders. “Hey!!”

 

She didn’t seem alright, at all:

 

“Listen, Let’s go to the nurse’s office ok?” I suggested,

 

I was very perplexed and in the same time, frightened.

 

I took her arm and wrapped it around my neck as I held into it, then supported her with my body.

 

“Can you walk like this?”

 

But she didn’t reply.

 

“Curse this!” I was annoyed “You’re not that weak now Mikasa! Get a hold of yourself!” I shouted.

 

I felt the stiffness in her body disappear slowly, and instead, I heard her sniffle.

 

I got a bit relived, now that she reacted to a thing I said.

 

However, she seemed alarmed all of a sudden, and pulled herself away from me, bracing herself she glared at me and yelled:

 

“D-Don’t get near me!”

 

I was speechless at her deed,

 

“Wait, calm down” I tried not to provoke her in that state.

 

“I won’t! No! Stay away from me!” She backed off and off until her back touched the closet, she then fell slowly to her knees “Leave me alone… I beg of you” she dropped her face and covered it with her palms.

 

My heart started to race, and I felt so torn seeing her like that. But I closed my eyes and clenched my fist as I obeyed to her wish, I left her alone like she wanted, but not because she did. Truth is, I wasn’t feeling quite myself and weird things started to float in my mind so I decided to retreat. Not being as heartless as I appear though, I sent a message to my beloved rival and that was like hitting two birds with a stone.

_____________________________________________

 

(Her POV)

 

It was really cold, and I got pain all over my body, but I wasn’t crying because of any of that… It’s just, that tears streamed down by their own and I didn’t know why.

 

At first I was under the shock of what was happened, and thinking about it got even more afraid.

 

I reached my limits.

 

Even the strongest of people can’t endure all of this by their own, and I just realized that back home, I wasn’t really alone as I thought.

 

This place made me realize what real loneliness felt like.

 

I hugged my knees and laid my head on top of them.

 

“I must let all the sadness out right here, no matter what, I mustn’t allow anyone…” I sniffled as I wiped my tears with my palms “When I go back to my room, or to class…”

 

Just then, running footsteps approached closer and closer, I was too stunned to grasp the situation. I had to get up to my feet.

 

“JIN!”

 

Someone appeared before me, calling my name and before I could even raise my face to look at them, I got wrapped in a tight hug.

 

“Don’t do it!”

 

“J-Jin?” I couldn’t believe it was really him.

 

“C-Calm down ok?” he my head, still hugging me. “That good-for-nothing Minho made sure that the ones who hurt you are going to be punished severely”

 

He uttered out in one breath, and kept my head.

 

“So don’t just act recklessly! If you die there must be someone who would feel sad!”

 

What’s… he talking about?

 

“Let’s go back to our room and forget about this whole thing”

 

Is this really… happening now?

 

“Here,” he curled himself “Hop on my back, you must be too exhausted to walk”

 

If I was in a normal state I would’ve laughed so hard, but now, I was too bewildered.

 

“Come on” he’s even encouraging me to do it.

 

I still didn’t move, I mean, I just didn’t know what to do.

 

“Do you rather me carrying you around like a princess?” He started to steady himself.

 

No, that’d be too much for me to handle.

 

I took a deep breath and did as he asked, a bit hesitating.

 

Just what did Minho tell him to make him act this way?

_________________________________________

 

I was wrapping my arms around Jin’s neck, my head on his stiff shoulder and I really blushed hard when I sensed the heat of his back.

 

“Will you be ok carrying someone like me around?” I shyly asked.

 

“That’s a stupid question.”

 

I regretted asking, so I dropped my head and I wasn’t really noticing that my face was partly buried in his shirt, that I could smell his scent.

 

What am I doing for the love of…

 

“Are you feeling comfortable enough? Do you sense any pain?” He questioned in an overly affectionate voice.

 

No, this now… is really distrustful.

 

He stopped walking. I blinked.

 

“Now listen” he turned his face slightly to the side and looked at me from the corner of his eye and him being that close almost gave me a heart attack. “Aren’t you going to stop ignoring my questions?”

 

Not when I’m feeling like this!

 

“Hey, Jin” he shook me slightly “Don’t you dare pass out on my back, hey”

 

His voice was monotone.

 

“I’m not! Now can you stop shaking me?!”

 

“Are you sure?” He sounded in a deadly serious way.

 

Oh this is too much.

 

I started to slowly grin,

 

“Pfft…” I tried to stop myself from laughing.

 

“That’s a relief” he sighed.

 

“Hmm?” I blinked “What?”

 

He looked back at me and smiled:

 

“To see you back to your usual self”

 

Mikasa Jin, you’re so in trouble!

Moron, act this way and he’ll be able to hear your heartbeat.

This is happening to me only because I’m nervous and all! Not because of whatever crap you're thinking!

Either ways he’ll be hearing it in no time.

 

“NO HE WON’T!” I found myself yelling louder than I should. I felt ashamed of my deeds again and chose to drop my gaze down.

 

It’s almost a miracle for him not to make fun of me. This was maybe a good sign, for a fresh start…

 

Or maybe, just an act of pity.

 

Yes, probably that’s it. Because Jin tried so far to keep a distance from me and he even wishes for me to leave. I mustn’t forget this.

 

Jin and I, could never… be roommates… or even friends.

 

I laid my head down, looking the other way and not at Jin. I was trying not to allow myself to lose my enthusiasm.

 

_________________________________

 

“Jin” his voice interrupted the silence, “I want to ask a favor from you”

 

What was this now all of a sudden?

 

“I made up my mind… concerning having you as my roommate”

 

Huuuh?

 

I jerked, as he was lowering me down slowly on the bed in the nurse’s office.

 

He helped me to lie my body on the bed:

 

“I’m ok with you as my roommate”

 

He uttered. I almost choked on air.

 

“But first… you and I…”

 

He and with no second thoughts, got his body over mine, looking down in my eyes.

 

W-W-What’s…h-h-h-he…doing?!

 

I immediately flinched and shut my eyes close, starting to shake my head:

 

“Have you gone mad? What do you think you’re doing?!” I muttered

 

Even someone who never dated before or even was interested in boys knew what that move of his suggested.

 

He had a wide-eyed look on his face.

 

“There’s no way for me to go that low! Being roommates with you be damned, I would never do such things with someone… I barely even know!”

 

“Huh?” his expression became unreadable.

 

“And I was naïve enough to think that you really…” I lowered my voice.

 

I was too upset, never thought that Jin was that kind of person.

 

“Wait! Wait!” he suddenly shouted “What the heck did you think I was doing?!” he slightly blushed, and immediately lifted himself up.

 

“So you mean… you weren’t actually talking about…”

 

He facepalmed:

 

“Is that head of yours empty or what?” he sounded troubled “How could you possibly think that I was the same as the two guys who tried to harass you?!”

 

I stared at him as I seated myself up slowly:

 

“You’re not?”

 

“You’re still asking?!” he looked really shocked.

 

“Then… what was you going to say?”

 

Oh, what a relief! So Jin didn’t lose his sanity in the end!

 

I guess whatever his request is, I won't find any issues doing it as long as he stays loyal to his words and treats me nicely.

 

“Haha, I’m sure I can do it then” I said with confidence.

 

He watched me for few seconds then said:

 

“Ok, since you said that…” he took my hands in his and looked me in the eyes:

 

"I want you to be..." he paused "my girlfriend"

 

*******To be continued.