Episode 13: Her oppa

You Can't Fall For Mr. Perfect

Episode 13: Her oppa

 

(Her POV)

 

Why did Minho come this early!? Crap, I don’t want him to see me like this!

 

I raised my head quickly, hearing footsteps getting closer and realizing that students are coming.

 

I glimpsed at Minho who was erasing the board that was filled with math equations.

 

Soon then, our classmates came and the classroom was filled with lively chatter.

 

I preferred to occupy myself with the textbook, I even wore glasses so they won’t see my swollen eyes.

 

“Good morning Minho oppa” the girls seemed like they went over to Minho.

 

“Good morning princesses” he replied.

 

He didn’t even respond when I greeted him earlier.

 

But still, he said it himself that if he was nice to girls it’s because he’s pretending and if he isn’t then…

 

He probably finds them unworthy of his attention.

 But I must keep in mind that despite all what he did or said to me, he still helped me many times and he was the one who saved me last time so I pretty much forgive anything he does.

 

I tried to make myself cheerful.

 

Is it me or did the room become a bit darker all of a sudden.

 

I raised my head and saw everyone surrounding my desk.

 

“Now, now, don’t you have guts for showing up after what you did yesterday?” A girl asked me, her eyes shooting daggers at me.

 

“Wasn’t it enough for you to break my arm, and now you’re causing my buddies to get expelled?!” It was the guy I beat up that day, he had now his arm wrapped in a bandage.

 

“But…” I tried to defend myself.

 

“You’re like a fierce animal that needs to be caged”

 

But I was only…

 

“Just because you’re strong doesn’t mean that you can do what you want without getting punished” they started to close up on me.

 

Why are they like this? What have I ever done to harm them?

 

I closed my eyes and braced myself, even if I got hit I thought that my body could endure it… As long as it will make them calm down eventually.

 

Yet,

 

“Stop!”

 

Someone yelled all of a sudden. They all backed off and I was surprised to see Minho shaking his head and clicking his tongue:

 

“Don’t just take it so far only because she isn’t saying anything to defend herself”

 

Huh?

 

“What? Minho oppa are you…?”

 

“Siding with her?” he stood beside me and pulled me unexpectedly by the shoulder closer to him “Yes I am”

 

All of them gasped, and he didn’t seem the least shaken by it:

 

“You guys started it, she never actually tried to get close to any of you but you approached her, and only to bully her, your intentions were never good towards her” he laughed “So she had to defend herself.”

 

None of them dared to protest as Minho carried on speaking:

 

“And so… since most of you only view things from a single tiny corner, the reason that guy is losing his buddies is because they tried to do horrible things to Jin back when all of you were showering after the P.E class”

 

They looked even more surprised at what he said.

 

“So from now on, if any of you tried to hurt Jin, he must go past me first” he clenched his fist and aimed his thumb at his chest.

 

M-Minho?

 

And he let go of me, then sat to the desk in front of mine as if nothing happened.

 

The teacher came just then, and classes started with none of us believing what Minho did.

_____________________________________

 

“So today, I’ll be dividing you in groups of pairs to do the project”

 

The music teacher suggested.

 

A project? During music class?

 

“You’re going to compose a song and play it in front of the class in 2 weeks from now”

 

Wow, great… I love music… but I hate singing.

 

“So I’m going to depend on your seating positions to decide the pairs…”

 

Wait, but then I’m…

 

Minho raised his thumb at me and looked back smiling sweetly.

 

So I’m really paired with him?!

 

“Let’s work hard from now on!”

 

He nodded at me as he did the shooter gesture with his hands.

______________________________

 

(After class)

 

I should leave quickly, I didn’t want to make things awkward for Minho.

 

He probably helped me for a reason, or just to display how cool he was because everyone seemed to accept what he did and girls have gone even crazier about it.

 

I was rashly gathering my things and stuffing them in my back-bag, then started to stride toward the exit to get yanked by the arm suddenly.

 

 “Aren’t you being too cold toward me Jin?”

 

And that was no other but Minho who was still sitting to his desk, now looking at me with his head being held by his hand.

 

“B-But…”

 

Didn’t he make it clear that he wanted nothing to do with me before?

 

I’m so perplexed.

 

“No buts” he pushed his chair back and got up, still gripping my forearm. “You and I have a project to do together”

 

Somewhat his smirk is telling me to stay cautious. Jin was right; Minho is a bit weird.

 

He s his arm around my shoulder, apparently a habit of his, and started to guide me to the door although I tried to make it obvious that I refused to cooperate.

 

“Hey! Minho oppa wait!”

“Yeah! Aren’t you going to have lunch with us?!”

 

He halted, making me stop as well and I was really impressed at his physical strength, once again:

 

“No, No, princesses” he clicked his tongue and spoke with a dramatic voice “Today, me and my partner Jin must discuss about our future projects”

 

Future what?!

 

Why does it sound wrong?

 

I looked at him, with my eyebrow raised in suspicion but he was nodding at them with another perfect smile. He suddenly glanced my way, and our eyes met, I felt a bit… self-conscious and I quickly directed my gaze away.

 

“Hm? Jin-ssi, why are suddenly looking away?”


Did he just call me Jin-ssi?

 

“Ha…?” I gaped, “I…I wasn’t…”

 

“As partners, there are some rules that you must follow, Jin-ssi, and the first is…” his finger held my jaw and made me face him “You must always look at me when I’m talking to you”

 

The girls who were looking at us covered their mouths in shock, our faces were close enough and if anyone was to see us right now they’d think that we’re…

 

Suddenly Minho’s eyes widened slightly, and I could hear squeals coming from behind me,

 

“AH!! It’s class B’s Jin oppa! Ahhh!!”

 

J-J-Jin they say?!

 

Oh no, Oh no, why from all the times he had to show up…?!

 

And what was even stranger, Minho didn’t let go and instead pulled my face closer that the tips of our noses almost touched, but just then, I got grabbed by the arm.

 

***Ran-chan's note: Danger by BTS started playing while I'm writing this next part! OMG d(>///o///<)b***

 

Minho snickered as he was forced to let go of me, and the first thing I saw when I looked back was Jin’s hostile glare, which was directed surprisingly to no one other than Minho:

 

“Oh, oh, why are you looking at me like that?” Minho sounded rather ironic as he raised his hands in the air.

 

W-What have I done!?

 

As soon as Jin glanced at me, I jerked, because the last time I saw him this angry was when I got on his nerves and mocked his tastes.

 

But this time, it seemed more terrifying than that,

 

“W-What are you…?!” My voice shook as I looked at him.

 

Everyone are watching, and even students from other classes. He jerked me closer from my wrist and spoke up:

 

“What were you doing with that guy just now?” his voice was oddly cold.

 

My guts vanished at that moment and my thoughts got mixed in a muddle: Is he acting? Is he really angry because I was with Minho for real? Is he teasing me?!

 

“Answer me!” he screamed and shook my arm, pulling me back to the situation.

 

“I… wasn’t doing anything…” I tried to muster up a bit of courage “Minho and I weren’t doing anything wrong!” I yelled back at him.

 

“Oh really?”

 

Why does it seem like his anger is rising by the second?

 

“So you’re saying that it’s ok for you to be that close to a guy…” he closed the small gape between our bodies, making me blink.

 

Why is he doing this?! Even if it’s just acting, he’s taking it a bit too far:

 

“Stop being narrow-minded! Minho was just being friendly” I protested.

 

“A friend huh” he repeated, with immense irritation “If mere friendliness can reach that level then…”

 

He suddenly leaned his face closer, using his other hand to catch the back of my head, and he sealed my lips with his.

 

My heart was almost leaping out of my throat, and even though I tried to get away from him, his grip was very tight and I slowly felt strength draining from my legs, if he let go of me I would collapse to the ground.

 

Everyone around us gasped, looking more startled than I did,

 

“Your boyfriend is allowed to go this far right?” My face flashed red, and I was left speechless.

 

“No way! No way! Boyfriend he says”

“She of all people!?”

“But Jin oppa never officially dated before!”

 

More of that talk started to arise, but I got dragged by Jin slowly out of the classroom, going through all of the students that gathered.

__________________________

 

“Are you ok?” he asked, as both of us rode the elevator together. I was still in an extreme shock.

 

I don’t know what to respond. There was an unexplainable feeling rising within me, I wanted to scream, to yell at him, to punch him so hard and yet, my body wouldn’t listen to what I was thinking.

 

I covered my cheeks -that were very red with my palms as I looked at my reflection on the mirrored-wall, and I saw through it Jin leaning against the other wall, he was folding his arms and facing the roof, with his eyes shut and eyebrows knitted.

 

Why did you do that? I wish I could ask him that question and get rid of this headache of mine.

 

“I know… I went too far…” he was lightly bumping the back of his head on the wall, still on his same standing posture.

 

T-That was… my first kiss!” I yelled, still embarrassed. “You stole it away you jerk!” I buried my face in my palms.

 

“Huh?” he tilted his head at me.

 

Yes, I did it on purpose! I was scolding him in Japanese so he wouldn’t understand a word! So I’ll be able to release my anger freely;

 

I never kissed a guy before! Maybe unlike someone as popular as you, a kiss like that wouldn’t mean anything! But to me…” I clenched my fists. “It was something I treasured… and wanted to do with someone special

 

I blurted all of that in one breath, that I started to pant, glaring at Jin.

 

“Don’t be like that, I never kissed a girl before either!” he hesitantly blurted.

 

E-Eh?

 

Here comes the mental breakdown~

 

Did he… understand all… what…I...?

 

My brain went blank. As he got closer to me, he was about to say something but I quickly pushed him away, took the chance of the elevator’s door opening and I dashed away.

 

“How embarrassing! I can’t believe he understood all of it! Ahhh!!!” I mumbled.

 

“Wait! Jin!” I could hear his voice getting lower since I was running at a high speed.

 

How the am I going to stay with him in the same room from now on?!

 

*****To be continued.