Episode 29: Vacation Time!

You Can't Fall For Mr. Perfect

Episode 29: Vacation time!

 

The flight went just as lively as the bus-ride, and the time fled by quickly.

 

I heard that Busan was a nice city, and that it’s famous for its beaches and resorts.

 

“I heard that we’ll be staying in a five-star hotel!” Minho was the most excited among the four of us.

 

“Yeah, dad sure knows how to arrange a high-end vacation” So Ra looked bored as she gazed from the window.

 

“I can’t wait to go to the beach!” I clapped my hands together.

 

“Aww, our sweet shortcake is eager to show us her swimsuit!” Minho mimicked So Ra’s tone.

 

“S-Swimsuit?!” I blushed immediately regretting what I said.

 

“I knew you’re a ert” So Ra punched his head.

 

“Pfft” Jin snorted lightly and pretended not to pay attention.

 

***

 

Everyone received the keycards of their rooms.

 

“Room number 1789…” Minho snatched my card “Hmm, too bad we’re not in the same room”

 

He sighed.

 

“Haha of course that will never happen, a girl and a boy staying in the same room is out of the question” So Ra was tossing her card playfully.

 

I checked my room number, it was 1209 probably in a different floor than Minho’s room, then I looked at Jin’s, it showed 1310, both of us stared at each other’s cards then laughed at the same time.

 

“That’s my birthday’s date!” we uttered at the same time, pointing at each other’s cards. Then we blinked.

 

“Huh?” So Ra looked at my card, then had her eyes widen “Oh my God, that’s my brother’s birthday” she then giggled.

 

“You’re born on the 13th of October?” Jin asked in bewilderment. “For real?”

 

I nodded.

 

Tsk, you guys are very annoyingly cheesy” Minho’s tone reflected his feigned jealousy.

 

My room’s number is the year in which France’s people revolution started” So Ra seemed to know so much about France that it made me curious to ask about it “I suddenly feel like a genius in history” she bragged.

 

“Tsk, everyone’s numbers seems to be special except for mine” Minho whined, “Just what the hell could 1789 refer to?”

 

“W-What?” So Ra looked like she was struck by lightning and immediately snatched away Minho’s card “1-1789?!”

 

She looked at him with wide eyes and he laughed.

 

What? Could it be the year in which this ajumma was born?” he joked.

 

“This is unacceptable! Really unacceptable!” she pulled Minho by the ear “We should do something about this mess!”

 

“What mess?! Ouch! Are you trying to tear out my ear?!”

 

“Could they possibly be…?” I held my jaw

 

“Sharing the same room?” Jin continued.

 

If that’s the case, then maybe we’re not the only cheesy ones.

 

Oh, poor Minho.

 

***

 

(Minho’s POV)

 

“Listen up!” I pointed my index finger at So Ra. “This is your fault, I’m sure you made your father do it on purpose!”

 

I was having a mental-breakdown, after talking for almost 20 minutes with the teachers and supervisors they all said that the possibility of rebooking another room was impossible at the moment and that we had to wait until the following day.

 

“What? My fault?” she huffed “How many times do I have to repeat myself for you to understand?”

 

“If you’re really against the idea then why are you already arranging your stuffs in the closet?!”

 

“Humph, what else did you expect? Of course you’ll be the one to get kicked out of the room” she laughed.

 

This is really more than I can handle.

 

I rushed to where she stood and pushed her aside:

 

“Until I get kicked out as you said, I’ll be putting my things in here too!” I pulled out my underwear first.

 

“Kya!” she let out a yelp “D-Disgusting!”

 

“I didn’t comment anything about your childish undergarments so you should do the same!”

 

C-Childish?!” she blushed and braced herself.

 

Hah, of course in such situations the guy has the advantage.

 

“How dare you!?” She was standing a meter or so away from me and yelling, when I tried to ignore her and just put my clothes in the drawers.

 

“Ah! This can’t be happening to me!” she literally exploded then tossed her luckily empty suitcase at me before she slammed the bathroom’s door shut.

 

“What a barbarian!” I made sure to say it loud enough for her to hear it and curse back at me.

 

She really needs to stop throwing her things at me.

 

I closed the closet’s doors and headed toward the big glass window.

 

“Wow it’s the ocean!” I stuck my face and palms to the window and observed the breathtaking scenery.

 

“I won’t give away this room no matter what… even if I had to make the C.E.O himself interfere”

 

I smirked.

 

I wonder what will her reaction be when she hears that this hotel will be mine in the near future.

 

She opened the bathroom’s door and came out frowning, her phone clutched in her hand.

 

“What? Did you possibly get an unsatisfying call?” the more miserable she gets, the brighter my mood becomes.

 

“Humph!” she raised her face in a snobby way and walked toward the sofa ignoring me.

 

I went over at her, still smiling and pulled my phone out of my pocket then dialed a number, clearing my throat.

 

“Tsk, what a show-off” she muttered annoyingly.

 

“Hello? Mr. C.E.O?”

 

“Do you expect me to believe that?” she stood up and folded her arms.

 

“Yeah, it’s me, Minho” I could hear my father’s surprised voice on the other end of the line.

 

‘How’s the suite? Did you like it?’ he asked with a laugh.

 

“It’s great, and I called especially to talk to you about it” My eyes wandered away from So Ra’s suspicious face.

 

‘What? Is there anything you dislike about the room?’

 

“Not exactly the room, but the roommate to be precise”

 

‘Roommate? You mean Miss Park?’

 

“Huh?!” I gasped.

 

“Haha, stop pretending already, this trick became old-fashioned” she waved her palm in my face and snatched away my phone.

 

“Hey! Give it back!” I reached my hand at it but she put it to her ear and started to speak:

 

“Oh hello? Mr. fake C.E.O, please don’t interrupt mine and my boyfriend’s time together ok? Now bye” and she hung up.

 

“WHAT HAVE YOU JUST DONE?!” I gripped my head, not believing what she just said.

 

“Drop the act already” she handed me back the phone.

 

“That was my father!!” I stated in shock.

 

“Huh?!” she blinked. “You mean…” her voice trailed.

 

My phone started to ring and the two of us looked at the caller’s ID which was ‘Dad’

 

“B-But didn’t you call him Mr. C.E.O?!” she started to panic.

 

“Yes, because he is the C.E.O of this hotel! Ah! Seriously! You’re not just a barbarian, but also a dimwit!”

 

“D-Don’t pick up!” she clutched my hands. “L-Let him think that he’s calling the wrong number!”

 

“I can’t do.. that” I had a hard time pulling my hands away from hers. “I need to clear this stupid misunderstanding especially that he knows that I’m staying with you in this room!”

 

“H-He knows?!”

 

I picked up the call.

 

“Hey! This is so embarrassing! Oh my goodness!” she was shaking me by the arm and kept squirming.

 

***

(Jin’s POV)

 

All the students gathered at lunchtime in the hotel’s restaurant.

 

“How’s your room Jin?” Jin asked with a curious tone “You’re not getting in the same situation as Minho and So Ra aren’t you?” he raised a brow at me.

 

“Haha, of course not, I have a sunbae as a roommate, and she’s pretty much a silent type”

 

No matter how many times I tried to start a conversation with her, she just ignored me.

 

“Well, mine is a classmate and he’s really really talkative” he held his forehead and shook his head.

 

“Haha probably he kept talking to his own self judging from your reaction”

 

Just then, Minho and So Ra came to join us, both of them looked like they came from a battlefield with a defeat.

 

“What happened to you?” I asked a bit concerned as I saw their disappointed face expressions.

 

“Yeah, where did your energy go?”

 

So Ra sat next to Hyun Jin and tagged on his arm, leaning her head on his shoulder.

 

“Oppa~” she whined “Oppa am I not your dear sister?”

 

“You are” he patted her head.

 

“Then convince your friend to sleep in the terrace tonight!” she started to sob, for real.

 

What? So they really ended up in the same room?!

 

I covered my mouth as I looked at Minho who looked expressionless.

 

“I’d rather stay with anyone but him!!” she sobbed into Jin’s shirt and he looked troubled. “Then do you want me to convince my roommate to switch with you?"

 

Jin truly is a caring brother.

 

Huh?! You want me to share that beautiful room with a dude?!” Minho suddenly yelled.

 

The three of us gave him a look of surprise:

 

“I-I mean… I still want to have the room for myself, it’s enough for me already to be sharing my room in the academy with a dude who spends the whole night snoring and giving me nightmares for the whole year! Besides, this is called a vacation, we’re supposed to relax!” he protested sharply, stammering.

 

And of course it didn’t look like I could switch with So Ra as well, ending up with Minho as a roommate, that’s out of the question.

 

“It’s still early to get depressed, they said we’ll be going to the aquarium for the afternoon!” I did my best to lighten the mood and smile.

 

“Oh! I love fish!” Minho pointed “I want to dive and swim with them!”

 

“And I want to see that” Hyun Jin stated as he munched his food.

 

“I’ll take pictures!” I raised my palm.

 

“Nobody thinks about me~” So Ra dropped her head down and sighed.

 

***

We had a great time in Busan’s Aquarium, I took pictures of the large aquariums and skeletons, So Ra and Hyun Jin went to see Minho diving and he really was up to the challenge and wasn’t just saying it.

 

I was busy checking out the weird looking fish and didn’t notice that the others left already, until it got very quiet and I started to pay attention to their disappearance.

 

I looked over my shoulder to suddenly get stunned and jerk back:

 

“Y-You scared me!” I clutched my chest, it was no other than my roommate.

 

“Ah, I’m s-sorry” she dropped her head and bowed slightly at me.

 

“N-No need to bow, hehe, it’s my fault for overreacting!” I didn’t want things to get awkward between us.

 

“That’s a relief” she sighed.

 

“Um, and what brought you here, Yuna?” I asked her with a kind smile.

 

“I… I have something that… y-your boyfriend asked me to give you t-this” she shyly handed me a folded piece of paper.

 

“Hm? Jin did?” I wondered. And she nodded.

 

“O-Ok, thanks” I smiled and unfolded the paper, it was the building’s map and it had a cross with the words 'Come, I'll be waiting for you here' jotted beside it.

 

I wonder how did he manage to leave So Ra and Minho alone.

 

I asked one of the guides about the location and he showed me the directions.

 

***To be continued...