Episode 16: Being a girl..

You Can't Fall For Mr. Perfect

Episode 16: Being a girl..

 

(Her POV)

 

I was the first to arrive at the classroom this morning.

 

As for how awkward last night was, well, I wrapped myself in my blanket. I was too ashamed to show my face.

I couldn’t think too hard about it, because I was very tired, that as soon as I closed my eyes, I immediately fell asleep. When I woke up in the morning, I found no trace of Jin on the other bed. Thinking that he left somewhere, I felt a bit relieved but that didn’t last long since I’ve found him sleeping on the sofa of the living room. So I got myself ready fast and hurried to leave, I didn’t even had breakfast because I certainly did not want to make any noise.

 

At least he was kind enough to listen to my request last night.

 

***

 

I sighed as I started to leaf through the book I had on my desk. There’s still plenty of time left before homeroom. I was concentrating on what I had in hands until I heard footsteps.

 

Who could come this early?

 

I got slightly curious to know when the person came in class:

 

“’Morning!”

 

It was Minho. He was dressed in lively colors and greeting me cheerfully with the most dazzling smile I ever saw. I quickly dropped my sight down.

 

What he has done to me was unforgivable.

 

And despite my indifference, he placed his belongings on his desk then sat on his chair, facing me.

 

“How are you today, partner?” he reached his hand toward my hair but I slapped it away, making his eyes widen.

 

I then stood up and tried to gather my stuff in a rush.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong with you? Being suddenly cold-”

 

“Stop pretending! I get it ok?”

 

“Get it?” he rose from his seat and came my way “Get what?” he asked.

 

My blood was boiling and he’s still feigning ignorance.

 

“Hey, Jin-“ But I cut him mid-sentence and yelled:

 

“You’re the winner alright? You were brilliant, by making a fool out of me.”

 

“What do you mean?!” he looked at me questionably, and I could feel my face getting heated up.

 

I completely trusted him and yet, he betrayed that trust.

 

There was no way for me to speak about it now… after having a hard time last night trying to forget it.

 

Last night, Minho brought me clothes to change into, saying that he got them from a friend and that made me too grateful. After making sure that he left, I got changed fast almost in the dark because the lights were getting turned off slowly as I heard a voice announcing through the wall-speakers that students had 15 more minutes to go back to their dorms so I had to make it fast. I didn’t really pay attention to what I was wearing and I just focused on heading back as soon as possible, noticing the strange looks I was getting from some of the students that I came across, until the bitter fact hit me hard as I saw my reflection in one of the wall mirrors. Yes, at that time, I realized why the clothes felt strangely light on my body.

I fell into a deep black hole. I was overcame with shame. I kept hiding my face while trying not to get identified by anyone.

 

“Hey, wait!” I was walking towards a different desk but he yanked my arm.

 

“What do you want? Didn’t I tell you that you won? There, you had another girl to add to the number of the ones you deceived” I blurted, glaring at him.

 

“That’s bull!” he shouted “Oh I know, maybe Jin told you some crap and you already believed it” he snickered in irritation. “That bastard…”

 

Why’s he so vulgar?! Did he think that he could speak like that to me just because I’m not girly enough?

 

I gritted my teeth and started to shake off his grip but his hand wouldn’t budge:

 

“Instead of thanking me for helping you last night… I never thought you could be this kind of person, Mikasa”

 

“Help?” I was staggered “Yeah, maybe at first I really believed that you might’ve changed for the best and genuinely helped me but no, I was so naïve for trusting you blindly!” I still tried to shake off his hand “So let go!”

 

“I won’t!” he shouted, having an utterly pissed-off look on his face.

 

And instead of releasing me from his grip, he moved his fingers to my wrist and pulled me closer to him, looking down at me I became startled.

 

“Tell me exactly, what’s the bad thing that I’ve done to you?”

 

I gasped at his piercing gaze; it was trapping me and making it hard to escape.

 

How am I supposed to answer that question!?

 

He leaned in and we were on the same eye-level:

 

What’s he doing now, getting this close…?

 

The room was silent for a short time, and the only thing being heard was my throbbing heart. I shut my eyes close because his gaze didn’t waver and I could only bite my lip.

 

“Wait, did you possibly dislike the clothes I brought you?” he exclaimed with surprise.

 

I blinked,

 

“Wait… Ah!” he suddenly yelled as he widened his eyes. “Holy !” he looked upward. “You jerk…” his voice lowered. “You thoughtless jerk!” he let go of me and instead gripped his head.

 

I was pretty confused; Was he talking to me? Or…

 

“How can I be this careless!” he curved his back slightly.

 

Why’s he…?

 

Then he raised his face my way, still gripping his head though, and said:

 

“I’m sorry!” I blinked again to his words. “I’m so sorry!”

 

He clasped my hands in his and looked at me:

 

“I had to change into my track suit before leaving with the guys, and so I thought that you needed some clothes so I asked one of the girls…” his voice trailed and he facepalmed. “I completely forgot that you’re not-“

 

I smiled, oh my, he was so blunt.

 

“No wait…” he waved his hand quickly “I didn’t mean it that way…!” his voice shook slightly.

 

“Haha, don’t worry, there’s nothing to misunderstand” I laughed. “It’s the truth and I’m not really bothered by it”

 

“You…” he stared at me.

 

“D-Don’t allow it to bother you! Ok?” I felt a bit self-conscious. “I’m thankful to you… for being there for me during that time” I tried to sound as cheerful as I could.

 

I was a bit relieved despite everything, for the fact that Minho didn’t intentionally put me in that kind of situation. His help was authentic and he never meant to hurt me. So I mustn’t feel upset for trivial things. I said it myself: I never was viewed as a girl and I’m not intending to change that. I my heels and started to walk toward my usual desk now that things were cleared up with Minho.

 

“Wait” I stopped moving at once hearing his firm tone. I was about to glance back at him but suddenly, I found myself being wrapped in an embrace from behind.

 

I twitched in reaction to that unexpected move as I felt his warm breath against my skin.

 

“L-Let g-g-go!” I flashed red.

 

“You’re so cute” he chuckled.

 

“C-Cute you say!?” I was becoming redder by the second, and the tips of my ears felt hot.

 

What’s gotten into him suddenly?

 

“I really can’t explain the way I’m feeling now but… maybe I’ll show you” his voice was ringing in my ears.

 

“N-No! It’s really fine!” I shook my head.

 

“You know, I feel a bit sad when you act like this” he buried his face in my shoulder and I got shocked. “Can’t you realize the way I feel without me spelling it to you?”

 

Yes! I could if you just stop confusing me!

 

But no, I couldn’t say that of course.

 

“Please… stop…” I tried to look back at him.

 

“I said I’m going to show you how I felt” and after saying that, I could feel something soft against my neck.

 

Oh no! Oh no don’t tell me he just…

 

“W-Why are you acting like this?” I tried to keep my composure.

 

“For two obvious reasons…” his arms tightened around me “First, because you’re not resisting or showing any sign of defiance and secondly…” he paused “To make you understand that no matter what you do or wear… you’re still a girl to me”

 

He placed his palms on my shoulders.

 

I was about to faint, because my mind wasn’t able to comprehend all of this at once.

 

I couldn’t shake my gaze from the floor, my body was completely motionless and my cheeks were burning. I remained on that state for few moments until I suddenly came back to reality. I pushed him away, and pulled my hoodie up to cover my head then hurried to leave the classroom and stood by the wall.

 

I panted.

 

This is bad! This is bad! If Minho is truly… feeling that way then…

 

I covered my face with my palms.

 

“Oh my goodness! This is driving me crazy”

 

Recalling the sensations that overcame me earlier, I just shivered slightly.

 

I mustn’t act like this in front of Jin or he’ll misunderstand…

 

“I just need to hide this from Jin, yes”

 

“Hide what?” I jerked to the familiar voice.

 

I raised my face slowly to glimpse… Jin, frowning and folding his arms as he started to walk my way.

 

“J-Jin?!” I yelled in disbelief. “W-What are you doing here?” I blushed.

 

He stood in a way to face me and I steadied myself.

 

“I came here…” he loudly punched the wall behind me, but he shifted his field of vision towards Minho who just came out the classroom. “To claim what’s mine”

 

C-Claim…?

 

“Hah, as arrogant as usual” said Minho with a snicker.

 

“Don’t forget my warning”

 

“Don’t worry, I’m not scared of anything, including you… the headmaster’s son”

 

Jin gritted his teeth and I swallowed.

 

“Don’t waste your time, she’s my girlfriend” he pulled my arm.

 

“Yeah, but she’s my classmate and you don’t belong here” Minho pulled my other arm.

 

“Not anymore” Jin smirked “From now on, I’m your classmate as well”

 

I was stunned, unlike Minho:

 

“Maybe… but still…” Minho yanked me toward him “Jin and I are partners”

 

I looked left and right and saw that some students were making their way to the classroom but on the other hand, Minho and Jin were scowling at each other in a way that made me think that if glaring would’ve killed, none of them could’ve been standing by now.

 

Just what did I put myself into?

 

Oh father, what have I ever done to deserve this?

 

***To be continued