Episode 22: Healing a sick heart

You Can't Fall For Mr. Perfect

Episode 22: Healing a sick heart

 

(Jin's POV)

 

You’re an idiot you know that?

 

For coming all this way to see him… what if his new girlfriend comes out instead?

 

I took a deep breath, then rang the bell.

 

No matter what happens, remember, you came here to give him his stuffs and take back your suitcase.

 

I nodded at myself.

 

Few minutes passed, and there was no answer.

 

Maybe no one’s in there?

 

I was about to leave. But then the door made an opening sound.

 

I gulped as I prepared to meet whoever was to show up, however…

 

“Um...?” I tried to reach my neck to see because no one came out and the door just slightly opened.

 

“Come.. in..” a slow hoarse voice spoke from behind the door.

 

Should I really go inside?

 

But the voice… wasn’t familiar…

 

Did I possibly come to the wrong room?

 

“Come in already..” that throaty voice said again with a cough and I found myself consenting.

 

I hesitatingly pushed the door back slightly and went in, just to see Jin standing there with his head dropped down.

 

“J-Jin?” I blurted, taken by surprise.

 

He pushed the door close, but then fell slightly toward me.

 

“Oh my god!"

 

He felt heavy, very heavy, and I had a hard time standing with his body colliding with mine. I was becoming warmer by the second.

 

“W-What..” I put my hands on his shoulders to push him away, my heartbeat was racing like mad and I wanted to get away from him no matter what. “Why.. are.. you.. doing.. this?” I was clenching my teeth as I tried to push him away from me and he wasn’t budging.

 

I sighed, just to realize that he wasn’t moving or saying anything.

 

“Wait a second” I put my palm on the back of his neck, and it felt like he was really burning. I gasped.

 

“J-Jin?” I called at him. “Jin?” I tried to shake him but he only moaned.

 

Could it be that... he's sick?

 

I gulped and moved my palms to his back, and his shirt was wet with sweat. I gasped.

 

I looked around and saw the curtains swaying to the wind and the windows were all opened.

 

“Oh no”

 

“I’m.. freezing” he muttered coughing.

 

He’s terribly sick and still opened the windows?!

 

“Are you insane?” I yelled. “Why did you open the windows if you’re sick?!”

 

I started to pull him inside the room, despite how hard it was I still managed to drag him until we reached the closest sofa.

 

“You’re really… heavy!” I pushed him back lightly so that he would fall on the sofa but he pulled me together with him. And I ended up falling on top of him.

 

“You’re warm” he hugged me “Very.. warm”

 

I knew that he wasn’t completely conscious but my face heated up, being snuggled against him and his nice smell was making me numb.

 

“Y-You’re just imagining!” I came back to my senses and started to get up, brushing his hands away.

“You weren’t this strong when you were healthy damn it!” I panted.

 

Then I aimed my gaze at him.

 

I don’t know but, he certainly looks more handsome than usual.

 

What am I thinking?!

 

I shook my head.

 

“Right! The windows!” I hurried to close all of them. I then rushed to the bedroom, bringing over some blankets and spreading them on him. I also turned the heater of the room.

 

“This is really weird”

 

I’m supposed to be angry at him, and not nurse him like this.

 

I went to the bathroom and brought a small wet towel that I put on his forehead.

 

“I’ll call the academy’s doctor” it suddenly hit my mind, knowing that I read about the possibility of summoning the doctor provided by the academy using the intercom that was beside the door if any student felt sick.

 

Indeed, I was able to get connected easily with the nurse’s office and the doctor said that he’ll be over in few minutes. I sighed in relief.

 

I went to check on Jin and I found him asleep:

 

“The doctor will be here soon so you’ll be fine” I whispered gently as I watched him peacefully sleeping and unexpectedly a tear escaped my eyelids and dripped on his cheek. I quickly steadied myself and started to stride toward the door.

 

“Don’t go”

 

I halted dead in my tracks.

 

Probably I was imagining. I took another step ahead just to get held from behind,

 

“Don’t go just yet” he whispered in a way that sent shivers down my spine.

 

“B-But..” I tried to make up an excuse “I have some matters to-“

 

His arms tightened around me.

 

Oh screw this stupid heart of mine!

 

I bit my lip hard and nodded at him:

 

“Ok.. I’ll.. stay here”

 

I know that I’m going to end up sobbing later..

 

“Here, just rest for now” I helped him lie down on the sofa.

 

I picked up the blankets that he somehow managed to push down on the floor and started to cover him with them but he spread his arm and pulled me once again into his embrace.

 

“W-Wait!” but my protest was in vain. And I felt his jaw on my head as he kept hugging me closer and closer to him. “This way.. I’ll suffocate”

 

“If you remain this close, I won’t feel cold anymore”

 

But if you stay this close, I’m afraid I won’t be able to let go..

 

In the end, I remained still as he asked, being able to hear his steady heartbeat and being wrapped in his warmth, it somehow calmed me down, and stripped me from any desire of fighting back.

 

I waited until he started to snore softly and I slipped out of his hug, making sure to cover him and then headed toward the door, to get surprised when it opened on its own:

 

“Oh”

 

It was the beautiful girl and I immediately stiffened to her sight.

 

“Huh?” she tilted her head in question “Aren’t you..?”

 

“Take care” I bowed at her slightly then left before she could say anything else.

 

I ran out toward the corridor, not being able to stop myself from crying.

 

“Yes, she’s the one who should take care of him” I pressed the elevator’s button many times in frustration. “Maybe he mistook me for her earlier”

 

I leaned against the wall and covered my face, sobbing quietly.

_________________________

 

(Hyun Jin’s POV)

 

I opened my eyes and the first thing that came to my sight was:

 

“Ah, you’re finally up” she jerked slightly back.

 

“Were you watching my sleeping face you ?” I sat up and rubbed my eyes

 

I got slapped on the back:

 

“How dare you talk like that to me? Aren’t I older than you?!” she was protesting.

 

“Yeah.. whatever.. go away and let me get up” I pushed her away and stood up.

 

“Humph, trying to act all cool but then I find these by your bed” she squatted and grabbed…

 

“M-My…” I pushed her aside and kneeled on the floor, “My dear toys!”

 

I held all of the cute stuffed animals up in a hug.

 

“You’re so useless” she glared at me “I wish your fans get to see you like this” then she left the room.

 

But now that I think of it, what brought them here?

 

As far as I can remember, those things… I hid them under my bed so that Jin won’t find them in my drawers and turn my life into a hell..

 

It’s weird.

 

I looked around.

 

Maybe So Ra retrieved them for me..? And that’s something I highly doubt knowing that she won’t do anything unless it’s beneficial to her..

 

I went to check with her anyways:

 

“Hey.. sis” I saw her standing in front of the bathroom mirror and putting on some green thing on her face.

 

“WHAT?” she replied, and hostility could be noted in her tone.

 

“Were you the one who brought the toys here?” I watched her applying the greenish lotion.

 

“Why would I do that?”

 

“Ah, then.. do you possibly know who did?”

 

She shot me a death glare and yelled:

 

“Now don’t play dumb, wasn’t it that cutie who came to visit you yesterday?”

 

“Cutie?” I scratched my head, “But I don’t remember seeing anyone for the past 5 days beside you.”

 

“You think I would fall for that?” she tittered “You better try fooling someone else”

She patted my shoulder and walked past me.

 

“No.. I’m not joking.. I really don’t remember!”

 

“Then that’s better, she may be one of your fans” she seated herself comfortably on the sofa with that creepy mask on her face and turned the TV on “Oh, and Hyun Jin, I need your help with the stupid math task…”

 

“If you need my help then answer my question first” I snatched the remote controller from her hand.

 

“Fine, since you’re so stubborn” she folded her arms “To be honest, I don’t know anything about her! No wait...” she was rolling her eyes as if thinkng seriously.

 

“I myself need to know how she was able to come inside” I held my forehead, trying to recall.

 

“Ah!” she clapped her hands together “Right, right, I knew I saw her before! With that childhood friend of yours!” she held her jaw “What was his name again?”

 

“Minho?!” I blurted.

 

“Yes, yes, something like that”

 

“Then could it be…” I gaped.

 

Could it be Jin?

 

No, that’s impossible, why would she come after all?

 

“For some reason, I didn’t dislike that girl.” So Ra added in a thoughtful voice. “At least she was polite, and she didn’t have that gaudy aura around her like the other girls!” she smiled “Now you must be true to your words and help me with my assignments”

 

That can’t be anybody else beside Jin!

 

I felt excited just to think about the possibility of her coming to see me back when I was sick.

 

No, but still… I can’t do anything about it.

 

I had to give up and stop holding on to her.

 

“What’s wrong? Why did you daze-off?” So Ra waved her palm in front of my face and I glanced up at her and forced a smile.

 

“Go bring me your textbook”

 

“Great, now we’re talking” she leaped forward but stumbled and I helped supporting her before she fell.

 

"Wo.. you really are reliable in the end!" she steadied herself and went to the room and I sat down on the couch. To get suddenly hit by an usually warm feeling, I found myself staring blankly at the floor.

 

No way...

 

Memories of me holding Jin in my arms started to stream in my mind..

 

I recalled, all the cursed things that I did, a few days ago... to her!

 

"Did I really...?" I was shocked "After trying to make her give up on me..?"

 

I gripped my head in frustration.

 

"Oh dran it! How will I be able to face her now?"

 

***To be continued