Episode 21: Impossible to forget..

You Can't Fall For Mr. Perfect

Episode 21: Impossible to forget..

 

“Do you understand now?”

 

We were sitting on a bench in the terrace.

 

I looked down at my lap, thinking back at what I just came across.

 

No, it can’t be.. Jin can’t be seeing another girl just because he’s angry with me.

 

I tried to convince myself, but seeing that they were staying in the same room..

 

“What should I do?” I was biting my lips, to stop myself from crying.

 

I heard Minho sighing slightly beside me.

 

“I’m sorry”

 

“It’s not your fault… none of this has happened because of you!” I covered my face

 

“It is!” he insisted “If I made you fall for me properly before he did… you wouldn’t have been crying by now!”

 

Minho…

 

“I don’t know why but… I can’t bring myself to try seizing your heart anymore,” he admitted. “Seeing you act this way, it’s like you’re telling me to give up on you”

 

I looked at him and he was leaning back and looking up at the sky.

 

“Before this moment, I kept giving myself some fake excuses, saying that if I keep trying you’ll look at me”

 

“I’m..” I felt pitiful for him, I never knew that he was this shaken by my nonchalance but I couldn't help it.

 

It's not like I can change my feelings the way I want them to, because if it was for me...

 

I wish I could go back to being the old careless and emotionless person I was before I came here.

 

I was overconfident, and even belived that my heart was made of steel and that nothing could shake me, but now..

 

"I'm really..."

 

“Don’t apologize, it only shows how useless I am”

 

His shoulders shook slightly, and I couldn’t see his face.

 

Minho was always cheerful and funny, but to see him like this…

 

I reached my hand to pat his shoulder but then pulled it back, thinking that doing that might give him some unreal hope..

 

“Do you know that… you’re the only one who was able to show me what loving someone means even when I completely forgot what it was like?”

 

“No, that’s not true…” I shook my head “I’m no different, I just hurt your feelings even more”

 

“The fact that you’re admitting that, shows how right I am.” he looked at me, smiling like he always did as tears fell down his eyes.

 

“Minho..” I reached my hand at his face “Don’t cry because of me..” I wiped his tears with my fingers “I don’t deserve those tears”

 

I can’t love you but also, I cannot leave you alone… you’re still precious to me.

 

“Ok then” he abruptly stood up to his feet.

 

 He wiped his face with his sleeve then messed his hair. Then glanced at me, grinning:

 

“Just erase all of it from your memory then” he said cheerfully. “Let Jin alone be the one to make you cry, from now on…” he helped me up “I’ll do my best to make you smile”

 

Minho is really… someone that I can’t figure out.

 

“It’s ok, if you don’t want to see me until you calm down your feelings, I’ll put up with it”

 

I’m so blessed to have him beside me durning a hard time such as this.

 

“But what if it takes me so long?” I scoffed

 

“I said I’ll wait, alright?!” he started to get annoyed

 

“Hehe” I chuckled “You’re so cute” I hugged him.

 

“H-H-Hey! D-Don’t call a man cute!” he pushed me away from him “And don’t randomly hug me out of the blue!” he was shifting his eyes away, slightly blushing.

 

“Haha, I won’t I won’t, I just wanted to tease you for once” I my heels and started to walk out of the balcony.

 

“T-Tease me you say?” he was keeping up with my stepping. “Don’t forget that I’m the one who’ll write the lyrics you’ll be singing” he waved the papers I gave him in the air.

 

I stopped, being suddenly struck by the realization.

 

“Don’t you dare try something funny!” I warned, knitting my eyebrows.

 

“Haha, I’ll see about that, since you’re the one who said that we shouldn’t meet and just do the work separat-“ but I snatched the papers away from his hands.

 

“Fine, I’ll write the lyrics myself!”

 

“Haha, now that you’re irritated… I was kidding” he laughed “Now we’re even”

 

I can’t believe he did that just to keep his pride and tease me back!

 

“I’ll write the lyrics, and I’ll hand them to you by tomorrow”

 

“Tomorrow?” I repeated.

 

“Why? Don’t you think I’m capable of doing it?”

 

“We’ll see about that” I smiled.

 

We went our separate ways, but thanks to Minho, I was able to forget about my sadness and cheer up a bit.

 

________________________________

 

(Hyun Jin’s POV)

 

Bang Bang Bang

 

“Ah, how loud” I covered my ears in frustration to the loud noise “Go away” I reached my leg out from beneath the blanket and kicked randomly hoping to hit her.

 

“Wake up you lazy !”

 

The banging near my head got louder and louder.

 

“Wake up or else I’ll hit you with one of these pans!”

 

Judging from her voice, she didn’t seem like she was joking… but even with that, my head felt so heavy.

 

“Oh, for real…” she cursed “You’ve been sleeping for 16 hours! Are you a bear or what?!” she pulled away the blanket.

 

“Ahh! How annoying! Let goo!” I pulled it back, but felt too weak and eventually I was the one to let go.

 

“Ouch!” she fell back and I found myself seating up to look at her. “How can you do this to me? Ah!” she whined.

 

She got up to her feet and grabbed my hair:

 

“How can you mistreat a young lady like me?”

 

“You’re not a lady… you’re a monster… ouch” I retorted.

 

“This rotten…” she mumbled in annoyance “I’m really done with you”

 

“Great, then I’ll go back to sleep” I laid my body back and hugged my teddy bear, smiling happily so that she gets more irritated.

 

“Oh my goodness, It hasn’t been few hours and I’m already losing my mind”

 

At least she gave up.

 

“I’m opening the windows, I don’t care if you catch a cold!”

 

“I’m already freezing” I squeezed the fluffy toy even tighter.

 

“I’ll be going so you take care of your own mess ok?”

 

“Yes ahjumma…” my eyelids became heavy that I fell asleep again.

 

"Wh-What?!" she screamed. "Fine, fine, getting angry at you will only ruin my mood and make up, so I'm out!"

 

"Yeah whatever.. don't come back" I mumbled, still half-asleep.

 

__________________________

 

(Jin’s POV)

 

I’m not used to being alone in this big room, but anyways, I needed to clean it up and look for my phone too.

 

I started by cleaning the living room, then the kitchen, I found nothing there beside some crumpled papers that must’ve rolled under the sofa when I was composing the music.

 

“It’s got to be somewhere in here”

 

I was determined to find my phone no matter what, because if I didn’t have it then I won’t be able to get in touch with my family or Yumiko and Yuji, since I didn’t memorize any of their numbers.

 

“I’m so stupid”

 

I was using the handy hoover as I kneeled and reached my arm beneath the furniture, but as I started to clean under Jin's bed, I heard the hoover make strange noises so I pulled it out to see that it got a pink plushy with it.

 

“Oh my..”

 

How can he hide this here?

 

I leaned down to see under the bed and found a bunch of stuffed toys.

 

“Pffft” I tried to hold it but I burst out laughing.

 

So this is where he hid them.

 

“Oh, only if I could see the look on his face when he discovers that I…”

 

Wait, what am I thinking?

 

I recalled the girl that appeared when we visited his new room.

 

“I must forget about him” I shook my head “If he managed to find another girl…” I bit my lip.

 

No, you mustn’t shed any more tears for him, you’ll become blind if this keeps on going!

 

I wish I could…

 

I looked at the toys that I found and it only made my heart hurt.

 

“I must get rid of these”

 

I went to my closet and brought out my suitcase, wiping away a tear that fell every now and then. I stuffed the toys in it.

 

You’re just making yourself an excuse to see him, aren’t you?

 

I looked at the Mario toy that sat on my bed but then shut my eyes close.

 

I won’t give that toy back.

 

I’ll take these things to their owner and ask him about my phone, maybe he put it away with his things by mistake.

 

***To be continued..