Episode 32: Safe and Sound

You Can't Fall For Mr. Perfect

Episode 32: Safe and Sound

 

(Hyun Jin’s POV)

 

“Thank you so much” I sighed, as I rose up from my seat and bowed at the police officer.

 

I just gave my testimony during the questioning, and I found my father waiting for me as soon as I exited the office.

 

“Father!”

 

“You did well Hyun Jin,” he smiled at me and patted my shoulder “The device that they took to erase the existence of Jin is the thing that will lead the police to find their true hideout”

 

“Yes” I nodded.

 

“There’s someone who wanted to meet you” he stepped aside and gestured with his palm at a sophisticatedly looking woman who was dressed in black and had sunglasses on.

 

I tilted my head in question but then she reached her hand at me and I shook it and bowed slightly at her:

 

“Nice to meet you, I’m Jin’s mother” she spoke in a very clear and serious voice but guarded a small smile on her lips.

 

“Y-You…?” I was surprised.

 

But didn’t they say that the mother died during the fire?!

 

I got slightly crept out by her sudden appearance, but she took-off her glasses and I could see the resemblance between her and Jin.

 

“I must thank you for saving my daughter’s life” she bowed her head at me and I found myself squirming.

 

“N-No, y-you shouldn’t bow your head m-ma’am” I shook my palms in protest.

 

“Mrs. Mikasa chose to keep herself hidden in order to expose the real traitors who betrayed her husband and caused their company to go through bankruptcy,” my father explained.

 

“Yes, I faked my death in order to get revenge on these monsters” she paused “And to rebuild our sources, I won’t allow anyone to destroy what my husband lived to achieve!”

 

I stood in owe to the determination of the woman.

 

“I’ll do my best to offer any help needed” my father said.

 

“I can’t wait to tell Jin that her mother is-“ but she cut my words.

 

“No, it’s still early for me to appear before her, so I want you to keep it a secret until the time comes” she clasped my hands in hers. “Until then, take care of my daughter”

 

“Yes, Mrs. Mikasa” I reassured her. She then took her leave, talking to my father and I headed back to the hospital to see Jin.

 

***

 

I was yawning, my eyes had dark circles around them and I was very exhausted because I didn’t have any time to sleep.

 

I knocked on the room’s door and entered to see Jin getting examined by the doctor. A bright smile crossed her face as soon as she saw me:

 

“Good morning Jin!” We said at the same time, then chuckled.

 

At first I thought it was weird for us to have the same name but now I’m growing used to it, and got a liking to it.

 

“How is she today doctor?” I questioned.

 

“Her condition is stable and she’ll be able to leave anytime” he smiled.

 

“It was all thanks to you though” she added, dropping her head.

 

“Haha, yes, the person who provided her with first-aid certainly was the one who saved her life” he nodded. “It was impressive indeed.”

 

I felt slightly shy at the compliment.

 

***

 

I insisted to support Jin with my body but she kept saying that she’s feeling well and even started to jump around and show-off how fine she was but I lifted her up in my arms, that she let out a yelp.

 

“J-Jin!” she put her hands on my shoulders and looked down at my face, blushing as I had my hands on her sides. I smiled:

 

“Don’t tell me you’re afraid of heights now” I scoffed.

 

“A-Ah, no, but…” she swung her legs “I-I…”

 

“You have no excuses” I started to spin around with her in my arms. “Hold on tight”

 

“Noooo!!” she was screaming, but laughed at the same time and it was very cute.

 

Then I slowly dropped her down, but she wrapped her arms around my shoulders still mid-way in the air and yelled:

 

“One more time!”

 

My eyes widened.

 

“Weren’t you against it just now?”

 

“I never knew it was fun!!” she spread her arms “It’s as if I am flying!”

 

I raised her up once again and spun around with her spreading her arms to both sides.

 

These little things could bring unmeasurable happiness to one’s life.

 

Despite me being tired I kept swirling around with her in my arms until I felt powerless and dropped her down on the bed.

 

“I lied…” I said, trying to catch my breath. “You’re not as light as a feather”

 

“Umm… J-Jin?”

 

I just realized that I was lying on top of her. I lifted myself up slowly, locking my eyes with hers.

 

“T-Thanks…” she immediately averted her gaze from mine, and her cheeks reddened.

 

“You’re very beautiful” I uttered, as I stoked her hair.

 

“Y-Yeah, but I can’t even compare to So Ra” she obviously was embarrassed.

 

“It doesn’t matter, as long as you’re the prettiest girl for me” she looked at me surprised and I found myself leaning down and kissing her.

 

She remained in a shocked state and I pulled her up and adjusted her messy hair strands, my fingers brushed against her red ears that were burning with heat, and meanwhile, she kept her head dropped and bit her lip.

 

“Let’s go” I entwined my fingers with hers and held her hand tightly. “Everyone must be worried”

 

***

 

We were in a taxi when my phone rang, and it was So Ra. I smiled and picked up:

 

YOU HEARTLESS FOOL! HOW COULD YOU MAKE YOUR SISTER SUFFER LIKE THIIIS?”

 

I already kept the phone away from my ear to avoid losing my hearing, and then I said:

 

“I’m sorry, I am reaaally sorry but I couldn’t call you since I went to the police-station”

 

“P-Police-station? Why? What happened to Jin!?”

 

“She’s ok, we’re on our way to the hotel, and you’ll know everything if you be patient a bit”

 

***

 

(Jin’s POV)

 

I couldn’t bring myself to talk to Jin all the way to the Hotel, my heart was still thumping and I couldn’t calm myself down.

 

As we arrived to the hotel, we met So Ra and Minho and they scolded us so hard for not keeping in touch with them but I was very glad that the trip wasn’t cancelled because of me.

 

So Ra and Minho were acting a bit weirder than before, and somehow it seemed that their relationship improved a lot in our absence. But of course, they hated to admit it.

 

***

 

I was with So Ra in my room who insisted to help me choose a swimsuit since we were going to the beach despite me telling her that I couldn’t swim.

 

“You must look beautiful no matter what!” she was looking in my closet. I just stood by and watched her checking out every single piece of clothing.

 

“Jin dear, your fashion collection is amazingly impressive” she raised a brow at me “And yet, you only dress in the least attractive attires” she held her jaw. “Why’s that?”

 

I fidgeted as I sat on the bed’s edge:

 

“Well… I simply am not a fan of dressing up?” I gave her a carefree smile.

 

“Definitely rejected!” she sharply retorted, “If you’re going to be my brother’s wife you should dress nicely and start to take care of the way you look” she grabbed my hands. “And I’ll help you with it”

 

“W-W-wait… wife you said?” I blushed at the word.

 

“Uh-huh” she nodded “Hyun Jin never dated before as far as I know, and the way I’m seeing it, this relationship you’re having isn’t provisional”

 

“E-Eh?” I gasped.

 

“Aww, and I’m so very ok with it, no, I’ll never allow you guys to break up” she patted my shoulders and looked me in the eyes. “I won’t accept to have another sister-in-law than you!”

 

“B-But you see!” I stuttered “In my current state… without any parents or financial support…” I mumbled “I’ll only be a burden to him and to your family”

 

That’s an undeniable truth for me. Yes, I’m old enough to know that love alone can’t create miracles.

 

“How could you say such a thing” she scolded me “You’re still young, and you’re typically ranked first among the 1st years, you have fine brains, a good heart and caring friends so of course you’ll succeed later in life, silly!” she broke into a kind laugh as she hugged me.

 

“So Ra..” My eyes got tearful as I heard all what she said, I hugged her back. “Thank you”

 

“Hehe, you can’t imagine how happy I am right now” she ruffled my hair “Trust me, you won’t meet someone who’s better than my brother so have faith in him and in me!”

 

“Haha, yes” I nodded, beaming happily.

 

“So let’s just focus on making you look pretty” she went back to choosing my outfit.

 

Her words made me think back at my kiss with Jin and I scratched the back of my neck.

 

“Hm? What’s wrong?”

 

“N-Nothing” I forced a smile.

 

“You’re turning red” she came and sat beside me “Wait a second..” her eyes widened “Did something happen between you and Hyun Jin?!” her jaw dropped and then her gape turned to a wide smile. “Hey, hey, tell me!”

 

I shook my head:

 

“I-It’s not what you think!” I mumbled “There’s nothing really, I’m just feeling a bit dizzy”

 

Yes, probably feigning innocence is the best escape from this situation.

 

“Aiyo, don’t think you can fool Kim So Ra easily!” she playfully punched my shoulder “But fine, if you don’t want to tell me, I’ll just make Hyun Jin spill the beans!” she laughed and clapped her hands together.

 

S-She’s scary sometimes…

 

We finished getting ready and I miraculously convinced her that I won’t be wearing a swimsuit. She looked sad at first but then ended up consenting and choosing me a casual attire.

 

**To be continued...