Episode 3: An early morning jogging.

You Can't Fall For Mr. Perfect

Episode 3: An early morning jogging.

 

I heard my ringtone, Everybody of SHINee that I downloaded last night to use it as an alarm.

 

I opened my eyes, stretching my body and I rose slowly from my bed as I heard a curse coming from the other bed:

 

“Damn... It’s 4 am…”

 

I saw him reaching his arm from beneath the blanket to the nightstand, looking for the source of the loud music and then I realized that he was still half-asleep. I couldn’t help but laugh, then I snatched my phone and stopped the song.

 

It was a habit of mine to get up early every morning to go for a jogging.

 

He sat up, his palm covering his face and his hair was messy but looked cute.

 

Wait… what in the world am I doing?

 

I shook my head.

 

“What kind of a retard are you?” he sulked.

 

I got up from my bed quickly, trying to ignore his presence.

 

“You know what I hate most?”

 

His voice got closer and I could guess that he now was standing behind me, I swallowed as I stumbled towards the bathroom's door.

 

“I-I… I’m going for a jogging!” I blurted, rushing inside the bathroom and closing the door shut behind me.

 

I was panting.

 

Why must he be so tall? Things would’ve been less scary if we were the same height…  

 

I stuck my ear to the door’s frame. I heard an exaggerated sigh, then the sound of a creaking bed.

 

“I’ll just go back to sleep…” he mumbled with a yawn.

 

That made me relieved.

 

I waited for few minutes then I went out to bring a change of clothes and went back to the bathroom to change into them and then left the room.

__________________

 

I figured that taking the stairs alone was a good exercise, so no need to actually leave the building, instead I thought of doing a small exploring!

 

I had my headphones on as always and I started to get downstairs.

 

Half an hour later, I reached the 4th floor.

 

I stopped to catch my breath. I got out my phone to check the map of the building; it showed that I was currently in the area of the gym where P.E classes take place.

 

“Wow… this is amazing”

 

I looked through the huge glass-windows and I noticed that there was an automatic sliding door.

 

I went in, started to look around at the equipment that I felt an urge to use one of them but I couldn’t of course, and I wouldn’t take the chance to do it since I didn’t know even if I was permitted to access the area to begin with.

 

“Whoa! A pool!”

 

I left the gym room and headed towards the pool section, it was a bit dark despite the dim lights and the big window showing the outdoor surroundings of the academy. The sun was yet to rise completely so I preferred not to approach the pool and risk slipping and falling in the cold water.

 

I headed next to the lounge, passing by the separate washing-rooms.

 

I bought a drink from the vending machine using my card and then decided to go back to check other places out, because when it gets crowded I won’t have this much courage or freedom to walk around just as I do now.

 

I visited the 3nd then 2nd floor next that both were for clubs activities, then I went right up to the cafeteria to find that the door was locked automatically so I wasn't able to go further in.

 

I glanced at my hand-watch,

 

“It’s almost 6, I must go back”

______________________

 

I was walking towards my room but suddenly, I stopped as I saw a girl standing before one of the rooms that had its door opened, and I could see the shadow of a person.

 

Just why the hell did I just think of hiding?!

 

I was about to walk by normally but I saw the girl leaning into the door.

 

“Huh?”

 

I then got a stun to see her kissing some guy.

 

Ok… maybe my timing was bad!

 

I turned to face the opposite way and hid behind a wall, hoping not to get noticed by them.

 

“Last night was amazing oppa” she uttered in a seductive voice.

And he just hummed in agreement.

 

I covered my mouth with my two palms, my eyes widening till I almost felt that my eyeballs were about to pop out.

“See you then” I heard the voice of the guy and then the door clicking, the girl left and I stuck myself to the wall even closer until she passed and went towards the elevator.

 

What did I just see?

 

My cheeks were red. These things, I thought they only happened in dramas and besides, when did they get to have such relationships when students weren’t supposed to meet yet?!

 

I strode towards my room.

 

I shouldn’t put too much thought in it, I just have to erase what I saw and heard from my memory.

 

I unlocked my room and went in, praying that my roommate –whom I’m yet to know the name would either be out or asleep.

 

I tried not to make any noise just in case, and I took my shoes off carefully, then went to the bedroom, found it empty and strangely neat. As if no one has used it yet.

 

I sighed in relief.

 

I went to the drawer in which I put my clothes last night and started to pick what to change into after that I shower.

 

I had a habit of talking to myself loudly when I’m not comfortable with the place I was in but only when I was alone.

 

“I’m glad he already left” I smiled.

 

“Let’s see… I read that this academy didn’t have a uniform so I am not forced to show my fem_”

 

I turned back as I closed the drawer but then I almost dropped my things from my hands.

 

He was standing by the door, leaning on its frame with his hands folded.

 

“Forced to show what?” he asked with his eyebrow raised.

 

“HOLY !” I blurted but then quickly realized what I’ve said.

 

“Wow, you don’t look like someone who would swear like that”

 

“I’m really don't!” I defended “But when did you come in?!”

 

“I'm pretty curious about something...” He ignored my question and held his jaw in thought.

 

“Can you put on some clothes first?!” I averted my gaze away from him.

 

“But I’m already wearing my pants” he protested with a smart voice. “In fact, the question I’m going to ask you has to do with this in a way”

 

I braced myself and hugged my things tighter to my chest.

 

Just what am I putting myself into?! He might start to have weird thoughts!

 

“I meant that y-you might catch a cold!” I added nervously.

 

He approached me.

 

“Why is your voice shaking?” he narrowed his eyes still smirking.

 

I mustn’t panic! I mustn’t panic! Jin, you need to focus! I was giving myself some encouragement.

 

I cleared my throat, in a trial to make my voice deeper,

 

“It’s not the time for this, dude! I’m freezing because I sweated a lot when I worked out... so I got to go shower!” I  kept laughing in a forced way as I left  without giving him the chance to reply.

 

I managed to get myself out of the awkward situation again. But I couldn’t take the feeling of anxiety that wrapped me every time I faced him.

 

I had to see first whether I had to tell him about me being a girl or not, but if I don’t have to do it then he’ll never know until I manage to find another roommate.

 

Yeah, keep dreaming, you’ll end up busted.

 

Shut up, stupid consciousness!

 

And even if I was to be forced to live with him in case he knew I was a girl, things would remain the same; I’ll depend on my physical strength to break his bones if he tries to pull anything fishy!

 

I showered quickly, dried my hair then hurried outside, knowing that classes were going to start soon.

 

________________________________