Episode 1: Meet your roommate, Jin!

You Can't Fall For Mr. Perfect

Episode 1: Meet your roommate, Jin!

 

“Have a nice trip Jin-chan!”

 

A cute girl was waving her both hands in excitement as she stood behind a metallic barrier,

 

“We’ll miss you so much!”

 

A tall boy who was putting his hand on the head of the cute girl added with a big smile.

 

The person they waved at was wearing a dark blue cap, a white tee-shirt that was a bit large and military shorts. They kept waving at him until he disappeared in the gate that led to boarding the plane.

 

The cute girl stopped waving and then raised her face to look at her friend.

 

“Yuji-kun, do you think Jin-chan will be ok in a foreign country?”

 

He folded his arms and then sighed lightly:

 

“Well… With that kind of attitude… I really doubt it”

 

“Oh… so I wasn’t the only one to think that way” she shook her head slightly.

 

*****

 

(Jin’s POV)

 

I hated being forced to do things, and that’s something my parents couldn’t even try to understand. And this whole flight thing was their decision and not mine.

 

My name is Mikasa Jin, Jin for short and I’m 17 years old. I’m a martial arts professional and I did it as a hobby, at first. But then, it took over my full time and life. And yet, I never tried to participate in any tournaments because I didn’t want to become famous and neither had I liked to be noticed by people.

 

3 days ago, I learned from my father that he was going to send me to South Korea to study. I wasn’t the kind of person that cared much to protest or to show any interest in anything and he took my silence as a yes, either that or my opinion didn’t count in the first place. And here I am now travelling –not for the first time in my life though, to Seoul knowing that my father arranged for me to join some academy.

 

He said that it won’t be anything like the ones I’ve been to so far, and promised me that I won’t forget the experience I’ll get there, and that worried me a bit.

 

Well, my mother is Korean and I learned the language well so it wouldn’t cause much of a problem to me. I just hoped things won’t get complicated or anything.

____________________________

 

The flight arrived at Seoul’s Incheon International Airport an hour and 40 minutes later, I had one suitcase and my wallet with me and I was told that one of my father’s friends was going to welcome me in the airport and indeed, as I left the gate I saw a middle-aged man holding a sign with my name on it.

 

He was scanning people and just as he saw me, his eyes widened, I raised my hand at him, and his brows knitted. He pointed at the sign with his index finger and I nodded. His shock grew bigger.

 

I headed towards him and I partly removed my headphones as they remained around my neck. I nodded my head slightly at him.

 

“Y-You’re Mikasa-san?” He asked as he kept eyeing me, raising an eyebrow.

 

I nodded.

 

“B-But you...!” He cried.

 

I think I understood what was going on, but I just pulled my suitcase and started to walk, with him following after me, he blocked my way and yelled:

 

“P-Please wait!” He spoke formally and I doubted that he was a real friend of my father but probably he worked for him.

 

I halted and raised my head at him, my face was expressionless as always.

 

“Allow me to help you with the luggage!”

 

“It’s not that heavy” I retorted.

 

“But it’s my job- I mean duty! My duty as-”

 

“Forget it”,

 

I walked past him.

 

“Oh God.” He sighed loudly. “I knew you’d be a troublesome kid but I never imagined-“

 

“Are you going to take me to the academy?”

 

“Wha…?!” He was surprised “Why aren’t you allowing me to-“

 

“I hate talkative people, I don’t care if you’re a friend of my father or not and I just want to rest for now”

 

I started to head towards the exit.

 

“I-I apologize” He uttered, this time his voice shaking a bit.

 

“Don’t worry, and drop the formalities… I hate being called by my last name”

 

“H-Huh?” I bet he didn’t expect that.

_____________________

 

We were riding a nice car and that man –whose name was Shin said that he was driving me to the academy’s building.

 

“I’m sorry for being a bit rude but I’m just tired” I was sitting in the passenger seat.

 

“I-I-It’s really ok!” he retorted with a smile.

 

I returned him a small grin.

 

“What a waste indeed”

 

He muttered but I couldn’t quite grasp the meaning of the words.

 

“Hm?” I looked at him in question but he said that it wasn’t a big deal.

 

I wonder what this academy will look like.

 

I put back my headphones and closed my eyes from exhaustion.

_____________________________

 

“Jin!” Mr. Shin’s voice was calling at me. I opened my eyes slowly.

 

“Ah,” I saw him looking at me as he opened the passenger seat’s door for me to hop out.

 

I yawned, I really lacked sleep since yesterday because Yuji and Yumiko my both close friends insisted to have a friends’ night before I left them. So I didn’t sleep the whole night because of their exciting talk.

 

“Tada~!” Mr. Shin spread his arm toward the big building that laid in front of us.

 

I blinked after wiping my eyes.

 

“You’ll be spending the time in this place from now on! Whoa!”

 

He really was all worked up, compared to me, who sighed so hard because this academy looked more like a luxurious modern resort.

 

It was too damn big and I imagined myself getting lost in the near future.

 

As I was spacing out, a pair of hands landed on my shoulders and I jerked, it was Mr. Shin who was now smiling cheerfully at me saying:

 

“Ok then, my mission ends here, it’s your turn to rely on yourself…” He flicked my nose. “Jin jossi” he winked at me.

 

I jerked slightly to his last words. Then he just got in his car and started the engine, I remained there with my luggage for a bit. His car left and I looked at my suitcase that had an unfamiliar white box on top of it.

 

I picked it up, then looked at it.

 

“A smartphone?”  

 

I opened the box and got the phone out. I could tell that it was the latest model.

 

“I’m not surprised anymore” I hid it in my bag. Then I started pulling my suitcase.

 

I entered the huge building and the first thing I saw was a map of the building.

 

I went to the administration’s office that wasn’t located really far from the entrance.

 

“It’s Sunday, I guess that explains why there are no students in the main building”

 

I knocked on the door and then went in, there was another big hall with white walls and large glass windows.

 

“This won’t be easy in the end huh”

_______________________________

 

I finally was given a card with my room’s number on it, but I must admit that the technology here was pretty impressive.

 

The workers were incredibly friendly and immediately recognized me as the new Japanese student.

 

Well, I couldn’t help but smile at them.

 

They explained everything to me and said that I all the information were provided in the Academy’s internet site, even a virtual map and schedules of classes. I could access all that from my phone.

 

“Maybe father was right, this experience will be unforgettable”

 

I was happy eventually. But still, there was a side of me that remained wary, knowing my father I just can’t believe he sent me here only to enjoy the high technology.

 

I was riding the elevator to the 10th floor. Yes, the dorm was located there and I was told that students were regrouped depending on their grades, not genders, so since I was a 1st year, my room was in the 10th floor, upper grades rooms were located in higher floors. And the building all in all had a total of 20 levels.

 

“Wow… It’s more like an apartment complex here” I reached my destination. And walked down the hall, my room was number 30. It was the last one on the right.

 

I inserted my card in the lock’s slot and then it let out an unlocking sound then I got it out and I twisted the doorknob.

 

I pulled my luggage inside and then closed the door, I took off my sneakers and put on the provided pair of slippers.

 

I looked around; the walls were blue and the floor was made of light wood, there were a few posters of some boybands I recognized them. I was happy because the decoration didn’t look as I expected it to be.

 

“All girly and pink…”

 

I walked further in the room past the living room and into the bedroom that was deeper inside. I then got a stun.

 

“Huh?”

 

There were 2 beds.

 

“But… No one said anything about…”

 

Just then, I heard the door behind me click, and no, that wasn’t the door I just came in from! Then a loud sigh followed by:

 

“How refreshing!”

 

My eyes widened, the voice… the voice of that person… didn’t…

 

“Hm?”

 

He hummed in question and I can say that my body froze.

 

“W-What?!” He exclaimed.

 

I heard footsteps rushing my way, and then, the next thing I knew was me turning on my heels, shutting my eyes close, I ran toward the door of the room and I quickly got out. I shut the door close and I laid against it, panting.

 

“No… No… this is…”

 

My face was all red.

 

The door that was supporting my back suddenly opened, and I found myself losing my balance and falling backward, however:

 

“Hey”

 

I didn’t hit the ground as I anticipated, instead, I got a pair of hands gripping my arms and I was against something soft.

 

“Look out, you almost fell you idiot!”

 

I blinked, and he pushed me harshly, that I slouched slightly.

 

I was gripping my cap that it wouldn’t fall but then I raised my gaze slowly from the ground, I saw a towel wrapped around that person’s bottom and that made me even more shocked.

 

“Stop staring at me like that, it’s disgusting”

 

I immediately steadied myself and lowered my cap on my eyes, I mean face, there was no way for me to allow him to see my blushing face… no, there was no way I would allow him to know that I was a girl to begin with!

 

*To be continued*

__________________________________________________________

 

A/N: That's the picture of the heroine x) Honda Tsubasa as Jin (the girl)

I hope you liked this chapter <3 thanks for reading!