Shooting Me Down

Two Faced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the young man turns his back to us, and in a lowered voice says, please follow me, before walking off quickly. Jupiter’s voice barely reaches my ears as I am walking along side Lay.

"i'll stay behind"

I panic a little , not wanting to be alone with Lay in this building "you're not going?"

She smiles kindly as if seeing my distress "i'll wait here"

"what are you doing, you're too slow!"

"oh! coming!"

as Lay’s ill-tempered voice hits my ears, i turn reflexively. Poor Jupiter could also be in danger. but she just smiles that false smile of hers.

"c..commissioner of the metropolitan police?! huh?!"

"if you make an unseemly scene, i will have to discipline you again”

 Lay covers my mouth with his large hand when i exclaim unconsciously. he whispers his warning into my ear so that our guide cannot over hear our very short and one sided conversation.

"well, you two seem very close"

The young man chuckles at our interaction, and then knocks three times on the door in front of him. A large man steps out who looks like he trains people for a living , either that or he is very important here….

"i'm sorry to intrude upon you without warning" Lay is using his business voice again , typical….

"not at all. i apologize for not expressing my gratitude sooner. thanks to your cooperation, we were able to arrest several noted felons"

Lay lets out a slight chuckle "it was nothing, i'm always glad to lend a hand"

 

the commissioner and Lay shake hands, and the commissioner gestures us to a seat on the sofa. The commissioner is hard-faced, with shrewd eyes and a general air of intelligence. but this is a man who purchased me for 600 million in a black market auction. what does the commissioner mean, he helped arrest criminals?

"now, what did you want to see me about today?"

"i would like to have a card for a handgun…as you see the one I have now is currently Illigal….in her hands…"

 

At Lay’s words, i gasp.

 

The atmosphere between the commissioner and Lay grows tense. upon hearing the word 'handgun', i hold my breath and wait for his reply

 

"can you tell me why?"

"its very simple? someone is trying to kill me. in order to protect myself, i would like to receive a permit to own a gun"

"i had a bad feeling about this meeting, but i see i'm facing a worthy opponent"

The commissioner rests his forehead on his entwined fingers and laugh deeps in his throat. his pose seems almost villainous.

"we did think that something like this might happen"

 

Lay also laughs, as though inviting the commissioner to join in. the two of them seem to be enjoying this shocking conversation.

“if the events of the other day are not to be announced publically, then you can hardly put a Twenty four hour guard on me, can you?"

" yes, you're right about that. well, dose she have any experience with a gun?"

"fortunately, she has had some experience using guns in America. i wont know how good she is, though, until we test her"

As he says this, Lay suddenly points at me

"huh? how do you know that I can even lift it up…"

i start to ask this, but keep my mouth shut. i suddenly remember that when vice-president tricked me into that auction, he had me take a long some kind of documents. i'm sure that was my resume..

" i suppose it can't be avoided. i suppose you are due some compensation for your cooperation, and we did think that there might be some retaliation. we seem to be one step behind, though"

"that's also part of the calculation though, isn't it? if i don’t present an easy target at first, he wont become careless"

"haha, Mr.Yixing , you seem to see things very clearly. well, if i have your promise that you will manage the gun securely, and will not fire it except as a last resort. lets see how good this young lady really is, and then we'll get you that permit"

"of course this will also be kept secret, i assume?"

"of course"

"you understand.. something like this could also severely damage my hotel's image"

The commissioner just smiles , like he had said nothing.

"shall we?"

"yes"

the commissioner summons someone on the phone

 

 

Knock, knock.

 After a short while, there is a knock on the commissioner’s door

 

come in"

"excuse me…"

 

the door opens and in steps ... a man with an unexpectedly gentle face, considering where we are. his bright blond hair is slightly mussed, and his long eyelashes are dark against his fair skin. his long, slender limbs and chiselled features make me think that he might be half-Japanese<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter