Dancing Machine (Yein x Jisoo)

Avocado Procrastinates
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

When the fans ask Lovelyz questions, the girls try their best to follow the script (if provided one) or produce interesting (but safe) answers. In addition to their personal entertainment talents, Lovelyz were also trained well in their variety skills. The girls' favorite strategy is to bring up stories that stand out in their minds to share with their fans, who enjoy listening to them as much as the members take pleasure in recalling them. However, there is one incident in particular that the members do not even mention, either out of loyalty to the group, or out of fear (Mijoo won't let it go but Jisoo threatens her to keep shut).

Yein doesn't tell her older groupmates, but she thinks about this incident from time to time. Where did everything go wrong? Why didn't anyone stop them? (Baby Soul tried but no one listens to her anyway). Why can't she stop thinking about it when the other members automatically erase it from their memory (as indicated by their shocked expressions and low groans whenever Mijoo brings it up)?

Yein herself tries to wipe the "Dancing Machine" incident out of her memory, but whenever she interacts with Jisoo, or even just looks at her, images from the incident flood into her mind like uncontrollable waves. She just can't help herself.

Secretly, she hopes that Jisoo is experiencing this as well.

 

 

The incident took place on a beautiful day, when the sun was shining ever so beautifully and there was not a single cloud in the sky. Yein remembers this clearly because she and the other girls were enjoying this amazing view from their dorm window. They were all excited and delighted at first, until they remembered that they were instructed to stay inside this day.

"I'm so bored."

"Get away from me and go do something then."

"I'm sooooooooo boooooooored." Mijoo repeated, drawling right next to her annoyed leader's ear. Baby Soul swatted at the younger girl to ward her away while she was reading a book, but Mijoo simply drew back enough to where her leader's short arms wouldn't be able to reach her. "Play with me."

Baby Soul didn't even look up from the book she was so absorbed in reading. "No, go find someone else to play with. There are eight members in the group, six remaining with ourselves excluded. Go bother one of them."

Mijoo wiggled closer to the shorter girl, grinning widely as the latter's frown became increasingly apparent. "But I like you the best unnie - "

Baby Soul shot up from the couch and made her way faster to her room than Mijoo could react, slamming her door shut and audibly locking it.

"Okay."

 

 

Mijoo ventured through the dorm in search of an activity that could occupy her for a while. She stumbled upon Jiae and Kei cooking in the kitchen, and they quickly chased her away before she could even take a step inside. Then she found Jin and Sujeong watching a drama together, the two of them too focused on the screen to notice the presence of a third member. As soon as Mijoo tried to speak, the younger girls instantly shushed her, and out of the room she went.

Eventually, the self-proclaimed visual reached Yein and Jisoo's shared room, where its occupants were lying on their beds and talking about something. Mijoo hid near the doorway, eavesdropping on the conversation to determine whether it was interesting or not enough to join. From what she was hearing so far, Mijoo was growing excited - she could make something out of this.

"But I'm the best dancer in the group." Yein's voice nonchalantly stated.

"Excuse me? How can you tell that kind of lie with a straight face?" Jisoo's voice replied.

"Lie? You mean, 'the truth that you can't handle'?"

"What's with that sassy tone? Who taught you how to do that?"

"Mijoo unnie did." Mijoo sighed inaudibly and shook her head in response to Yein's answer. She taught the maknae everything but how to sass her elders - because the youngest would probably use that against her. "Anyway, nothing will change the fact that I'm the best dancer. So the company should put 'Main Dancer' next to 'Maknae' in my official profile. That title is mine."

"Actually, you're wrong. I'm the best and main dancer of the group." Jisoo disagreed, and Mijoo could hear a light groan emerge from the maknae.

"No, I am."

"No, it's me."

That was Mijoo's cue so she sauntered into the room, startling the bickering roommates. Yein and Jisoo immediately stopped talking and exchanged tentative glances with one another. There was bound to be trouble wherever Mijoo was present; they didn't need to live with the girl for long to know this. "You two should definitely settle this matter somehow. The 'Main Dancer' title of a group is very important, and if the main dancer isn't the best dancer of the group, it'll just make us look bad." Mijoo reasoned, displaying an expression of false earnest.

"Unnie, who do you think is the better dancer: me or Jisoo unnie?" Yein questioned, sitting up from her laying position.

"Tell us who deserves the 'Main Dancer' title more; be honest." Jisoo added, crossing her arms.

The roommates sent glares at each other before directing their determined gazes toward the other girl in the room. Mijoo stood near the door, enjoying the attention she was finally receiving. She merely grinned at her groupmates and shrugged her shoulders. "I honestly don't know... I'll have to closely examine the way you two dance..."

"That's it then." Jisoo cut in, standing up from her bed. She pointed at the maknae, who furrowed her brows in anticipation. "Jung Yein, I challenge you to a dance battle. Whoever wins gets to have 'Main Dancer' written in their official profile."

Yein followed the older girl's actions and stood up as well, standing directly in front of Jisoo. "Challenge accepted." She placed her hand out and the other girl firmly shook it. Meanwhile, Mijoo observed this turn of events with a wide smile. At last, she was going to be entertained.

 

 

"What did you do?"

"What are you talking about? I didn't do anything."

"As long as we've known each other and lived together, I'm pretty sure you had something to do with this." Baby Soul insisted, gesturing to the members of the group who had been summoned to the living room to serve as impartial judges of the dance battle. Some members sat on the couch while the others sat on the floor. They were already making predictions about who would win. "If anything goes wrong, it'll be your responsibility to fix it."

"Like I said, I had nothing to do with this." Mijoo continued to deny, watching Yein and Jisoo stretch in preparation of their dance battle. This was definitely going to be good; Mijoo practically felt it in her bones. She made her way to the center of the room, turning around and facing her group members. "My name is Lee Mijoo. I am the most versatile member as well as the visual of Lovelyz. I'll be the MC for today's event. Are the contestants ready?"

"Our dorm isn't the best place for a dance battle. Take it to the practice room." Baby Soul interjected, but she was blatantly ignored as Yein and Jisoo loudly confirmed their readiness.

"Great. We can begin now. Good afternoon, lovely ladies. On this very day, we will witness a historic event, as Lovelyz themselves will finally decide who receives the 'Main Dancer' title in

Please log in to read the full chapter