Too Hot (Seulgi x Irene)

Avocado Procrastinates
Please log in to read the full chapter

After being dismissed from their last classes of the day, Seulgi and Irene met up and walked back to the dorms together, where they shared a relatively small room. She never said this out loud, but Seulgi was glad that in addition to their evening classes being located near each other, the ending times of said classes also coincided. Seulgi wasn't certain if she'd ever voice her feelings about this fortunate coincidence to Irene - not that she was even confident about eventually confessing to her romantic feelings for the other girl either.

They were completely different people, and sadly enough, Seulgi couldn't exactly see herself dating Irene. They had only met in the first place because they were assigned roommates, and they fortunately got along very well with one another (unlike some of the other cases they'd heard of far too often). Seulgi felt satisfied to have Irene as her roommate at least, because these circumstances guaranteed that Irene would be the first person she'd see when she woke up and she'd also be the last person she'd see before she went to sleep. (Irene only left the comforts of their room to attend her classes.) As a result, Seulgi's day would basically start out as well as it would end, no matter what happened in between.

But on this particular night, Seulgi couldn't maintain her usual pep and positivity, all because of the temperature - which was far too warm for her liking.

"Goodness, it was so freaking hot today." Seulgi muttered as she fumbled impatiently with her keys, trying to find the one that would unlock the door to their dorms. She hoped that the interior of the building would be much cooler than the sweltering temperatures outside. She was apparently too excited to get inside, because her sense of urgency rendered her unable to get a proper handle on her keys.

"I don't know what you're talking about. It's still hot as hell." Irene watched Seulgi struggle with her keys until she couldn't bear the heat any longer. She took out her own keys, stood in front of Seulgi, and managed to get the door unlocked rather quickly. Seulgi flashed her a sheepish smile in thanks; then they entered the dorms together.

Much to their dismay, the temperatures inside the dorms weren't any better than outside of it, and they expressed their discontent with subdued groans. There was still some hope remaining for this insufferably warm night, which came in the form of the floor fan that Seulgi had brought from home earlier in the year. They believed there was no way that the floor fan could fall short of their expectations. It would provide a just bit of cooling, at least.

 

 

"Uh... Irene?" The girl lying on her bed finally looked up from her phone, unaffected by the blinding brightness that the screen seemed to emit in the utter darkness of the room. Seeing that she had Irene's attention, Seulgi continued quietly: "The fan isn't working..."

"Seriously?" Their appalled expressions mirrored one another.

"It won't turn on - at all. It's plugged in and everything though." Seulgi examined the cooling appliance once more, only to once again find nothing that would cause its failure to operate. "Well, this shouldn't have been too surprising considering that I haven't used it since I was living at home... It's always been a piece of crap anyway." The roommates groaned in unison for the second time that day, and Seulgi sauntered towards her own bed in apparent defeat. She flopped onto her orange bedsheets, facedown. "We'll be lucky if we can get enough sleep through this heat."

"No, we're pretty much doomed." Irene remarked as she slowly rose from her bed. Seulgi watched her curiously. What she was planning to do? Perhaps she was going to do something to allow the two of them to cool off? Seulgi would soon discover that she wasn't completely wrong, but Irene's following actions w

Please log in to read the full chapter