My Friend's Girlfriend (Yebin x Chaeyeon)

Avocado Procrastinates
Please log in to read the full chapter

When Yebin lent Eunjin her statistics notes to copy off of over the weekend, she was sincerely doing it out of the kindness of her little heart. She needed her own notes to get started on her stats project, but she wasn't going to let her friend down like that - because they're friends, and helping each other out is one of the things friendship is all about. Yebin and her heart may be physically small, but she likes to think that she has a lot of love to give. However, as she's climbing the stairs all the way up to her and Eunjin's shared room, which happens to be on the top floor of their dorm building, she is beginning to have her regrets. Yebin usually goes home (her actual home, where her parents are) during the weekend, but she had to return to campus one day earlier than usual to retrieve her notes from her friend and finally start her project. She knows that someone like herself is perfectly capable of completing the project on time with no hassle at all. She blames what Eunjin has affectionately dubbed her 'nerd anxiety' for pushing her to get started as soon as possible. Eunjin is finished copying her notes anyway, and there are plenty of other weekends she can enjoy in the future.

That's what she tells herself as another part of her screeches about the useless elevator in their building that never works, the fact that her tall dancer roommate doesn't struggle nearly as much as she does with these damn stairs, and the slight possibility that Eunjin may or may not have spilled something nasty on her notes, or worse - she could've accidentally torn out a page or two. It sounds like a very Eunjin thing to do. Yebin only wishes she could be surprised. She had sent a text message to Eunjin telling her that she'd be coming back to campus early and swinging by the dorm to grab her notebook, but her friend never responded. She's probably busy dancing with her team or something. So that means Yebin is going to have to find her notebook herself and knowing Eunjin, it's going to be something similar to an archaeological excavation. 'Find the notebook, get the notebook, walk down the stupid stairs, and meet up with Eunchae at the library'. Yebin already has a plan laid out, no problem. She just wants to be in and out as quickly as she could be.

Once she finally reaches the door to her and Eunjin's room, she wastes no time in wrenching her keys out, unlocking the door, and bursting into their room like a scorned housewife. Surprisingly, everything in their room appears untouched, looking exactly the same as it did before she'd left for home. (It usually doesn't work out like that, if that's what you're wondering.) Well, it all looks the same except for the very girl lying on Eunjin's bed holy why is there a very girl lying on Eunjin's bed?!

"YOU'RE NOT EUNJIN!" The very girl shrieks, pulling the blankets up to cover her very self. Fortunately for her, Yebin doesn't see much except for a lot of very pale skin.

"YOU'RE NOT HER EITHER! WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN OUR ROOM?! YOU'RE !" Yebin joins in with the yelling, though it's really not necessary. She also slaps a hand over her eyes though the girl has covered herself already, but a little more covering couldn't hurt, she supposes. She's a careful person.

"GET OUT!"

"I WILL - wha - wait a second, why are you telling me to get out when this is my room?! I should be the one freaking out on you!"

"GET OUT!"

"Alright, alright, I will, geez! Just let me get my notebook first!"

With her hand still shielding her innocent eyes, Yebin stumbles over to Eunjin's desk, but not without any casualties along the way, of course. She manages to step on what she's certain is a push-up bra (that does not belong to Eunjin!) lying on the floor and she screams in horror because really, who wouldn't scream in that kind of situation? In turn, she hears the very pale, very stranger also screaming, but she screams words like 'hurry up', and Yebin finally removes her hand from her eyes and rummages through the catastrophic pile on Eunjin's desk like her life depends on it. And it does, because the very mystery girl sounds like she's going to strangle Yebin with her push-up bra if she took another second to leave the room. Yebin finally finds her notebook near the bottom of Eunjin's disastrous desk mess and she hurriedly yanks it out, causing the pile of papers, notebooks, and whatever-the-hell to topple over and crash down. Papers fly everywhere and there are crumpled snacks and crumbs on the floor but in that moment, even a neat freak like Yebin couldn't care less as she rushes to leave her own room, prompted by a complete stranger. Being the courteous person she is, she doesn't forget to at least lock the door before taking off.

She and Eunjin are definitely going to talk about this later.

 

 

 

"Eunjin, who the heck was in our room?!" Yebin questions as soon as she enters their shared room and sees her roommate sitting at her desk, the very , very angry girl seemingly long gone. Thank goodness. She doesn't have to fear for her life anymore.

Eunjin looks up from the disastrous desk mess she's reassembling. Why doesn't she just take this chance to properly organize her belongings, Yebin wonders. The surprise has ceased, but the wonder never stops. "Oh yeah, you finally met Chaeyeon. She told me about what happened earlier. Sorry about that. I told her to wait for me in our room while I was out and...yeah." Yebin is not surprised at how nonchalant Eunjin is as the taller girl goes back to picking up chip crumbs from the floor. Does she not remember that they have a vacuum cleaner? "I didn't see your text so I didn't know you were coming back early. I didn't know Chae was planning something special for me either." Yebin instantly cringes in disgust upon the thought of that special something. She wants to stop thinking about it but it's hard to stop once she's already started.

"So what? She's your girlfriend?"

Eunjin shrugs, picking up yet another chip crumb from the floor and dropping it into a plastic bag. "I guess you could call her that, yeah."

"Hey, before I agreed on becoming your roommate, we set up rules, and you know it! One of the rules we agreed on was that we couldn't bring anyone over, even while the other was away." Yebin recalls. "I think you know what I mean by 'bring over' too. Not just for a friendly hangout, obviously."

"I think that rule applies more to me, and not really you. Well, it applies to just me, actually. No offense."

"None taken. The point is, you broke one of our rules, and that resulted in something I wouldn't like to happen ever again. Ever. Never ever." Yebin makes an 'x' with her index fingers just to further prove her point, that Eunjin's actions were unacceptable. "I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that this is only the first time you've done this. Just to make it clear, you don't have to tell me otherwise. I'd rather not know. Really."

"Okay." Eunjin stands up to her full height and walks toward her shorter roommate, standing in front of her. "I'm really sorry about that, Yebin. I won't do it again. I will not secretly bring people over while you are gone." Eunjin formally apologizes, and Yebin knows that it's genuine from her tone alone. That's why she and Eunjin are able to get along just fine, if not great, though they are complete opposites from one another. They are willing to patiently work through their differences and learn from each other. Eunjin extends her long arms outward and Yebin goes in for a friendly apology hug. "I can tell you exactly what Chaeyeon and I did, if it makes you feel better about what happened. I don't think she'd mind."

"Please don't. And I think she would mind."

"Are you sure? It was pretty great, I think."

"Um, I'd really prefer that you don't."

"Whatever you say."

 

 

 

Yebin is leaving her management lecture when she accidentally bumps shoulders with someone rather harshly. She apologizes immediately upon contact but she turns her head only to see a frighteningly familiar face. Her heart stops a little and she isn't sure if it's from the lingering fear of being strangled by a push-up bra or from how beautiful she realizes this person is. Well, she hadn't taken a good look at the girl at all during their first encounter (for obvious reasons), and from then on she'd only seen pictures of her through Eunjin's social media. Pictures really couldn't do her beauty any justice. Instead of cowering in fear like her instincts demand her to, Yeb

Please log in to read the full chapter