Heinz, Love Bites, and a Full Moon (Sana x Mina)

Avocado Procrastinates
Please log in to read the full chapter
 

"What kind of vampire consumes so much ketchup? That's not normal, is it? It definitely can't be healthy either." Sana remarked as she watched the vampire in question empty another bottle of Heinz Tomato Ketchup into her silver goblet. "According to popular human belief, vampires are supposed to live entirely off of blood."

"While it is true that we vampires need blood to survive, I personally cannot stomach the taste of blood alone. It is frankly very disgusting, so I have to ingest it with something that will make it palatable." Mina explained, tossing the newly empty bottle of ketchup to the side and adding it to a growing cluster of its kind.

The vampire ignored her lover's grimace as she grabbed the plastic blood bag off of the table and squeezed its syrupy contents into her goblet, all the while stirring the crimson concoction with a long spoon. Once she was satisfied with the consistency of her mixture, she brought the tip of the spoon up to her lips for a taste. The human sitting across from her could only continue to grimace at the vampire who demonstrated her approval of the mixture's flavor - by putting down her spoon and finally drinking from her goblet. Noticing her lover's watchful eyes, Mina lowered her goblet and tilted it toward Sana with a smirk. 

"Why the stare? Do you want a taste?"

As expected, the other woman shook her head, moreso at the vampire's unusual form of nourishment than at her teasing gesture. "Why don't you just feed like everyone else?" Sana questioned. She was referring to the other vampires in Mina's coven, who were at the moment absent because they were seeking blood in the manner that the human considered "normal". (On the other hand, Mina's feeding habits required stealthy trips to the nearest grocery store and hospital, of which her significant other didn't exactly agree with.)

"The last time I truly fed was when I was a hundred years old. No longer do I possess even the slightest interest in barbaric practices such as hunting, trapping, and biting when I can easily attain what I need without inflicting harm on others." Sana had to admit that Mina's genuine displays of compassion (among many other qualities that other vampires she encountered thus far did not possess) convinced her to remain by the vampire's side in spite of their obvious differences. But she was much too curious to give up now.

These silent, late nights in the castle were beginning to grow dull, and at the same time, Sana's curiosity was getting the best of her. Since she was romantically involved with a vampire, why shouldn't she undergo some experience that other humans wouldn't have? For instance, getting bitten by the vampire who loved her? It would be a literal love bite. Sana had always wondered how it would feel to have Mina's fangs sink inside of her and pierce their way into her blood vessels (the most the vampire did was scrape the tips of her fangs teasingly against her skin). Consensual blood consumption seemed like an intimate activity for a couple, so why not give it a try, Sana thought.

The only obstacle standing in the way of her interests was the fact that Mina wasn't the typical hunt-you-down-and--you-dry kind of vampire - she was a calm, graceful, ketchup-blood bag devotee. Fortunately for Sana, she had learned how to persuade her lover, and she was particularly determined tonight. She decided that she wasn't going home until her goals were achieved. She liked challenges anyway.

"Hey, if you ingest blood like that, then what's the point of having and maintaining those fangs of yours? Are they just for show?" Sana pointed out, eyeing the pair of sharp projections in her lover's mouth. 

"Although I do not retain them for practical purposes, I am still a vampire, and a vampire's pride and joy will always be their fangs."

Please log in to read the full chapter