Asked for It (Bona x Cheng Xiao)

Avocado Procrastinates
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Can you please go, Bona?" The blond man pleads his also blond twin sister, who deliberately turns away each time he tries to face her. "This is the only favor of its kind that I'll ever ask from you, so Xuan Yi can finally quit bugging Hyungwon, who then bugs me, about it. You know how my boyfriend and his best friend are; he can't refuse when she wants something and vice-versa. They're so annoying. And insistent." When the much shorter Bona can't evade him anymore, Minhyuk presents his secret weapon in the form of his bottom lip adorably jutting out. "Please have some consideration for me, your lovable older brother."

Bona slightly cringes in disgust and jabs a finger into Minhyuk's forehead to push her twin's pouting face away. She meets some resistance as he leans forward, refusing to back down. She knows her fingernail will leave a crescent-shaped indentation in the middle of his forehead but that's not her problem. "That gross pouty thing may work on your whipped boyfriend but it definitely won't work with me. You've asked me like, a hundred times already. You know I don't do blind dates, Minhyuk."

The older twin lets out an exaggerated sigh that makes Bona want to flick his forehead (but she decides against it because he'd whine to Hyungwon and she'll never hear the end of it). "Xuan Yi seriously wants to set her friend up with a 'high quality' person, and she's not going to back down unless she finds that someone and they go on a date with her friend. Hyungwon is asking you specifically because he's choosing the best candidate he knows. We wouldn't ask for anything from you unless we have to." When Bona still doesn't seem convinced by persuasion alone, Minhyuk adds for that last push, "And remember that time Hyungwon and I had to go pick you up from a party and take you to the hospital because you were so drunk that you got a ring toss thing stuck around your head - "

"Ugh okay, shut up." Bona hurriedly interjects, almost shuddering at that embarrassing memory. She knew it'd be used against her sooner or later. "I'll go, but only on one condition: make it a double date with you and Hyungwon...and I will trust you to purposely ruin my date to the best of your ability. I don't want to wind up going on multiple dates with some random friend of Xuan Yi's. Hyungwon will suspect something if I personally try to sabotage the date myself, so it's up to you and your naturally destructive talents to protect me from a second date."

"No problem, I got this. Anything for my baby sister." Minhyuk says with a reassuring grin as he affectionately pats Bona on the head. She rolls her eyes in return.

"I'm only two minutes younger than you."

"Doesn't change a single thing." Although she's quite reluctant, her twin appears genuinely relieved and a lot more relaxed, at the very least. "Thanks for going along with this, Bona. I really appreciate it."

"Yeah, yeah. You probably would've resorted to blackmail if I didn't agree."

"You're totally right."

 

 

 

Bona realizes that she screwed up.

She screwed up big time...

Because her date has turned out to be the most beautiful and cutest human being she has ever encountered in her entire life?! Not once did she expect to be set up with a literal angel! Why does this cruel world hate her so much? She's wearing an amiable smile at the moment but inside, she's shrieking wildly like Minhyuk does whenever Hyungwon gets injured (and it happens often because boy, that man is weak). She briefly wonders if her twin will notice her thinly veiled panic, and her question answers itself as he flashes her a mischievous grin and a quick 'OK' sign with his index finger and thumb. Oh gosh...

"You're related, right?" The beauty named Cheng Xiao asks as she glances between Bona and Minhyuk, who are seated across from her and Hyungwon, respectively.

"Yes, we're twins, actually." Minhyuk answers for the two of them. "But you obviously can't tell by appearance alone since I'm the much better looking twin." Bona only rolls her eyes, not bothered enough to speak up. "We don't really have that much in common either."

"You both have blond hair." Cheng Xiao points out with a smile. Has Bona yet mentioned that Cheng Xiao's smile could light up the whole universe and beyond? If she hasn't, well, that's what her smile could do.

Minhyuk flicks his invisible long hair to the side, scoffing. "I had blond hair first, and being the second child that she is, Bona copied me of course." 

"I dyed my hair blond the same day you did, and I didn't even know you dyed yours." Bona explains with a glare directed toward her twin. "I suit blonde better than you do, anyway."

"Another thing they have in common is the fact that they're probably going to go bald around the same time as well since they're both constantly dyeing their hair." Hyungwon nonchalantly remarks as the blond twins simultaneously reach up to touch the hair on their heads, apprehensive looks on their faces. Cheng Xiao's eyes remain on Bona, and she giggles at the woman's cute reaction to Hyungwon's remark. "The waiter is headed toward us. Everyone knows what they want for the next course, right?" Minhyuk's boyfriend asks before Cheng Xiao shows him her menu, confused by a few things since she isn't quite familiar with Korean culture yet.

While those two are momentarily distracted, Bona takes up this opportunity to position her menu in front her and her twin, obscuring their faces from view. "ABORT MISSION ABORT MISSION." She vigorously attempts to mouth at Minhyuk, but he appears confused for a second before a knowing smile graces his face and he nods in understanding. Somehow, she feels that something isn't right.

"So, Cheng Xiao," Minhyuk calls out as

Please log in to read the full chapter