Wendy's Nerd (You x Wendy)

Avocado Procrastinates
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Classes for the day had already ended, but unlike the other students who had chosen to go home right away, you stayed behind. You went to the school's library, and there, you would read for hours. You really enjoyed reading, from the bottom of your heart. You could and you would read anything, from children's fairy tales to Korean-English dictionaries.

None of your peers seemed to appreciate reading as much as you did - in fact, they thought of you as a nerd, for immersing yourself in books whenever you possibly could. You didn't care much for what people thought of you, as long as you were doing what you enjoyed. And you loved to read.

Since you had already read all of the books at home and the books you had checked out from your local public library, you decided to read in your school's library, where you had yet to read everything you had access to. Today, you were reading a crime fiction novel, with a few sprinkles of romance here and there between the main character and his mystery-solving partner. Although you read a wide range of books, you had to admit that your favorite genre to read was romance.

People must wonder, why might you, Jung Jaerin the nerd, enjoy reading romance out of all the possible genres to read about? It was simple really - you were craving for a romance of your own, much like those you read about in books. A fated meeting, a destined love, intertwined futures - you wanted to be swept off of your feet by your very own charming prince(ss). Yes, you already had someone in mind, someone you had a crush on.

Her name was Wendy Son.

Wendy was a student who had transferred to your high school all the way from Ontario, Canada. She was everything you had ever wanted - funny, sweet, smart, talented, and very pretty. She was also a grade below you, a girl who was younger than you.

You met her a few months ago when she had signed up for Korean classes after school, and you helped her for a while. She was so eager to learn, to improve her Korean, and you couldn't help but find it very endearing. She didn't read nearly as much as you did, but she acknowledged the fact that you really loved reading. She didn't disrespect you like others would; she even admitted to finding your hobby admirable.

You really liked Wendy, really, but was there any chance that she'd want to be with a nerd like you? Wendy, the amazing, guitar-playing singer? You usually didn't believe in rumors and things of that sort (since they tended to be untrue and damaging) but you couldn't resist placing a little bit of hope in a certain rumor. A rumor going around that the Wendy Son liked you, Jung Jaerin. Nerdy Jaerin, who always had her head in a book. It might have been silly, maybe even foolish, but you had hope.

Back when you were tutoring her, Wendy had always looked at you for a little long, sat next to you a little too closely, and touched you a little too affectionately - for a friend, at least. That might have just been your wishful thinking, but who knows? You didn't, and you probably never will, now that Wendy stopped attending the after school Korean classes.  It was even harder since she was an underclassman. You never saw her around anymore, and this saddened you deeply.

However, a friend of yours recently told you that particular rumor about Wendy having a crush on you, and you longed to see her again. Perhaps then, you could either confirm or debunk the rumor, and be satisfied either way. Your deepest wish could come true, or you could be sent plunging down into reality, where Wendy didn't share your feelings. You just needed closure.

Apparently, someone had heard your wish, because someone sat down next to you while you were reading - and it was none other than the charming Wendy Son. You looked up from your book, wearing an expression of complete surprise. Was this a dream? How was it possible that you were finally reunited with Wendy, and she had come right to you? You didn't realize that you were gaping at her until she giggled and spoke up:

"Hey Jaerin unnie."

Her voice was still as smooth and pleasant to the ears as ever. You set your book down on the table and smoothed out your skirt. Did your hair look okay? Was there anything on your face? Something between your teeth? Never in your life had you wished so much to look presentable.

"H-Hello Wend

Please log in to read the full chapter