Jongup's Adventure

Vigilantes At Sea

Hi! I got a request for something centered around Jongup ^_^ So this is what I thought of. It takes place right after they leave New York. New York --> Canada --> European countries[Where they go next]


                “Thank you for shopping with us!”

            Jongup waved at the cashier and then exited the store, the bell jiggling as he closed the door. He looked down at his recent nicely wrapped purchase, mixed among his other bags of food he was holding for Yukwon, and beamed, ‘Noona is going to love these chocolates! Oh! That store looks interesting…’

            The smiling vigilante hurried across the crowded street to a music store. He stared in through the window, full of wonder as he saw different instruments, such as something that looked similar to a harmonica or two spoons connected at the base.

            ‘I wonder if Himchan can play those… maybe I should buy one so he can learn.’

            Jongup was walking in when he realized that he hadn’t told Yukwon where he had gone. ‘Crap!’ He looked up and stared down the street. Then he looked the other direction.

            ‘I have no idea where I am,’ Jongup groaned. “The Hyungs aren’t going to like this.”

            Shuffling his bags around, he pulled out his phone and called Himchan’s phone.

            A professional sounding woman’s voice flowed over the speaker, “I’m sorry, but this phone is roaming. If you would still like to make the call and pay the fee, please press 2 and then the pound key.”

            “Right, this is my American phone,” Jongup mumbled as he put it away. He glared at the beautiful ocean themed signs. “Canada is so close to America, why does my phone not work? Why can’t one phone work all over the world?”

            With a sigh, Jongup looked around trying to figure out which way to go in order to get back to Block B’s boat.

            “Well,” Jongup said as he started to walk left, “Youngjae always told me to head downhill if I’m looking for water.”

            Since B.A.P had never been to Canada, everything was new to Jongup, which meant he was easily distracted. As he walked he looked into every store window, even going in a few to pick up more things like maple syrup that claimed it was ‘The World’s Best’ only to go a few more blocks to find more syrup that was ‘The World’s Best’.

            It was after the fifth bottle that Jongup began to notice that bags were getting heavy. He studied them as he lifted them, as if they were a dumbbell, testing how heavy they were.

            “I really should get back soon…” Jongup mumbled under his breath. He looked around again and smiled when he spotted the ocean in the distance.

            The water wasn’t in the direction of the road, leaving Jongup confused as he wondered what to do. He debated between following the road until he got to the next intersection and taking the alley which looked to be a straighter more direct route to the ocean which is where the port should be. He stood there debating so long that people were starting to look at him and whisper.

            Jongup looked to the sky and noticed that the sun was going down, “Well… I need to get back soon. Might as well…I can handle myself if anything happens.”

            Not wanting to attract any more attention coupled with wanting to get back before dark, Jongup finally decided on the alley. He didn’t want to chance getting into trouble, so once he was out of sight he began to jog. It was a light jog, nothing he couldn’t handle, but he also was trying to keep watch of his surroundings. If he got into a fight, Cee or Himchan would definitely not be happy.

            Thankfully, the alleyways were much cleaner than the ones in New York, so he didn’t worry about tripping. Nor were there many places for people to hide and jump out at him from.

            ‘I haven’t seen any homeless or druggies… maybe this is a town with no criminals!!’ Jongup was amazed at the thought and upon seeing the wharf getting closer he picked up his pace.

            “I made it!” Jongup cheered once he arrived.

            The place was beautiful with boats in every port, and people bustling about. With the sun hitting the horizon, the random people were dwindling, or trying to finish up their tasks. The part that made Jongup start to frown was that he didn’t recognize it.

            ‘Could I have ran to the wrong place—DID I RUN ALL THE WAY TO A DIFFERENT CITY!’

            “Hey you, runner.”

            Jongup turned around to face the male voices. There stood, or were bending over, four men breathing heavily. One, the one who called out was wearing a black beanie. Two others were wearing blue and green beanies with black shirts and blue jeans like the first man. The last was wearing a camouflage jacket and jeans.

            “Me?” Jongup asked.

            “Yeah! Was there anyone else running?” The man with the green beanie asked.

            “I guess not… do I know you?” Jongup gasped. “Were you sent to find me?”

            “What? No!” The main man with the black beanie had finally caught his breath and stepped forward. As he did so he pulled out a switchblade, “We are here to rob you. Give us your things and scram or lose them with your life.”

            “No way!” Jongup looked around frantically, “Did I run all the way back to America!”

            The group of thieves looked confused, “You aren’t—“

            “How will they find me?! Wait, maybe my cellphone will work now,” Jongup moved all his bags to his left hand as he grabbed his cellphone.

            “You are still in Canada!”

            “Yeah, now give us your things!” The green beanie guy ran forward and slashed at Jongup.

            Being used to fighting, Jongup backed up without even having to think about it.

            “I’m still in Canada?” Jongup asked.

            “Nowhere close to the border. Now—“

            Jongup sighed, “And here I thought this would be a great place to live. No crime, interesting instruments for Himchan, so many different maple syrups for Daehyun to try, and even near America for Cee to visit home.”

            “Hey! Do you not understand you are being robbed here?” While Jongup had been feeling gloomy, he had been surrounded.

            “You ruined this town for me!” Jongup pointed at the black beanie man who was in front of him.

            “I’ve had enough of this. Boys, get him!” At the order, all four men moved in at once.

            Jongup side stepped the one coming at his right, the one with the green beanie, and then kicked him into men on the left, who was wearing the red one, letting the right man stab the left. Hearing a yell, he ducked. Seeing the man coming at him from behind more clearly, he kicked out and hit him in the groin. The robber screamed as he fell to the ground.

            “The , man!?” The man from the front asked. “That was a low blow…”

            Jongup tilted his head in confusion, “You are planning on killing me…”

            “Yeah, but… that… that’s kinda harsh, ya’naw?”

            “I don’t understand… I think killing is worse. Maybe you should go, that guy looks like he needs a doctor.” Jongup pointed to the one stabbed on the ground.

            “He’ll be fine,” The stabber stood next to the main man.

            “I don’t know… I’ve seen a lot of stab wounds in my line of work and I think you got him near the heart.” Jongup worriedly looked down at the bleeding man, the blood matching his hat.

            “Just give us your stuff!”

            Jongup looked up just in time to see the knife coming towards his face. He jumped back in time to miss the blow, but then two gun shots rang out. He looked at the men to see them as startled as him, if not more so. The one holding the knife stared at his weapon in disbelief.

            The sharp part of the knife lay on the ground, shot off from the hilt which remained in the man’s hand.

            “Jongup!”

            Jongup smiled as he looked at his saviors, “Himchan Hyung! Noona!”

            “! He has back up! Let’s go!”

            The two uninjured men picked up the stabbed victim and ran while the one wearing camouflage hobbled away, still holding onto his crotch.

            “Jongup, are you okay?” Himchan asked as they reached him, both panting from the sprint over.

            “I’m fine! Thanks for showing up, I didn’t have time to pull my gun out,” Jongup smiled.

          “Picking on Jongup,” Cee glared after them, “You should have killed them instead of scare them, Himchan.”

            Himchan patted Jongup’s shoulder, reassuring himself the younger was okay, “I didn’t want to cause a bigger scene than needed.”

            Cee’s hand was itching to reach for her gun on her lower back, “They got lucky…”

            The sound of sirens finally could be heard in the distance. Himchan nudged Jongup and Cee in front of him, “Come on, we have to go before the police get here.”

            “Right,” Cee sighed and began running; Jongup followed her with Himchan next to him.

            “Why were you over here, Jongup?” Cee asked.

            Jongup smiled sheepishly, “I got lost. But I found the port!”

            Himchan groaned, “I told Yukwon not to let you leave his sight…”

            “I bought souvenirs!” Jongup said almost in apology.

            Cee chuckled, “I hear glass clinking. How many bottles did you buy?”

            “Noona! You won’t believe how many places sell ‘The World’s Best’ maple syrup! How can there be so many types?!”

            “Oh no…”

            Cee couldn’t help but laugh, “Jongup, you really are one of a kind.”

            He smiled, “I hope we can make pancakes soon, I want to see which one I like the most!”

            Himchan shook his head, trying to forget how much money the younger could have used to buy syrup, and smiled. He ruffled his brothers’ hair, “Let’s make it a contest with everyone on the ship as judges. Then we can figure out which one really is the best.”

          “That sounds like fun!” Jongup beamed. “Maybe Yukwon Hyung will help me make the pancakes. I’ll go ask!” Jongup sprinted ahead.

            “Wait!” Cee yelled out as she tried to increase her speed. “Come back!”

            “Jongup, Don’t get lost again!” Himchan raced after him, but with his mind occupied with pancakes and judging, Jongup wasn’t able to hear them.

            Luckily, the older two caught up to him and slowed him down to their pace. Himchan was swearing and complaining about needing to start running more. Cee was holding onto Jongup with her good arm to make sure he didn’t run off again and complained about how the running had hurt her shoulder wound. Yet, Jongup still smiled, happy he had people who cared enough to find him, people to watch his back, and more importantly, people who accepted who he was and worked to include his quirks into the group.

            He smiled widely and gripped his bags tightly, the weight no longer bothering him, instead making him anticipate the fun that was yet to come.

           


A/N: Hey thanks for reading ^_^

If you have any requests please message me here or on the tumblr blog. I'll write pretty much anything if it works with these guys ^_^

Remember, this is a side thing, so I won't write anything unless people ask for it :\