Party Boat

Vigilantes At Sea

So, we know about the B.A.P. boys' backstories, but what about the Block B and BTS guys?

What happened in their lives to make them all go into this line of work?

My last request in the box! Hope you enjoy! And if you have any questions etc. please feel free to ask!!


                The moon shined down on the black calm ocean waters that carried Block B’s boat. It was well into the night yet, the boat was not only still fully lit but, music also boomed from the main deck. It was cold outside by now but, that didn’t stop the fighters from having fun.

            Tonight was the last night everyone would be on the boat together. In the afternoon, BTS would be getting off at Italy. Then after another month or so doing more errands for Block B, in time they would drop B.A.P off in Mexico. So, they had decided to throw a party.

            Some guys had done rapping or even rap battles against each other, others did karaoke, like Cee, dancing and dance battling were a huge part of the night, and mostly everyone was drinking. The younger ones although underage were even drinking because according to their pirate friends, on the open sea there was no drinking age.

            At around 2 pm everyone had started getting tired, moving to the chairs around a fire pit Taeil had made earlier. As a song ended Himchan flopped down into a chair and twirled Cee into his lap. She giggled, although breathless from the dancing they had just done, and hugged him tight not caring about her reputation or what anyone on this boat thought about her. Tonight she was with her family and friends having fun. Tonight, she was more happy and relaxed than she remembered possible.

            She sighed contently and looked around the circle. Himchan and Cee were sitting to the left of Kyung who was next to Zico who had his arm around Jaehyo on his other side. Beside Jaehyo was Youngjae and Daehyun, then Suga, J-Hope, B-Bomb and U-kwon, Jin, Namjoon, Yongguk, and then Taeil on Cee and Himchan’s left. Only Jongup, Zelo, Jungkook, V, and Jimin were still dancing and P.O. was taking a walk around the boat, taking his turn in making sure nothing would disturb them all. Surprisingly, the three groups around the circle were mixed up.

            “But, how did you all meet?” Cee finally tuned into the conversation at Namjoon’s question.

            “I was curious too,” Jin said. “Two huge groups from our country who have supposedly known each other for years yet, you all aren’t under one banner.”

            The fire crackled as silence set in around them. Cee looked between Zico and Yongguk and groaned at their serious expressions. “Nice going, you two. We were having such a great party and you go and turn it serious.”

            “Wha—I didn’t know!” Namjoon looked surprised.

            “It’s alright.” Everyone looked at Zico. “We are all friends here so, perhaps it’s time to swap stories.”

            Yukwon sighed, “We aren’t truly friends until we all know each other’s reasons for being in game, huh?”

            Namjoon looked guilty, “I didn’t mean to pry…”

            “We’ll tell you ours if you tell us yours?” B-Bomb smiled as he nudged J-Hope.

            “To answer your question simply, Jin,” Zico’s strong voice lifted over the group and everyone hushed. “One thing you seem to be forgetting is that us in Block B are not… good guys. We aren’t the heroes in anyone’s story but, the shadows in the background of the fights.”

            Hearing Zico’s tone the young boys stopped dancing and grabbed some chairs to sit on in order to listen.

            Kyung poked the fire with a new log, “No ma’er the group we deliver weapons. ‘Tis our job.”

            Zico nodded, “This is one reason why I didn’t search out Yongguk when he went missing from school.”

            The BTS boys and even some of B.A.P, including Cee, looked around the fire confused. Cee understood the groups’ difference, that fact never left her mind in all the time she knew them. She eyes widened as realization hit her. ‘How long as Zico been an arms dealer?’

            “I first held a gun when I was 5 years old. I was 7 when I was first part of a sale. That is the kind of life you live when your father is an arms dealer.” Zico leaned back in his chair and surveyed them before continuing, “Yongguk, although older, hung out with Kyung and me in elementary school. When Yongguk’s father…”

            “When my policeman father turned dirty,” Yongguk provided.

            Zico nodded sadly, “We became closer. We both knew the terror of horrible fathers.”

            “Father by blood…”

            “Not by choice,” Zelo finished his brother’s words and Yongguk placed a hand on his shoulders happy he was near him.

            “I was 15 almost 16 when Yongguk disappeared from school and rumors of him killin’ his dad were the talk of the town,” Zico shook his head. “I don’t know how you did it…”

            “I wouldn’t let him take Junhong from me,” Yongguk’s eye burned with anger.

            “I know,” Zico nodded and continued. “Yongguk is the righteous type so, there was no way I could have invited you to my place.”

            “I wouldn’t have come,” Yongguk answered as if telling Zico not to worry about the past.

            “So, you became an arms dealer because of your dad?” V asked.

            Zico stared into the fire for a long time before speaking again, “Not three months after Yongguk left school I ended up fatherless too. A rival gang had swooped in while Kyung and I had been out on the town one night and killed my father’s whole gang—well, almost everyone.”

            B-Bomb sighed, “P.O. and I had been out on a job otherwise we would have died too.”

            “You two worked for Zico’s father?” Jimin looked shocked.

            B-Bomb shrugged, “Our parents died and I need work to support my brother and I. I had been running guns for him for… 3 years before he died.”

            “Your brother?” Cee asked in surprise.

            “You didn’t know we were related?” P.O. finally returned from his safety check. Cee’s jaw dropped as her eyes flicked from one to the other.

            P.O. gave a booming laugh, “Separate fathers.”

            Cee nodded but, still didn’t see a family resemblance.

“Zico and I returned ‘ome to a bloody mess. I mean it. Blood and guts ever’where. Bullet holes in the wall,” Kyung shook his head, “We had to talk to the cops for hours.”

“Home was the same place?” J-Hope asked confused.

Himchan shook his head, “You all aren’t good at telling a story.”

“Maphaps, we like the confusion and bein’ asked questions,” Kyung grinned but, it dropped shortly as he knew it was his time to tell more of the story. “My parent’s died in a car accident. Nothing excited. I was from a normal house but, Zico’s dad adopted me since we were so close and because… he knew with how good I was at being quiet that I would be an asset.”

Namjoon nodded, “So after that you took control of the company?”

Zico shrugged, “It was that or starve. B-Bomb and P.O. came back to a day later and I knew if we didn’t do something we would have to separate and survive on our own somehow.”

“So we did wha’ we knew bes’,” Kyung smiled.

“Selling weapons,” P.O. said.

“And…” Jin looked the three other members of Block B.

“I guess I came next,” Jaehyo grumbled. “I escaped my… family and stowed away on Block B’s ship. They were going to throw me off into the ocean once they found me but, I was able to fix their computer so, they gave me the option of staying.”

“Doesn’t sound like much of an option,” Suga whispered to Daehyun.

“You escaped your family?” Cee asked.

Jaehyo grimaced, “I was sold to a house when I was young so, everyone there was family since they raised me. Raised me then forced me to pay them back by sleeping with customers. After a few years and too many bad experiences, I had to get out.”

Zico placed his hand on Jaehyo’s arm and gave his a little squeeze. It was rare for Zico to show affection for Jaehyo in front of people so, even this little gesture and the look in Zico’s eyes had people feeling uncomfortable, as if they were invading their privacy.

Taeil cracked his lollipop to break the atmosphere, “I had crappy parents and teased for everything at school so I dropped out and did security on the docks. I started noticing something fishy with some boats and went to take a look. I accidentally walked on to the boat as Zico was trying to make a deal with a nearby gang.”

B-Bomb laughed, “I almost killed you for it.”

Taeil grinned, “I played it off though. Told ‘em everything was secure for departure and even escorted the buyers off the docks.”

“Never been smoother,” Zico smirked.  

            “Well, I walked back and asked for a job. I named every weapon they showed me and told them how to make them better. Thankfully, I’ve always liked weapons so even the shooting went well.”

            “Then a few months after we picked up Taeil, we found you,” B-Bomb smiled at the man in his lap.

Yukwon rolled his eyes, “More like I was kidnapped.”

            “You were kidnapped?” Jongup looked shocked.

            Yukwon groaned, “I was running away from a debt I couldn’t pay when I ran into P.O. who had been my friend way back in the day. I hid out on the boat but, before I could get off we were already at sea.”

            Kyung laughed, “The look on yer face.”

            “What happened?” Jungkook asked with wide eyes.

            “Well,” Yukwon shrugged, “I didn’t have a job or family so, I joined.”

            Cee raised an eyebrow, “Just like that, huh?”

            B-Bomb grinned, “Just like that?”

            Yukwon elbowed him in the ribs as B-Bomb laughed. Cee smiled seeing a faint redness fall over Yukwon’s face and knew exactly what had happened. A lot can happen before returning to land. Even emotions can bloom.

            “And that’s how Block B came to exist.” Zico ended.

            “And the pirate thing?” Cee asked.

            “I always wanted to be a pirate,” Kyung smiled.

            “And moving around seemed safer than having one base of operations.” Zico added.

            Everyone sat in thought, giving the story some time to settle. Cee shivered against the cold and burrowed into Himchan more. He chuckled and gripped her tighter.

            “So,” Taeil finally said, “What’s your deal?”

            Namjoon shrugged, “Nothing as amazing as that.”

            “We all grew up in an orphanage where we all were neglected,” Jin said. “If we wanted anything we generally had to buy it ourselves somehow.”

            Suga looked at Jin, “As the oldest we would go out and steal what we could to get by.”

            “Or do odd jobs. Anything we could find so we wouldn’t go to bed hungry or cold,” Jin sighed. “After a while I noticed Namjoon was doing the same thing but, being more dangerous about it.”

            “I couldn’t let you do it all yourselves,” He crossed his arms. “Plus, some of the kids were going missing or were sold to bad people.”

            Himchan gripped Cee’s hand as he looked over at Jongup. Cee patted his arm and stared at Youngjae who was being warmed by Daehyun. The pair looked lost in their own past hearing about orphans.

            J-Hope nodded, “We banded together and learned how to stay hidden and protect ourselves.”

            “Eventually, I had to leave and Suga soon after,” Jin said.

            “Not wanting to break us up,” Namjoon stepped in, “I arranged a breakout which wasn’t very hard. We lived on the streets for a few years learning the trade and then once we got better we went after the bad guys—the real people who should pay for the horrors our world has become.”

            “And now we are here,” V smiled.    

            “Now we’re all here,” Youngjae’s words were mixed with sorrow.

            “But, we made it this far,” Cee locked eyes with Youngjae. “This isn’t the end.”

            He smiled, “Did we switch roles?”

            She smiled back, “Only when the occasion calls for it.”

            They went through the motions of explaining the B.A.P member’s pasts. More horror stories popped up or adventures gone wrong. Soon, misadventures and crazy tales were shared and laughter filled the air.

Eventually the sky began to lighten. Groans and moans filled the early morning air as the groups made their way below deck and to their own beds, for the most part. As each person split off and said good night there were warm feelings given. Cee hugged Kyung, P.O., B-Bomb, and the rest of the Block B’s good night, even though it was still slightly awkward with Zico. She went to give pats on shoulders to the young BTS boys but had somehow ended up in a huge group hug which everyone of board joined in on.

            It was a night they would all never forget. A precious night of fun in midst a world of chaos while also opening their hearts more to friends. Their bonds were stronger now. With smiles and warm hearts everyone finally filed to bed.