Welcome Aboard

Vigilantes At Sea

            The sun beat down upon the girl’s black zip up sweater, threatening to make her sweat if not for the light wind. She ignored the heat and continued to stare at the café across the street from her as she sat on a bench. It was a strange feeling to be outside so early while wearing her ‘working’ clothes, the ones she wore when she didn’t want anyone to see her face or pay attention to her, but in her rush to pack earlier, this was all she had left out.

            She sighed, not for the first time and rolled her neck, indecision wrecking her brain.

            “I see you haven’t gone in yet.”

          She jumped at the sound, but smiled when she saw it was her boyfriend, “Himchan, did Youngjae send you?”

            “No, I thought I would keep you company,” He sat down next to her and stared at the café with her.

            “You don’t think I’ll go in?”

            “Cee, I know you aren’t going to go in.”

            She sighed, “What am I supposed to do, Himchan? He didn’t ask me to stay; he never said I was allowed to go back to the café… how am I supposed to properly say goodbye when things are still awkward between us?”

            Himchan shrugged, “I wasn’t the one who said to come.”

            “It was Youngjae,” Cee grumbled, “thinking this would help my… people skills.”

            “At least he didn’t ask you to say goodbye to Kang,” Himchan said with a hint of laughter in his voice.

            Cee smiled, “Nah, Youngjae knew that would never happen. If anything I might have had to kill people just to get out without signing a contract to work only for that man.”

            Himchan laughed and the atmosphere lightened. Cee took her eyes off the building for only a minute to look up at her boyfriend, the word still uncomfortable in , and let his smile make her feel at ease.

            “Ah, it looks like we were spotted,” Himchan nodded towards their target.

            Cee’s eyes immediately darted back to the café to see women dressed as maids jogging across the street towards them. She stood up as she felt her heart rate rising from fear of what was to come. She never had to leave people before and even though she didn’t talk to these people on a regular basis, they were still her people, people under her protection, and in this situation her former co-workers.

            “Serena! What are you doing out here?” Hyosung was the first to ask, and one of the only since a small mass of girls crowded around Himchan.

            “I’m,” Cee took a deep breath to calm herself and clear her head. A lot went into saying half-truths without letting important information slip, or forcing oneself to lie. “I’m going to be leaving with Himchan and the rest of the guys.”

            “What?!” Now everyone’s attention was on her. “What about the café? What about Jeremy? You should come in and say goodbye to everyone.”

            She slowly shook her head, “I don’t think I can.”

            Thousands of questions pelted them, so many that Cee couldn’t understand half of them.

            “Ladies,” Himchan smiled and just like that had everyone’s attention, “I need to continue on and I couldn’t leave my girlfriend behind, now could I? I promise not to let any unnecessary harm come to her.”

            Cee almost laughed, knowing why Himchan had to say unnecessary, which was definitely not the reason the girls before them were thinking. She caught Hyosung’s eye though and she wasn’t smiling.

            “Serena, are you really leaving?” Hyosung asked seriously. She gave a curt nod and Hyosung frowned. “Things are not going to be easy with you gone. None of us can handle the creeps like you.”

            “Jeremy will need to hire more security—better security,” Cee motioned for Hyosung’s pad of paper she carried to take down orders and began to write things down. “I have a few names of guys who should be looked into, and another list of people who shouldn’t be hired at any costs.”

            “Oh… okay,” Hyosung looked at the pad curiously as Cee tapped the pen to her lip.

            “Also,” As a last minute thought Cee wrote down a phone number, “This is my number. If anything goes wrong or something happens to someone, call me. I’ll try to come home as fast as I can.” Cee passed the note pad back, pretending not to see Himchan’s surprised expression.

            Hana laughed, “Serena, why would we call you for any of that? Wouldn’t we call the police?”

            Some other girls laughed, which made Cee force a small smile. She realized her error in forgetting that they didn’t know who she was or what she did, but when she looked back at Hyosung, she could tell that the Hostess had some idea. She might not know everything, but perhaps after the fight she saw Cee win in the café, or maybe it was one injure too many, one way or another she knew; Hyosung knew if Cee was called back that justice would be had.

            It was a slight nod of Hyosung’s head that solidified these thoughts in Cee’s head and let her know that the store would be okay.

            “We should probably get going,” Himchan said as he looked at his watch. “Everyone is waiting for us.”

            “You aren’t going to say goodbye to Jeremy?” “Your own Uncle?!”

            In a moment of hesitation, Cee flicked her eyes back up to the café and in a of luck, there was Jeremy staring out the front window after taking a customer’s order. Their eyes locked and so many emotions were exchanged even though a window, a street, and a circle of women were in between them.

            She could feel her guard slipping away as she waited for some sign of acceptance or approval from Jeremy. They were on decent terms, enough that he would call her, but Cee wasn’t sure if he actually wanted to see her while she was, in his mind, on the opposite side of the law.

            Then, she saw Jeremy’s jaw tighten and he gave a small nod. Cee immediately pushed her emotions away and gave him a nod back. It took a small second for Jeremy to turn away, but Cee swore she saw a tiny smile grace his lips and she knew that sooner or later, they might be okay. Never back to normal, but the day where they could sit down and talk in the same room would eventually come.

            “Well?” Jieun asked.

            Cee blinked, remembering the crowd around her. “I’ve said my goodbyes, we’ll be leaving now.”

            “I’ll let Jeremy see this, in case he needs to get ahold of you as well,” Hyosung said quietly. Cee nodded and then Himchan was guiding Cee out of the crowd to the car.

            “You going to be okay?” Hmichan asked carefully.

            Cee sighed deeply once she got into the passenger seat, “I’ll be fine. We said goodbye and Hyosung will give him my number.”

            “I’m surprised about that as well… planning on keeping the same number?”

            Cee shrugged as Himchan began to drive, “It was a Google Voice number so it is hooked up to my computer. I’ve never found a use for it before now.”

            Himchan hummed in understanding. He gave her a few minutes to think before starting to talk about anything and everything, wanting to distract her from what didn’t transpire at the café. Cee appreciated it, even smiled, but what Himchan didn’t know was that the events that happened were better than what Cee could have hoped for.

            Cee smiled to herself as she looked out the window, seeing the docks slowly getting closer, ‘At least I didn’t get a chance to see if Jeremy would have security throw me out of the shop.’

            It was only a few more minutes, some of them singing to songs on the radio, which Cee threatened Himchan never to speak of to anyone, but finally they arrived at the warehouses. B-Bomb was at the door and upon seeing Himchan he clicked a button and rose the shutter door. Himchan drove the car in and parked beside the wall.

            “Handy,” Cee said as she jumped out.

            “You have a place for these?” Himchan jingled the keys.

            “Yeah, we’ll keep it safe for you in case you guys come back,” B-bomb caught the keys as Himchan tossed them to him.

            Cee chuckled, “Honestly, you can rent this piece of crap out. Make some money on it. If something happens to it we can hotwire another one.”

            B-Bomb raised an eyebrow in concern, “Do I even want to know who this originally belonged to?”

            Cee smirked as she began to walk into the main room, “Don’t worry about it… they’ve been dead for a while now.”

            Himchan chuckled as he caught up to her, kissing the top of her head while he swung his arm around her shoulders. “That’s my girlfriend.”

            “Seriously! Who where they?!” B-bomb called after them.

            “Do you know?” Himchan whispered.

            “I think it was some druggies on Elm Street?” Cee said unsure.

            Himchan smiled and flipped them so they were walking backwards and looking at B-bomb, “Don’t worry, it was no one who had friends. And if they did, I’m sure Block B could take care of them.”

            “We can take care of anyone,” Zico said from behind them, causing Himchan swing them around again, “but, we prefer not to get into unneeded fights.”

            Cee shrugged, “Just some druggies, Zico.”

            Zico nodded at B-bomb, who began to put the keys away and drop the shutter doors. Zico jumped down the rest of the stairs and joined the couple on their way to the boat. “So Cee, finally joining us on the boat?”

            “It appears the day has finally come,” Cee sighed.

            “Is everything ready?” Himchan asked.

            Zico nodded, hands in pockets as he pushed the door to the outside open with his shoulder, “Just waiting on you two.”

            “Cee, it’s true, you joined B.A.P?” Zico asked.

            Cee chuckled, “So it would seem, but don’t worry, I still can’t follow anyone mindlessly.”

            Zico smiled, “Glad to hear it—both parts. You will make B.A.P an even better team and I won’t worry about you as much.”

            “I can take care of—“

            “Myself.” Zico mimicked in an overly high pitched tone, “Let’s not start that up again.”

            “I can,” Cee mumbled.

            Himchan chuckled, “You can, but it is easier to stay alive with help.”

            “True…”

            Soon they came upon the boat and Cee’s eye widened as she took in the size of it. Boat was not an accurate word, Yacht was more precise. Grey paint covered the whole yacht which looked to have at least 4 floors. It must have had more rooms than Block B ever had people to fill, but then again this wasn’t a passenger ship, it was a weapons cargo vessel.

            Zico shrugged at Cee’s staring, “Dealing weapons in this economy is profitable business.”

            “Yeah, ing looks like it,” Cee said in awe.

            “Noona!”

            Cee looked up at the deck to see Zelo calling her. She smiled and waved back, only to notice a boy who looked like Daehyun, but was definitely more childish looking. Her smile dropped.

            “Himchan.”

            Himchan groaned, “Yeah, BTS is on this ride too.”

            “Think you can play nice?” Zico asked as they began to climb onboard.

            “I suppose,” Cee grumbled.

            Zico stopped and glared, “I mean it. I won’t let you on if you are going to cause trouble.”

            Cee glared, “I won’t start anything.”

            “Then there will be no need for you to finish anything,” Zico continued his walk back onto the ship. “It is ridiculous that there is since bad feelings between people who fought and killed together.”

            Cee shrugged, “Things are fine. Doesn’t mean we are friends.”

            “And you don’t even have many of those.”

            “He—“

            “Noona!” Zelo grabbed Cee and lifted her off her feet as soon as she was on the deck. “You came!”

            Cee patted Zelo’s head lightly, feeling awkward being lifted in the air, “I said I’d be here. Could you perhaps, put me down?”

            Zelo smiled sheepishly as he placed her back on her feet.

            “I never thought I’d see the day,” Kyung smiled as he jumped down from a second landing onto the main deck.

            “And that would be?” Cee crossed her arms.

            “No need to get defensive, Lass.” Kyung smiled and pulled her farther onto the deck. Her not flinching at his touch was noticed, but he decided not to say anything at the time, too caught up in all the new things. “I never thought I’d see you actually join up with a group or even see you on my boat.”

            “My boat,” Zico corrected. Kyung smiled towards Zico, who gave him a long look before leading Himchan upstairs. “Cee, you need anything, let me know. And remember, don’t hit anyone… even if they deserve it.”

            Cee closed her eyes in an attempt to keep the Captain with the two different eye colors from seeing her roll her eyes. It would be hard, one knowing she wasn’t allowed to hit anyone, but more importantly having to listen to other people’s orders.

            “I suppose all things have to change eventually,” Cee grumbled.  

            “Sometimes for the better,” Yongguk said. Cee looked up to see him on the upper deck, leaning against the railing with Rap Monster by his side.

            Her eyes connected with the younger man. The weighed each other, thinking of what their relationship would be now and if they would survive on a yacht even this size together without killing one another. Cee more so, just because there were so many more BTS members compared to her one, fighting female. But, the respect they had for each other shown through; respect born from fighting along each other, caring for teammates who might not respect you, and even hearing the other come face to face with death. Respect was there and from that they knew, possibly, eventually, they would get along. So, they nodded, convening their commitment to getting along.

            “Why so serious, Lassy?” Kyung nudged her.

            Cee looked away from the two leaders on the upper deck, focusing back on Kyung, “Maybe because I’m about to be on the ocean with nowhere to hide.”

            Kyung chuckled, “Quite the opposite, girlie. The ocean is vast and there are many a places to hide. No one will ever find us.”

            Cee stepped back playfully as Kyung went to touch her shoulder, “I meant from you.”

            Kyung’s jaw dropped and he started sputtering as the boys on the upper deck laughed.

            “Kyung, you better stop hitting on my girlfriend or you might find yourself getting quite intimate with the cold ocean,” Himchan called down with laughter in his voice.

            “Why don’t I show you around,” Taeil said.

            “That would be great,” Cee chuckled as Kyung was still pretending to be wounded.

            Taeil led Cee towards the stairs which led down into the hull and away from most of the guys who were finishing getting ready to set sail.     

            “I’ll show you the weapon room first,” Taeil smiled widely around the lollipop in his mouth.

            Cee’s eyes sparkled, “That would be great.”

            They continued to walk past doors and open spaces, places Cee would explore in good time, but was more excited about the weapon stash Block B had. “How long until we reach Mexico?” Cee asked to break the silence and to figure out how long she would have to deal being in such close quarters to everyone.

            “Mexico?” Taeil asked.

            “Aren’t we going to Mexico?”

            “Ah!” Youngjae stuck his head out from a darkened room lit only by computer screens. “Cee, you made it.”

            “Youngjae,” Cee stopped, “I thought we were going to Mexico.”

            “Oh,” Youngjae smiled guiltily, looking down at the floor.

            “Sorry, Cee,” Jaehyo opened the door wider so he and Jin were in view. “We need to stop at a few places first.”

            Cee blinked in confusion, “So, we aren’t going to Mexico?”

            “We are,” Youngjae said quickly, “Just… not as soon as we thought we would.”

            Jin chuckled, “Don’t worry, there will be evil and bad guys to kill along the way.”

            Cee glared.

            “I have beautiful new butterfly knives in the back—never been used,” Taeil said trying to change the subject.

            “No way,” Cee breathed out.

            Taeil chuckled and started leading her away. She let him, wanting to let this disappointment fade with the help of gunpower and steel.

            She knew it wasn’t a bad thing, this change of plans, but with everything new she just wasn’t prepared. Ever since she met B.A.P her life had been a whirl of change and it didn’t look like it was going to stop. Cee smiled remembering how only moments ago Yongguk had said again that change could be good.

            ‘It doesn’t matter where we go. There will be bad people, and when we see them we’ll kill them,’ Cee smiled at her own thought, already in a better mood. She rubbed her matoki imprinted wristband and began to think of all the positives, which included unlimited ammo.

            ‘Mexico will have to wait, but we’ll get there eventually.’

-------------

a/n: so this is happening and I'm so excited. I really hope someone--maybe one of you?!-- requests a scenario or asks a question about these guys. Really anything at all you w ant to know. okay, until next time!!

thanks for reading <3

PS again the link for the blog is HERE