Practice on Deck

Vigilantes At Sea

Do Cee and the guys run drills on the boat to train for different bad guy-fighting scenarios? It would be cool to see how they practice their team dynamics now that Cee is officially a member.

 

            I wouldn’t say they practice scenarios, like live-action things. It’s more seeing everyone’s skills and pushing them harder. When everyone knows everyone’s strengths and weaknesses they know how to plan.

            I don’t want to leave you with this short of an answer though so, how about if I give examples of these practices J


               

--Right after leaving Canada--

            Cee panted. Her hands were up near her face and she continued to shift her weight from one foot to the other.

            “How long are you going to make me wait? Come on, I still want to use my youth correctly, unlike you,” Daehyun provoked her.

            ‘,’ Cee swung her left hand towards him which Daehyun dodged.

            He yawned, “Is that all you got?”

            Cee let out a frustrated noise before going at him with all she had. She recalled their fight the time in the alley behind Club Red, trying to remember if there was some weak point. She punched and kicked with all she had yet, he still dodged. She was dodging his attacked too, which was her only point of pride at the moment.

            Suddenly, she noticed Daehyun was moving to her right to dodge her left punch. Following her momentum she let the wing carry her through, lifting her leg in the process and slammed it into his back before he had time to get out of the way.

            “What’s wrong Dae, getting slow in your old age?” Cee asked with a smirk.

            Youngjae and Zelo cheered her on from the upper level deck of the ship. Cee and Daehyun were on the main deck, the widest area on board. Youngjae and Zelo were there to make sure they didn’t start fighting for real.

            Daehyun scowled and without saying anything whipped a fist towards her face, which she barely dodged in time.

            “Don’t get too serious, Dae!” Youngjae called out.

            “No, get serious,” Cee said seriously while jumping back. “I need this.”

            Zelo tsked at his older members while watching them both land blows here and there, “Should we stop them?”

            Youngjae groaned, “No. Anger clouds a person’s mind but, they are still only in the phase were it makes them focus more.”

            “And when it gets beyond that?” Zelo flinched when he saw Cee take a kick to the stomach.

            “Then, that will usually be the person to lose,” Youngjae answered, waiting for one of them to go over the line.

            Cee rolled to the right, a move Daehyun had taught her last time they had fought. She flinched as her shoulder gave her pain and before she knew it Daehyun’s foot connected with the left side of her head.

            “,” Cee cursed from the pain but, stood up ready to dodge his next attack.

            Daehyun gave her a calculated look, trying to figure out how much farther to go, before continuing to fight again.

            ‘Faster, Faster!’ Cee commanded more of herself.

            “You getting tired, grandma?”

            Cee threw her right arm out in a punch, already knowing it felt wrong. She didn’t have time to pull back because Daehyun had already been in position. He grabbed her arm while at the same time turning his back to her and flipped her over him. Cee landed on the hard wood deck and squeaked in pain.

            Daehyun looked down at her with a smirk on his face, “I win, again.”

            “Arm,” Cee said through gritted teeth.

            Daehyun’s smirk dropped, replaced instead with one of concern. He realized he was still holding her wrist and let go. Immediately, Cee sat up and grabbed her right shoulder.

            “Are you okay?” Daehyun asked.

            “Noona, what’s wrong?” Zelo asked as he raced down the stairs.

            Cee took deep breaths, letting the pain die down, “Just shoulder pains.”

            “Let me see,” Youngjae said once he reached them, just a few steps behind Zelo.

 Cee groaned as she pulled back the short sleeve of her shirt. “No bruising yet, no bleeding… you need to be more careful,” he said while running his fingers over the red area surrounding the scar formed from the multiple gunshot wounds and knife wound which occurred so close together and then the horrible stitching Youngjae had done.

            Cee hurriedly pulled her sleeve down, putting her hand back over the covered ugly area, “I can handle it.”

            Youngjae poked her forehead to make her look at him, “You might think so but, your body might not. Do I need to put your right arm in a sling again?”

            Daehyun sighed, “You need to take more care of your right shoulder. Work with your left and build strength some more, then we can work double time on your right to bring it up to speed.

            Cee appreciated that he wasn’t giving her a hard time over her loss so, she nodded in agreement.

            Zelo frowned, “Noona, don’t be sad at your loss. Hand-to-hand combat is your worst skill.”

            Cee groaned as she stood up, feeling new pain all over her body, ‘Maybe Daehyun hit me a few more times than I thought.’

            “He’s right,” Youngjae said as he started leading her to the infirmary. “The fact that you can dodge him so well in the first place is impressive.”

            Cee shook her head, “Not good enough though.”

            Youngjae scoffed, “Cee, my friend, I love you but, right now you are being delusional. Have you forgotten that Daehyun has won so many martial arts competitions that I can’t even keep count?”

            “I know that,” Cee said briskly. “You think I don’t know he is going easy on me? I’m fast but, I’m not that fast.”

            “He isn’t—“

            “He is,” Cee looked at him seriously, “I’ve seen him fight Jongup and even against people in the field. He is amazing and I can’t keep up. I don’t think I can but, if I survive against Daehyun, learn some moves, learn how to predict people’s moves, then maybe I’ll survive a little longer out there.”

            Youngjae chuckled, “If he heard you right now…”

            “You better not tell him.”

            “I won’t. Best friend’s promise,” Youngjae smiled.

            “Good,” Cee grinned, thinking of payback, “Just wait until we compete in something I’m good at. I’m going to talk nonstop.”

 

 

            *Few days after Cee & Kyung’s episode*

Cee heard a knock on the doorframe of the main room and looked up from her computer to see Kyung smiling at her.

            “Wow, you knock now? This is an improvement,” Cee teased.

            “Whatever makes ya happy, lass.”

            Cee smiled as she shook her head. As much as she hated to admit it, being called Lass was really growing on her. She decided to try speaking an older English to match him, “To what do I owe the privilege of your company, Kyung?”

            He raised an eyebrow but, didn’t react further, “I was hoping to get yours. Want ta help me catch dinner? Maybe make a wager?”

            Cee raised from her seat, “A bet?”

            Kyung chuckled as she followed him down the hallway, “Some of the lads are trying to catch fish but, we be so close to land that I’ve spotted some birds.”

            Now it was Cee’s turn to raise her eyebrow, “You think you can beat me at sniping down birds?”

            “Tis worth a shot,” Kyung answered, “You don have experience shooting in this environment.”

            “True,” Cee pondered. “What’s the bet?”

            “T’was thinkin’ we could do it for a kiss—“

            “Next option,” Cee cut him off as they walked onto the main deck.

            Kyung chuckled, “I’ll get a kiss out of you one day, Lass.”

            Cee rolled her eyes, “What did you really want?”

            Kyung was silent for so long Cee glanced at him but, she couldn’t read him, “Kyung?”

            “Ah yes, me wager. Was hoping that you would grant me your company the next time we go ashore.”

            “My company… okay, I can roll with that and if I win then I want a free navigation lesson,” Cee said proud of her answer.

            “Feel like I win either way,” Kyung mumbled under his breath.

            “What?”

            Kyung smiled, “We best be getting started.”

            Cee squinted her eyes as she looked out at the horizon, trying to see the birds which were but specks against the horizon but, could have been coming closer to them.

            “You guys hunting birds?” Taeil asked from his chair on the edge of the deck, his fishing pole beside him waiting for a bite. Yongguk and Suga were with him and turned to observe the excitement.

            “That we are,” Cee noticed her gun case and started shaking her head at Kyung who already knew she would take him up on his bet.

            Taeil gave a lengthy whistle, “Good luck, Cee. Shooting out here is a challenge.”

            Cee smirked as she finished setting her long-ranged gun up, “I’m ready for it.”

            “Your guns are going to scare the fish,” Suga complained.

            “At least we will be catching something.” Kyung chuckled at Cee’s reply.

            “Rules?” Cee asked as she tested the wind.

            Kyung looked out at the ocean, “First to five?”

            “Sounds good but…”

            Taeil stretched and pulled binoculars out of his tackle box, “I’ll keep you honest.”

            “Ready, Lass?”

            “Ready when you are,” Cee smiled.

            “And…. Start!”

            At Taeil’s words Cee was on the ground behind her gun and eye to the scope. Cee had the advantage of having a natural knack for this type of distance shooting but, Kyung was in his element.

            It was a slow start for both of them but, Kyung began leading 2-0. Cee cursed, not knowing why she couldn’t see the birds. It soon dawned on her she was aiming too low and needed to be looking farther out. Soon enough Cee caught up and surpassed Kyung much to the surprise of everyone on deck.

            “Five!” Cee shouted in glee, beating Kyung by 2 birds.

            Kyung shook his head in defeat as he pulled back from his gun, “You be a quick study.”

            “Only because I learned from the best,” Cee chuckled and tipped her head to Taeil.

            “So, a navigation lesson?” Kyung asked.

            Cee nodded as she put her gun away, “Never know when I’ll need to drive a boat or get lost again.”

            “Ah…”

            “Mostly the boat part,” Cee said hurriedly.

            “When will we need a boat?” Yongguk sighed.

            “Well, if you want the first part of your lesson you’ll be wanting to follow me,” Kyung started walking towards the upper deck.

            “Wh--- now?”

            Kyung smiled back at her, “We have to find our birds don’t we?”

            Cee smiled, “Can’t let the fishes eat our dinner.”


a/n: Just a heads up! I wrote another chapter for Time to Live (Really Living? sequel) and I'm hoping to write another chapter this week??? Anyhow, check it out if you want ^_^

 

Hope you enjoyed these little drabbles~!