There is Such a Thing as Too Much Flirting

Vigilantes At Sea

In case you don’t want to read the whole thing and want to know the basics of the relationship and not just one specific moment:
[ Basically— Cee treats it the same as usual: threats of violence and pleas for him to stop. Himchan tolerates it letting Cee fight her own battles but, steps in when things start getting to be too much. Cee will hide from Kyung or go other places when she doesn’t want to deal with it. Sometimes if really bothered with it Himchan or Cee with spar with Kyung in the practice room and let emotions go. But, they all learn how to live with it and no one dies, which is the important part!! ]

NOW FOR A SPECIFIC MOMENT: 

            Cee peeked into the workout room. Seeing only Jongup, Taeil, and Jimin, she entered. She waved at the guys, then walked over to the treadmill, deciding to start with cardio before doing weights.

            “Hey, Cee,” Taeil acknowledged from where he did sit ups. “Want me to spot you later?”

            “That would be great,” Cee smiled.

            Taeil fake shivered, “I’m still not used to seeing that all the time.”

            “I’m still not used to a girl lifting more than a guy,” Jimin breathed out, sweating on the pull up bar.

            Jongup laughed from the leg press machine, “It isn’t hard to beat Jin.”

            Cee looked around once more before taking her jacket off and getting on the machine. Wearing tight workout pants and only a sports bra, she felt vulnerable, but slowly she was getting more and more comfortable around the boys.

            Jimin chuckled, or tried too but the effort was too much, “Anyone up for a bet?”

            Taeil groaned, “Better take care when you say ‘bet’ or you could have more than one person running here… $5 on 15-20 minutes.”

            “I don’t know, shouldn’t it be sooner?”

            Cee scowled at them as she started to run.”

            “It is a small boat,” Jongup said as he thought of his own bet.

            “Jongup! You too?!” Cee gawked.

            Jongup smiled sheepishly, “I can’t pass this up. Sorry, Noona.”

            “I’ll match your 5 but on now to 5 minutes,” Jimin said.

            “Guys, there is no way—“

            “Deal,” Taeil said, “Jongup, you in?”

            Jongup hummed in thought, “$5 on 10-11 minutes.”

            Cee groaned and increased her speed.

            “That’s more specific, but sure.” Taeil said.

            Jongup laughed lightly, “That’s when she’ll start sweating if she continues to run faster.”

            Cee rolled her eyes as they all laughed, “These guys…”

            After five minutes, Jimin groaned. The boys gradually switched machines and started new sets of repetitions.

            Right as ten minutes passed, Cee began to sweat. She looked at Jongup in disbelief but, only got a wink in return. ‘This is not the best environment for my Jongup.’

            The gym door slammed open, “I found ya, lass!”

            Cee’s eyes widened as she saw Kyung jogging towards her and she mumbled, “You have got to be kidding me….”

            “I win!” Jongup cheered.

            Kyung winked at Jongup, “I better get a cut if that bet was about me.”

            Cee groaned as the flirty pirate leaned on the treadmill but, continued running.

            “Argh, aren’t ye looking y,” Kyung chuckled at himself.

            Cee pointed to her ears and didn’t say anything, hoping he would go away. ’Not supposed to hurt anyone, not supposed to hurt anyone…’

            Kyung frowned as he looked at her ears, “What are you trying to say?”

            Jimin laughed from where he was lifting weights, “Cee, you don’t have earphones in.”

            “Wha—oh,” Cee groaned as she put her hands to her ears. “What do you want, Kyung?”

            “Many, many things, but right now I’d love to spend time with you, perhaps in the map room?”

            “No, I’m busy.”

            “I could stay here and watch if that is—“

            “Go away, Kyung,” Cee said with force, her annoyance clearly showing.

            “But lass, why can’t you make time for me?” Kyung frowned.

            “Honestly…” Cee sighed as she slowed to a stop, having spent enough time on the machine. She wasn’t sure what to say him, her friend, but being on the ship, around him all the time was getting to be too much for her to handle.

            He grabbed her hand and was about to speak again when the door opened.

            “Hey—“ Himchan’s smile dropped when he saw Kyung holding Cee’s hand, “For ’s sake, Kyung! Can’t I go an hour without seeing you hit on my girlfriend!? This is getting to be too much.”

            Kyung scoffed, “I don’t flirt with her that much. I’m jus’ bein’ friendly-like.”

            “It really is too much, Kyung,” Cee admitted as she stepped off the machine. “I’m trying to work out, this isn’t the time.”

            “When else have I been too much?” Kyung asked sarcastically.

            Himchan put his arm around Cee’s waist, “How about the first week when you tried sneaking into her room at night?”

            “I was seein’ if she had been needin’ water.”

            “What about when you kissed my hand yesterday at breakfast?” Cee scowled. “You’re lucky Zico was there or I would have punched you.”

            “Or how about in Canada when you called her your girlfriend?” Jongup added from across the room.

            Both Cee and Himchan glared at Kyung. Himchan was the first to speak up, “You did what?”

            “Ayyy, it was all in good fun, ‘ight?” Kyung smiled and backed away.

            “Kyung Park, I swear to God, this isn’t funny anymore,” Cee said, a menacing aura was starting to surround her.

            “How about when—“

            “Jimin, you better shut your mouth or I’ll pound both you and Kyung into the gound,” Cee spit out. “I don’t want to hear anymore! Kyung this is too much and you need to back the off.”

            “Lass…” Kyung’s smile dropped.

            “Kyung, she’s taken. She’s my girlfriend!” Himchan’s voice started to rise. “How can you not respect that?”

            “Right… pa’haps I’ve gon’ too far…” Kyung bowed his head and quickly walked out.

            “This is so frustrating!” Cee grabbed her things, “I don’t even feel like working out anymore. I’ll see you all later.”

            “Wait, Serena, please stay,” Himchan gently grabbed her hand.

            She shook her head, “I’m going to go cool off in the shower. I’ll see you later.”

            She walked out of the gym room in a huff and headed towards her room. Her thoughts were so preoccupied with Kyung and his flirting that she didn’t even notice Youngjae coming out of the dining room. She walked right past him without a word.

            “Ouch, not even going to say hi?” Youngjae said.

            “Hm? Oh, Youngjae. Sorry, I didn’t see you,” Cee apologized.

            “That’s even worse,” Youngjae laughed, “Are you losing your touch?”

            Cee made a grimace which made Youngjae frown and take a closer look at her, “What’s wrong?”

            “Nothing,” Cee started walking away but of course, Youngjae didn’t believe her and followed.

            “Tell me.”

            “No.”

            “Serena, I’m not going away.”

            Cee groaned and placed her head against the cool boat wall, “I’m tired of this boat! I’m tired of not being able to escape and have my own time or work things out and most of all, I’m tired of having to deal with everyone all the time! Now please just—“

            “Who is bothering you?” Youngjae cut her off. He crossed his arms and leaned against the wall.

            “Jae…”

            “Come on,” He took her arm and dragged her down the flight of stairs and into his shared room. Surprisingly to both of them, Cee went with him willingly and even let him lead her to his bed. “Now, tell me everything.”

            She bit her lip in thought, but realizing Youngjae was one of the only people she actually felt comfortable enough confiding in, and knew he would keep the conversation between the two of them, she explained. She told him about her feelings for Kyung recently and even about some of the things he had done. The few times Youngjae laughed she would glare but, she continued.

            “So, you yelled at him?”

            “Hell yeah and he is lucky that is all I did,” Cee huffed.

            “True, he has been acting like a true jerk,” Youngjae nodded in agreement. “But, I still think you should go talk to him.”

            “About what?” Cee asked in total confusion.

            “Well, flirting is how Kyung always acts with you, maybe he doesn’t know how else to act.”

            Cee rolled her eyes, “Are you a psychiatrist now?”

            Youngjae laughed, “With all this free time I was researching psychology.”

            Cee groaned with a smile, teasing him.

            He nudged her, “What do you think?”

            “I think…” Cee sighed, “I need to go think.”

            He patted her back, “I’ll be here if you need me.”

            She smiled, “Thanks, Jae.”

 

            Which is what brought Cee, an hour later, to the ladder outside of the navigation room. Above the room was Kyung’s usual spot since it was the highest spot on the boat. She sighed, ‘I can’t put this off. I can’t back away from relationships anymore.’

            With that in mind, she began the short climb up the ladder. Quickly reaching the top she spotted Kyung who was mindlessly staring ahead at the never ending blue water. It was one of those rare moments he actually looked serious.

            “Hey, Kyung.”

            He jumped slightly, but smiled sadly when he saw her, “Hey, Lass. What are you doin’ up ‘ere?”

            “Permission to come up?”

            “Of course, Lass.”

            She sighed as she crawled next to him and sat down, “We need to talk.”

            “Are ye… are ye breaking up with meh?”

            She rolled her eyes and gently pushed him, “You know what I mean. And seriously, why has your pirate accent gotten stronger?”

            “’Cuz we be on a ship, a pirate ship,” Kyung chuckled. The silence grew between them for a while as they both stared out at the water. “So, time to talk?”

            “Kyung, I like hanging out with you and I like you as a person but, I can’t handle the flirting,” Cee confessed.

            “Too much?”

            “Way too much. I’ve wanted to punch you so many times,” she chuckled. “Like seriously, I’ve had dreams—“

            “As happy as I am to be in yer dreams, I think we can skip the part of physical violence,” Kyung interrupted.

            “I’m not good at this… talking, you know? Having friends and ,” Cee groaned.

            “I’m a friend,” Kyung smiled. “It is always nice to hear that.”

            “I want to stay friends,” Cee said.

            “Aye, me too, Lass,” Kyung said slowly.

            “Can you cut back on the flirting?” Cee asked. “It is your personality so I understand some here and there but, I do need a break.”

            “For ye Lass, I’ll do ‘nything.”

            Cee blinked, ‘Wow was that expression… no just the trick of the light and my imagination at work.’

            Kyung smiled and patted her hand, “I must make a demand, though.”

            “Oh?”

            “I get to kiss you at least once a day,” Kyung smiled.

            “No way,” Cee tried not to chuckle.

            “Then—“

            “No kissing.”

            “Then the next adventure we go on we go undercover as a couple. It would be fun, Lass.”

            “Or Himchan and I could since we are an actual couple. More believable.”

            “Aye, that be true,” Kyung scratched the side of his face. “What if—“

            “What if, I sit next to you sometimes at meals and spend time with you in the navigation room. I’d love for you and B-bomb to teach me more about maps,” Cee countered.

            “That could work… I’m still going to tell ye how y ye are.”

            Cee rolled her eyes, “Whatever, but just not as much as usual. I don’t want Zico to throw Himchan or I off the boat.”

          “Himchan, ehhh but, I definitely wouldn’t want ye thrown off. Then all the amazing scenery would be gone.” Kyung teased.

            Cee poked his cheek making him laugh, “So, you going to take it easy on the flirting?”

            “ ‘Course lov’. I can do that fer ye.”

            “Right,” Cee smiled, “Well, I’m glad we settled this no matter how weird it felt talking with way.”

            “So strange for ye,” Kyung laughed.

            “I swear you and that pirate accent…” Cee shook her head. “I better get going.”

            “Wait,” Kyung grabbed her hand. She didn’t flinch away, now getting used to him, just looked up at him. “Would ye stay ‘ere with me for a wee bit?”

            A weird feeling stirred in her chest, one she wasn’t able to place as she looked at Kyung. “I thought you didn’t like people coming up here with you?”

            He smiled once he noticed she had sat back down, “If it ye, it is okay. I can share.”

            “I guess I can stay a wee bit then,” Cee smiled.

            They sat there is silence, their friendship once again whole, if not even stronger than before. Occasionally they would joke or share fighting tips or stories. Together they watched the sun go down. Cee didn’t know it at the time, but somehow, this important talk would become an unforgettable memory for both of them.


A/N: omg this took me a month!! I'm so sorry >.< also, I'm working on the sequel. 

Anyone have any questions about these guys? Want any drabbles/ one shots about them??           

Thanks for reading <3