Day of Mixed Emotions

Vigilantes At Sea

Kinda long... but, I got feels and it lead me to making this which kinda foreshadows to the sequel... which I should write already T_T I’m sorry. Anyhow, finally was motivated and this happened tonight. Not my best since I literally thought of this all in the shower and sat down afterwards and wrote it without a second thought. Hope y’all like it though.

This takes place later in the day after they leave England.


 

           “He is where?!”

           Instantly, Cee’s head whipped towards the captains deck where Yongguk’s shout came from.  Seeing the rage evident on his face, without hesitation she sprinted to and up the stairs with some of the other boys who she had been talking with.

           “He yelled?” Zelo whispered in confusion.

           Cee pursed her lips as they came into the room, ‘What possible thing could make Yongguk so mad he would actually raise his voice?’

           Zico stood in front of Yongguk facing Cee and the others who had entered. His eyes didn’t waver from Yongguk’s face, his different colored eyes making his look even more intense. “This isn’t what you want.”

           “Zico,” Yongguk said with his deep voice so threatening it made a chill go down Cee’s spine, “I said to turn your goddamn boat towards Seoul.”

           Cee took a second to look away from the conflict in front of her to Himchan who stood beside her. He shook his head, not understanding either, and then Cee looked back as Zico started to speak again.

           “What about Santiago?” Zico’s voice was sharp but still calm as to not provoke Yongguk’s already rare burst of anger.

           “Andy is more important,” Yongguk growled. “We go to Seoul.”

           “Hey, what about—“Himchan put a hand over V’s mouth to stop him from talking.

           “We do need to stop at Italy first, Yongguk,” Zico said.

           ‘This is ing ridiculous,’ Cee clenched her fists in anger. ‘I can’t allow him to keep this up. Why is no one stopping him?’

           “No, we—“

           “Hey!” Cee shouted and walked up to Yongguk’s side. “We aren’t changing course.”

           “Excuse me?” Yongguk asked, turning all his anger to her.

           Cee glared right back at him, not backing down, “You heard me. We are going after Santiago.”


 

           “Who gave you the authority to make that decision?” Yongguk stepped closer and it was only thanks to Cee’s training and past experiences that she didn’t step back. He would physically have to run into her before she stepped back.

           “Are you trying to bully me right now?” Cee took a bigger step into the rest of his personal space. Being 2 inches shorter, it was a little uncomfortable looking up and keeping up a strong aura but, she tried anyhow. “I’m not backing away from you, Yongguk. Maybe if you talked to us about why you want to go then we could, as a group, discuss it.”

           “I’m making this—“

           “I can argue all day!” Cee yelled, catching Yongguk off balance and probably hurting his ears from that close distance.

           “You…” Yongguk shook his head and then started for the door, “Zico, we are going to Seoul.” Everyone jumped out of Yongguk’s way as he walked out.

           “The just happened?!” V exclaimed.

           Cee looked to Zico. He exhaled before she could speak, “Don’t worry we aren’t changing direction. Once he calms down he would regret his decision anyhow.”

           Cee nodded and walked to the door.

           “Where are you going?” Zelo asked, grabbing her arm before she walked out.

           She smiled briefly before lightly pushing the younger off, “I need to go have a talk with your brother.”

           Himchan sighed as Cee left, “The just happened, Zico?”

           Zico pinched the bridge of his nose as he slid a packet of papers to the edge of the table. Himchan picked them up and scanned them quickly, his lips getting tighter with each word he read.

           “Well……”

           “What?” Zelo looked over Himchan’s shoulder as the other boys hurriedly talked about what was going on. Even Daehyun, Youngjae, and Jongup were in the room now as J-Hope had called everyone to tell them what was going on.

           “The Shinhwa members came out of hiding, huh?” Zelo frowned.

           Jongup came up and started soothingly his arm, “You okay?”

           “Yeah,” Zelo gave his friend a small smile, “It’s just not every day you get clear evidence that your father was screwed over by a former faction of SooMan.”

           Himchan patted the younger’s shoulder, “The start of all your problems… and the person who you were almost sold to… no wonder he is pissed.”

           “Will Cee be okay?” V asked.

           “Of course!” Himchan looked at him like he was an idiot. “Yongguk would never hurt one of us.” He threw the papers down and ran a hand through his hair, “It’s just… instead of waiting for him to calm down, Cee is trying to force him to.”

           Youngjae shrugged, “It’s just her way. Very in your face.”

           “Looks like they are in the main room,” Kyung said looking at a computer monitor.

           “I better get close then,” Himchan sighed.

           V frowned, “I thought you said Yongguk wouldn’t hurt her?”

           Himchan chuckled, “No, but we don’t want an argument to get too heated either.”

           “Plus,” Daehyun mumbled as Himchan left, “She might throw a punch to make him fight so he releases his anger.”

           Youngjae nudged him to quiet. “Let’s watch the monitors.”

 

           Cee slammed the door shut and stormed in the main room after Yongguk, “Stop running from me, you coward, and talk to me!”

           “Why should I?!” Yongguk raised his voice.

           “Because you are still mad!” Cee shouted back.

           Yongguk turned back, “Am I not allowed to be angry? Am I not allowed to want revenge as well?”

           Cee stopped and stared back, letting him throw all his anger at her, “Of course you are but, this isn’t how we do things and you know that. Yongguk, you are the leader and the boys need you calm! Daehyun and I are the ones who get loud, remember? Don’t use your anger on something like this.”

           Yongguk’s eyes flicked to the ground for a split second before he continued his strong gaze and stepped closer, “He needs to be stopped. Now.”

           “Probably, yeah but, so does Santiago.”

           “But Shinhwa—“

           “Shinhwa?” Cee asked confused, “Yongguk, half of that group is dead and the other half is mostly retired.”

           “But—“

           “Santiago is hurting people now and he needs to be stopped,” Cee glared Yongguk down as she walked within arms distance of him. “We can go after Shinhwa next, if that’s what you want but, we should go after the big fish—the main problem, don’t you think?”

           Yongguk looked away and clenched his fists, “Shinhwa needs to be dealt with now.”

           Cee took a deep breath before gently placing her hands on Yongguk’s chest, “Then use me.”

           If her hands hadn’t caught him by surprise, her words definitely did the trick and forced him to look at her. He blinked in confusion as he looked down into her eyes with mixed emotions. Cee could tell the anger was still there but, the tension was slowly leaving his body.

           “Yongguk, Santiago needs to be dealt with but, if you need it, I will go with Block B and have them drop me off in Korea for you.” Cee continued.

           He furrowed his eyebrows, “What are you talking about? I can’t have you go alone.”

           “But you can and I would.”

           Yongguk studied her, looking for some other meaning but, understanding she meant exactly what she said, he stepped back, “No. That is not what is going to happen.”

           “Yongguk—“

           He held up a hand to stop her as his other massaged his forehead as if easing pain. Yongguk shook his head and then walked out of the room.

           Himchan walked in and closed the open door, “Have fun?”

           Cee sighed, “As if staring down Yongguk is ever fun.”

           Himchan closed the distance between them and hugged her, letting her finally relax. She dropped her shoulders and breathed in his scent to calm her nerves.

           “You didn’t have to go after him… Zico already said they weren’t changing course,” Himchan caressed her back.

           “No, I needed to. It’s my job,” Cee replied.

           “I didn’t realize that was part of the second-in-command’s job description.”

           “No… it’s…” Cee sighed, “You know, it’s my place in the gang.”

           Himchan pulled back, confused, “What?”

           “Everyone has a place, something they do to help the others,” Cee explained.

           Himchan shook his head, “Now I really am confused. We have roles?”

           “Yes.”

           Himchan went and flopped down onto a couch, “So, for example, what are Jongup and Zelo’s roles?”

           “Jongup and Zelo…” Cee followed and sat on the couch, “well, they are the ones who keep us from always being serious. They remind us to play games and smile… like Jongup always smiles hoping we smile and Zelo has maintained his innocence because he is still a teenage but, that might change soon… and…hmm…”

           Himchan chuckled, “Seems like we started with the hardest people. Should you describe someone else?”

           “No,” Cee shook her head. “Zelo is youth and our baby for now but, within a year or so he will truly change. He will still be the one to compliment and make us feel good but, he will probably start learning everything he can so that he can match us or… more like push us all to be better.”

           Himchan nodded slowly, “Jongup?”

           “Smiles,” Cee chuckled, “He will always be the one smile and remind us things will be okay and will carry on.”

           “Alright, I see, so, how about someone easier like Yongguk?”

           Cee smiled, “Obviously the leader. Although he is calm and composed always bringing us back together or helping us regroup. Pretty much, our rock.”

           “Me?” Himchan smiled.

           “Mother.”

           “Hey!” Himchan pushed her.

           Cee laughed as she righted herself, “Come on, you have to agree. You nag and order the younger ones to do the little things so Yongguk doesn’t have to take on everything. You also make sure everyone is okay.”

           Himchan sighed, “I accept your explanation, I suppose…”

           Cee kissed his cheek and he instantly smiled, “Wanna know the other two?”

           “Yeah.”

           “Daehyun is the protector of the gang. Even when we are strolling along the streets he is always looking around looking for a threat. A threat from human, animal, or other; it doesn’t matter what it is but, Daehyun is there on the front line. He kinda resembles a watch dog.” Cee chuckled.

           “Youngjae is always making plans, whether it be where we sleep, what we end up buying from the grocery store, or whatever. I guess… Youngjae is making sure we are safe in his own way. As one of the smartest among us, he uses everything at his disposal to make sure we have everything we need.”

           “So… he’s the provider?”

           Cee tilted her head in thought, “Nurturer or provider, it is hard to put a finger on it.”

           “I think I understand… but then, what is your role?” Himchan asked.

           Cee sat up straighter, “I’m another protector.”

           Himchan shook his head, “Of course… but I don’t see how that makes what happened earlier your job. It sound nothing like what you said earlier.”

           “Because Daehyun and my jobs are different,” Cee started. “He protects the gang from outside things while I take care of the inside.”

           “Huh?”

           Cee pulled at the ends of her hair, “Well, I keep us from hurting ourselves or changing for the worse.”

           “So with Yongguk…”

           “He let his anger get the best of him, which isn’t a bad thing but, he was letting it use him and cloud his judgement. But, he has a problem, therefore I offered to deal with it so that he wouldn’t be affected anymore.

           Himchan shook his head, “You really meant it when you said you would go in there solo…”

           “Yes,” Cee answered immediately, “I’m an assassin. I can be sneaky, I can be careful, I am a one person attack team which can deal with our problems.” She paused as her thoughts whizzed through her mind, “I’m a monster and can be used as one so that you all aren’t hurt anymore.”

           Himchan groaned and pulled her against his chest, “You’re an idiot because that is the worst job and you aren’t a monster.”

           “It’s how I fit!” Cee huffed, “And the monster… let’s not get into it…”

           “Cee…” Himchan shook his head and ran his hand through her hair, “If you are protecting us all, who is protecting you?”

           Cee chuckled, “You of course.”

           Himchan took a second before smiling, “Yes, I am.”

           “We all have the major jobs but, that doesn’t mean the others don’t help out too. For instance, Zelo and Jongup help each other stay energetic and happy, Yongguk helps Youngjae with the planning and such, Youngjae is always, always, looking out for Daehyun, Yongguk and Youngjae help you keep everyone in order or remind you of things that need to be done, and you help Yongguk lead when he needs a break.”

           “You didn’t put yourself in there…”

           “Oh! Right… I guess… hmmm”

           “Still new to the gang but, you help Yongguk like you did today, bringing him back to his senses and you help Daehyun and I,” Himchan thought out loud.

           Cee smiled, “See? Everyone’s covered.”

           Himchan sighed, “I don’t like it too much… you do realize you are worth more than your body, right?”

           Cee grinned and let a finger slide down Himchan’s arm, “True but, I think my body is worth quite a lot.”

           “You are strong but—“ He stopped as he caught the look on Cee’s face and then chuckled, “Really now?”

           She shrugged, “You set me up.”

           He let his hand slowly slide down her side, “I could show you new ways to use your body.”

           Zico clearing his throat came over the loud speaker, “Whatever you two are thinking, you better not be doing it in the main room.”

           “Seriously, from almost getting in a fight to getting frisky… what a quick change,” Daehyun said condescendingly.

           Cee dropped her head into the crook of Himchan’s neck to hide her embarrassment, “I didn’t realize they were listening to all of that…”

           “Fine,” Himchan said loudly. He shifted the two of them around until he was able to pick Cee up, “We’ll just take this conversation to a place with no active microphones or cameras.”

           Cee frowned, “Where is that?”

           Himchan grinned, “I disabled them all in my room.”

           “Really?”

           “Just in case,” Himchan walked them out of the room.

           Cee chuckled, “Just in case, huh?”

           “Can’t a guy be hopeful?”

           Cee lifted her head and smiled before kissing Himchan. The past hour or so had been a roller coaster of emotions but, that seemed to be the life she was living these days. Seeing as how happy she was, Cee definitely wasn’t complaining.


Whatcha think? ^_^ sorry I haven't been updating a lot....